Windows 10: Windows 10 Printing Problem post update - driver not compatible with Windows NT 4.0 policy

Discus and support Windows 10 Printing Problem post update - driver not compatible with Windows NT 4.0 policy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Epson printer that was working fine until a recent Windows 10 update, which has now left it showing "driver not available". Getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhilipShaw4, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Printing Problem post update - driver not compatible with Windows NT 4.0 policy

I have an Epson printer that was working fine until a recent Windows 10 update, which has now left it showing "driver not available". Getting the following error, and various other errors concerning kernal drivers on the print server. It's just a straightforward wireless printer on a home network with a router and one laptop.

Unable to Install Printer. The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks Windows NT 4.0 drivers. If you want to use this driver, contact your system administrator about disabling this policy.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

:)

PhilipShaw4, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Hood Win User

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

Hood, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Kanan Win User
    Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

It's a weird software problem I guess. Try GeForce Experience to upgrade it, maybe it works. I have a 780 Ti too and have the newest driver in Win 8.1, installed via GF Experience.

Kanan, Aug 2, 2018
  4. chispy Win User

Windows 10 Printing Problem post update - driver not compatible with Windows NT 4.0 policy

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Printing Problem post update - driver not compatible with Windows NT 4.0 policy

1. Windows 10 Printing Problem post update - driver not compatible with Windows NT 4.0 policy - Similar Threads - Printing Problem post

2. Audio Playback Problem Post-Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Playback Problem Post-Windows 10 Update: Subject: Audio Playback Problem Post-Windows 10 UpdateGreetings, fellow forum members,I'm reaching out for assistance with an audio playback issue that has surfaced after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, I've encountered difficulties with audio...
  3. Audio Playback Problem Post-Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Playback Problem Post-Windows 10 Update: Subject: Audio Playback Problem Post-Windows 10 UpdateGreetings, fellow forum members,I'm reaching out for assistance with an audio playback issue that has surfaced after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, I've encountered difficulties with audio...
  4. compatibility with sims 4 and windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    compatibility with sims 4 and windows 10: sims 3 and 4 wont run proper without running in compatibility mode and under admin. this is the only EA /Origin game that i have issue with. i run them on 8.1 and xp just fine...
  5. Windows 10 update print problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 update print problems: I have questions that need to be answered by a live Microsoft agent. Thanks William C Franklin Phone 770-833-0292 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-print-problems/613433f5-e3d9-4574-89ba-ec0eb22d0c32
  6. Driver compatibility problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver compatibility problems: I think I have some kind of compatibility issue is what two experts have suggested and I'm not quite sure how to proceed. It's a new laptop and everything is working great. The only problem I have found is, while I'm worried it's something more universal, if I update sound or...
  7. Post Windows update problems.

Post Windows update problems.: I have a windows 10 hp laptop which had good performance in the beginning. But it is very disappointing and annoying to see new updates ready for installation because frankly speaking the only observable change post update is the reduced performance and drastically increased...
  8. Windows 10 and NT 4 Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and NT 4 Drivers: I have had a very recent traumatic episode with my laptop which required a total rebuild. As it came with Windows 10 Pro already installed I had no backup disk. I downloaded a a copy to a flash drive and am now back up and running. However, W10 no longer recognises my...
  9. Windows 10, compatibility mode, NT 4.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, compatibility mode, NT 4.0: Windows no longer has compatability mode for NT 4.0 I require this for an open gl game. Is there any work around? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/windows-10-compatibility-mode-nt-40/b2dfad24-9052-414b-ab79-a5eec7aac878
  10. windows 10 compatibility problem

windows 10 compatibility problem: NEED HELP. I CAN'T ABLE TO UPGRADE MY WINDOWS 10. I AM FACING THIS PROBLEM. TELL ME THE SOLUTION. HOW TO SOLVE. THANKS. "The computer started using the Windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epsons problem driver nt 4.0