Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro (1803) problem with strange characters in password field

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro (1803) problem with strange characters in password field in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, on a Dell Precision M2800 Notebook I have a strange problem. After a clean Windows 10 Pro (1803) installation from the MediaCreationTool USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Freddy68, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Freddy68 Win User

Windows 10 Pro (1803) problem with strange characters in password field

Hello,

on a Dell Precision M2800 Notebook I have a strange problem.

After a clean Windows 10 Pro (1803) installation from the MediaCreationTool USB (no lan or wan access) stick I have a problem with password fields (Login, Run As...) Sometimes I have strange characters in the field and not the character that I have pushed on the keyboard. The keyboard is working well.

Even with all updates (OS Build 17134.137) still the same behavior.

https://youtu.be/vKxbmj5oe0Q

https://youtu.be/1T4UBrA3dWk

There is no other language installed.

With Windows 10 Pro 1709 I don't had this problem.

Any ideas?

Thx !

:)

Freddy68, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Freddy68 Win User

Hello,

on a Dell Precision M2800 Notebook I have a strange problem.

After a clean Windows 10 Pro (1803) installation from the MediaCreationTool USB (no lan or wan access) stick I have a problem with password fields (Login, Run As...) Sometimes I have strange characters in the field and not the character that I have pushed
    on the keyboard. The keyboard is working well.

Even with all updates (OS Build 17134.137) still the same behavior.

There is no other language installed.

With Windows 10 Pro 1709 I don't had this problem.

Any ideas?

Thx !

Freddy68, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Pro (1803) problem with strange characters in password field

Hi Freddy68,

It could be possible that some system drivers needs updating, or it could also be the drivers for your hardware that needs to be updated as some of the possible factors that we can consider. As a suggestion, I recommend that you perform these following steps:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows button + I to open the
      Settings
      window.
    2. Next, click on Time & Language.
    3. On the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    4. Click on the language under the Language section.
    5. Click on the Options button.
    6. Look for the Keyboards section.
      • If what's added is the QWERTY keyboard layout, add an
        AZERTY keyboard layout
      • If what's added is the AZERTY keyboard layout, add a
        QWERTY layout
    7. Afterwards, check the keyboard layout that is used by opening the On-Screen keyboard.
      • Check if the issue is still happening when entering your password using the On-Screen keyboard.

Please don't hesitate to keep me posted on the results, for me to assist you further.

ErwinJames San, Oct 27, 2018
  4. tzuik Win User

Bitlocker inputs multiple characters in the password field

Hello, I have been using BitLocker for a long time now and in conjunction with Windows 10 for 3 months and today something weird happened. When I tried to insert my password at boot, when I pressed the Shift key in combination with any other key, it inserted tens of characters at once. Valid with any character I press while Shift is also pressed. I tried a different keyboard, same result. I removed Bitlocker and reinstalled it, same result. Reboots, etc. I tried it all.

Now the only way to input the password is to press Insert so I can see the characters, press CapsLock for the capital letters and delete all the additional 30+ characters that appear when shift is pressed.
    Has anyone come across such a thing? Is there a fix to it?

Windows 10 Pro (1803) problem with strange characters in password field [​IMG]

Thanks,

tzuik, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro (1803) problem with strange characters in password field - Similar Threads - Pro 1803 problem

2. Windows10 password field autofills with +++++++++ characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 password field autofills with +++++++++ characters: Hello. Since this morning impossible to login to my Windows10 desktop machine. The password field on the login screen auto-fills immediately with black dots for one account and with +++ characters for the second. Using another keyboard / mouse gives the same...
  3. Windows10 password field autofills with +++++++++ characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 password field autofills with +++++++++ characters: Hello. Since this morning impossible to login to my Windows10 desktop machine. The password field on the login screen auto-fills immediately with black dots for one account and with +++ characters for the second. Using another keyboard / mouse gives the same...
  4. Windows10 password field autofills with +++++++++ characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Characters change in password field on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Characters change in password field on lock screen: I have a unique issue that I have been living with for a long time, but am determined to resolve now. I am using Windows 10, and on the lock screen, since I built the computer, I have always had an issue with the password field changing my characters. I have tried with both...
  6. Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username: Hello, My organization has been having an issue for a few months now where a user will try to unlock their Windows 10 computer but no field populates to enter their password. Sometimes the username will appear, other times nothing will appear. On the lock screen you can...
  7. Windows 10 Pro 1803 network problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro 1803 network problems: When trying to access Windows 10 Pro 1803 files on another computer, I get this message. " Windows cannot access ||DESKTOP-------. Contact Network Administrator to gain access." I have tried. I need to know how to grant access, I am the only admin in this office. What...
  8. Password field not working on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password field not working on Surface Pro 4: Hello, team. Everytime I want to type in my password in a browser from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with all the updates (don't even try that 'suggestion', as the updates mostly ruined it), on tablet mode, they keyboard just fades away. As a workaround, I use the on screen...
  9. Bitlocker inputs multiple characters in the password field

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker inputs multiple characters in the password field: Hello, I have been using BitLocker for a long time now and in conjunction with Windows 10 for 3 months and today something weird happened. When I tried to insert my password at boot, when I pressed the Shift key in combination with any other key, it inserted tens of...
  10. Strange characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters: I see this quite often where strange characters replace, say an apostrophe. Here's an example taken from my Google calendar event: I had typed "Schnoodle's" in the event title. When I go to view it later here's what I see; well it wouldn't post the paste so will have to type...