Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Explorer.exe random crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Explorer.exe random crashes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So here's the deal, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I had been having a random issue in Windows 7 for years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sanzen07, Nov 20, 2017.

1. sanzen07 Win User

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Explorer.exe random crashes

So here's the deal, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I had been having a random issue in Windows 7 for years where explorer.exe would randomly crash and relaunch. I eventually gave up after trying anything and everything. System file checker, systematically removing installed programs, ran memtest86, even replacing some hardware at points. (Over the 5+ years since building the PC I have upgraded components, so the only original components since I originally built the machine and had the issue is the RAM, Mobo, CPU and PSU). I turned on crash dumps and tried analyzing those but nothing pointed to the issue. Nothing I tried seemed to stop the issue. So I lived with it begrudgingly.

After upgrading to Windows 10, it is STILL happening and it seems more frequent than before. Explorer will just shut down and relaunch. It usually happens when I am browsing through the file explorer but other than that I can't tell any pattern. I have turned on crash dumps and have attached 6 to this post (Crash has probably happened between 10-20 times total since installing Windows 10). There is a common theme through the dumps, it's always crashing with Code: user32!UserCallWinProcCheckWow[/quote] at the top of the stack but I'm not sure where to go with that. I'm not inclined to think this is a hardware issue as I would suspect a hardware issue (like bad RAM) would be a bit more random and cause other applications than explorer.exe to crash as well, but nothing other than explorer.exe has crashed. I really want to get to the bottom of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

sanzen07, Nov 20, 2017
  2. Jadefox02 Win User

Explorer.exe / Start Menu Freezing/Crashing/Restarting

I've been having constant issues with explorer.exe crashing/restarting. My start menu just freezes and nothing responds. However if I click like a madman enough it restarts automatically, sometimes I have to restart explorer.exe from task manager. Any
    ideas? Google has come up useless. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I use Avast Anti-Virus and a couple of other apps on start-up. Happens on both my laptop and desktop computers.

Jadefox02, Nov 20, 2017
  3. The font on windows 10 pro 64 bit is not english. It's just X's and Rectangles and stuff. I can't see a thing.

Hello. My computer is windows 10 pro 64 bit. On the clock, control panel, and file explorer, the text is random characters. It's now just not english AT ALL.

Jeffrey Zhang (zhaje01), Nov 20, 2017
  4. sanzen07 Win User

Bumping in hopes someone can help me out still.

sanzen07, Nov 21, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, it sounds as if this doesn't happen frequently or reproducibly, which makes diagnosis hard.

My simplistic approach would be:
    a. Does it happen in Safe Mode?
    b. Does it happen after a clean boot?
    c. Disable all non-MS shell extensions using e.g.
    Shellexview, Shellmenuview and if any are still left, Autoruns.

Note: thread bumping is specifically prohibited in forum rules.

dalchina, Nov 21, 2017
  6. sanzen07 Win User
    Oops, sorry about that. Anyway, I haven't had it happen in safe mode but I haven't run safe mode long enough to find out. It's hard since it's so random. It happens after a clean boot. I have tried disabling non-MS shell extensions and that did not fix the issue either.

sanzen07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Explorer.exe random crashes - Similar Threads - Pro bit Explorer

2. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / File Explorer Crash Windows Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / File Explorer Crash Windows Fresh Install: Crashdump folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApeZktLG-YD8kCq_4jsBqQQ8Oscv?e=dmCfRb Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.19041.662 Application...
  3. Windows 10 pro 64 bits freeze randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pro 64 bits freeze randomly: Hi there, first of all I want to apologize, my english isnt very good. About 2 months ago my pc is been freezing randomly, it happens when I am playing or watching a video, some days happen, some days dont. Until now it has never happend in other moment. I cant move the...
  4. Windows PRO 10 32 bit to 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows PRO 10 32 bit to 64 Bit: How do I update 32bit Windows 10 Pro on a 64bit system to 64bit OP Sys x 64bit Processor System? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pro-10-32-bit-to-64-bit/e10c32dc-cebb-4569-b469-8dd000e1935b
  5. Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Hard Freezes Randomly

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Hard Freezes Randomly: I've been dealing with random hard freezes with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit builds since 2016. I don't have this issue with Windows 7 Pro 64bit and I'm using identical hardware. Virtually nothing has changed hardware wise between Windows 7 and Windows 10. This is a custom built...
  6. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit: I have been using Clonezilla-live for years. It no longer works as both my computers are UEFI. What suggestions do you have that will not cost me a fortune to back up my computers. Thank for any help. 143195
  7. File Explorer Freezes - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer Freezes - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit: Team, I have update all Windows Updates and Norton Internet Security. Every now and then its getting hand. I have am not able to access most of the folders. I already tried SFC & DISM Option uninstalled few updates and reinstalled updates and all are uptodate....
  8. Windows 10 Randomly Freezes 64-bit

Windows 10 Randomly Freezes 64-bit: Just within the last couple of weeks, my Windows 10 desktop has started randomly freezing up. I have run Norton deep scan, Malwarebytes and Windows Defender and nothing was found. I also ran a Defrag, along with Memory Test(no errors) and Check Disk(no errors), so I am...
  9. 32 or 64-bit exe-file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    32 or 64-bit exe-file?: There are two questions: first - how can I find out which version the application is? I mean 64 or 32-bit version. There is the simple command "file" in UNIX/Linux, does Windows have something similar? Thanks. Second - I've bought the computer with Win10 which already was...
  10. Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Random Freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Random Freezing: Hello I recently updated my desktop PC to Windows 10 Pro. My setup has Windows 10 on a 480 GB SSD with 2 secondary drives. My system experiences periodic freezing it was much worse before I updated the system through windows update. The system freezes and I get the blue...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 64 bit explorer freezes