Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 1709 64 bit performance issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 1709 64 bit performance issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have the new PC with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1709 installed. All the latest updates have been applied. After the computer starts, in about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pva, Nov 20, 2017.

1. PVA
    pva Win User

Windows 10 Pro 1709 64 bit performance issues

Hello,

I have the new PC with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1709 installed. All the latest updates have been applied.

After the computer starts, in about 50% of the times there are no problems, everything is working fine. But in another 50% I have serious performance issues, for instance:

The Start Button doesn't work (left click, right click is OK)
    Cannot open System
    Applications start slowly. Some programs like Word and Excel may not start at all (although they are running on the background)

This situation stays until I restart the PC. This happens with or without antivirus running. I don't see any unusual processes in the Task Manager.

I've tried to reinstall Windows couple times - it helps only temporarily. Restoring PC using the Restore point doesn't change anything.

What could be the problem and how to fix it? How can I troubleshoot the issue? I've tried to use the Process monitor, but it's too complicated for me, many processes I don't recognize.

It seems to me that this is some System issue, but I'm not sure.

Thank you.

:)

2. MattP777 Win User

XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

I am also having this issue since the Fall Creator's update.

Running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 1709.

MattP777, Nov 20, 2017
  3. gwfME Win User
    Why does an application work under Windows 10 Home, but not Pro?

It works under

Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.334)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 10 Home

It crashes during startup under

Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.334)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Windows 10 Pro

gwfME, Nov 20, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Try disabling hibernation and fastboot.

Run this from an admin command prompt

powercfg -h off

cereberus, Nov 20, 2017
  5. PVA
    pva Win User
    Thank you, didn't help. In fact, I couldn't even do this in the control panel as described in several articles. Couldn't find anything like fast boot or fast startup. Don't have it in BiOS either.

6. dmholt57 Win User
    It is found under System, Power and Sleep, Choose what closing the lid does, Change settings that are currently unavailable.

dmholt57, Nov 21, 2017
  7. PVA
    pva Win User
    Thank you, found it. It's all different on my PC, I didn't have it in System. From System I had to select Additional Power options, this brought me to the Control panel, I've found it there and unchecked (before I looked at exactly the same place - there was no such option). I'll see how if it worked, but I doubt it. It says there: "This helps start your PC faster after shutdown. Restart isn’t affected." I'm having problems with both. Just to get to the System I had to reinstall Windows again.

8. dmholt57 Win User

Differing hardware has shown to have problems with the 'Hybrid Shutdown' that is used in Fast Startup. Without knowing what hardware you have, we can only make guesses as to your problems. Listing your Operating System version, Home, Pro, Enterprise, model numbers for computer, routers, etc. in your System Specs in your profile will help find the answers you need. *Cool

dmholt57, Nov 21, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    The command powercfg -h off should turn off fast boot without needing to modify it via Control Panel.

Steve C, Nov 21, 2017
  10. PVA
    pva Win User
    Thanks, I did that too. No luck so far.

11. zinou Win User
    What you can do to troubleshoot that the right way and get answers to your problem is;

- Download and Install windows Performance Toolkit Windows ADK downloads - Windows Hardware Dev Center . Choose the package corresponding to your Windows version.

- Record a trace using Windows Performance Recorder using these options: Article not found While the issue occur, try to work on your system for about 2 minutes (opening programs, Explorer ...etc). Then click the save button and give your file a name.- Compress the resulting file

- Send me it through Free file transfer, send large files - TransferNow or any other file sharing platform.

I'll analyze your trace file and give you a feedback.

See you

zinou, Nov 21, 2017
  12. PVA
    pva Win User
    Thank you very much, I'll try next week, I'll be out of town for a few days.

13. PVA
    pva Win User

I didn't have a chance to run any tests yet, but this is what I've found out.

First, it seems that my problem with the Word and Excel has nothing to do with my Windows issue. I gave up on them for now and use the Open Office instead. The issue I have is actually very common with the Windows 10 Creator update, there are many posts about it but no universal solution. Different things work for different people.

It directly related to the shut down problem which I previously didn't pay attention to. When I shut down or restart my PC I get this message:

"Task Host Window
    Microsoft\Plug and Play\Device Install Reboot Required"

I have to click "Shut down anyway" to proceed.

This worked for me so far: With my previous PC I had an issue with the Ethernet adapter, so I ended up using Wi-Fi instead. Tried the same this time - disconnected Ethernet cable and plugged in the USB Wi-Fi adapter - and so far so good. No System or Start button problems, no shut down issues.

Some people fixed the same issue, for instance, by updating Logitech gaming software. I don't have one, so this doesn't apply to me.

Again, this is not the universal solution, and I hope it's temporary, so I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro 1709 64 bit performance issues - Similar Threads - Pro 1709 bit

2. windows 10 pro 64 bit no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 pro 64 bit no sound: turned computer on and no sound.. tried most of the obvious possible remedies,, nada... no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-64-bit-no-sound/924b0591-11c1-49ab-9602-45da1701e40d
  3. Windows 10 pro 64 bit not booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit not booting: I can't open, boot or reload Windows 10 to my computer. Since I don't have and OS anymore, telling me to use the Windows functions or downloading and app won't work. I need to be able to do something from the command prompt or the Asus Bios as this is all I have working. I...
  4. upgrade from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit

upgrade from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit: Need to upgrade my laptop windows from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-pro-64-bit-to-windows-10-64/1d42cd03-b607-4de5-9651-516a3cb14b18
  5. Windows PRO 10 32 bit to 64 Bit

Windows PRO 10 32 bit to 64 Bit: How do I update 32bit Windows 10 Pro on a 64bit system to 64bit OP Sys x 64bit Processor System? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pro-10-32-bit-to-64-bit/e10c32dc-cebb-4569-b469-8dd000e1935b
  6. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit: I have been using Clonezilla-live for years. It no longer works as both my computers are UEFI. What suggestions do you have that will not cost me a fortune to back up my computers. Thank for any help. 143195
  7. Performance issues : Excel 2016 64 bit with Windows 7 Vs. 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance issues : Excel 2016 64 bit with Windows 7 Vs. 10: Hello Team, We are facing some performance issues with Windows 10 with Excel 2016 64 bit. Our testers observed that the calculation in the excel application is taking much time when compared with Windows 10 vs. Windows 7 with same Excel Version and Application. Here are...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to 32 bit downgrade

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to 32 bit downgrade: There must be a step-by-step process to follow in order to move an existing OS from Win10 pro 64 bit to 32 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....
  9. windows 10 pro 64 bit software

windows 10 pro 64 bit software: HI I have my windows 10 pro key . I do not have the software any longer . I'm want to install it on a new pc with a new hard drive, Can you where i can download it . Can I get it for free or have to pay? thank you...
  10. Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Since, in my 2 laborious (!) years of experience with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) on the nicely-'appointed' desktop I built, it does not work as advertised, can I return it to MS and replace it Windows 7 Pro (64-bit which does work as advertised)? I thought I was being smart to...