Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit option for installing another os

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 64 bit option for installing another os in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know that windows 10 Pro 64 bit has an option on it that allows one to install another operating system. It is sort of like Oracle' virtual box.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lou Reed, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Lou Reed Win User

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit option for installing another os

I know that windows 10 Pro 64 bit has an option on it that allows one to install another operating system. It is sort of like Oracle' virtual box. Where can I find instructions on it; specifically how to use it?

Any help appreciated. Thanks inn advance.

Respectfully,

:)

Lou Reed, Nov 10, 2017

2. Can I upgrade my Windows 10 Home 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit using the free ISO file that got from Microsoft?

Recently, I bought a MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G Dragon-070 and it has a Windows 10 Home 64 bit as its pre-installed OS. I got a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ISO file for free because, not too long ago, I upgraded my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.
    My question for everyone is can I use the same ISO file to upgrade my MSI GT72S Dragon Edition's OS (Windows 10 Home 64 bit) to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit?

If it does should I install the Windows 10 Pro 64 bit directly and change the pre-installed OS from Home to Pro? or should I make a separate partition?

As for the partition making, can you give me a link or some important guidelines on how to make another partition (double boot)?

JK Tangpuz, Nov 10, 2017
  3. windows 10 upgrade

I am using Dell laptop xps.last month I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 pro (64 bit) from windows 8.1 pro.

after some time I have replaced my hard disk due to some hard disk issue. then the service person installed the window 8.1 pro(32 bit) and upgrades to windows 10 pro(32 bit).but my machine is built with 64 bit processor.

now I want to install the window 10 pro (64 bit).How can I convert the 32 bit OS to 64 bit OS ? Guide me.

K RGovindaraju, Nov 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Nov 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit option for installing another os - Similar Threads - Pro bit option

2. Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?: Ok so I did a fresh install of a 64 bit windows 10 OS on my new Samsung Pro SSD hard drive. My computer is a Dell desktop 8900 64 bit system. I have confirmed all this in the "About PC" but when I try and install any 64 bit software I get the attached error. Any ideas what...
  3. Long pathname support on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long pathname support on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS: I submitted this issue: I want to open and save files with long paths with Office 365 Word and Windows 10 v 2400 Pro 64+bit computer. Does Windows 10 pro support long file names? I've change LongPathsEnabled to true, I've verified the change with RegEdit and rebooted. But...
  4. Long pathname support on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long pathname support on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS: I need to open and save to long pathnames on my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS using Word from Office 365. I have enabled LongPaths Enabled using the Group Policy Editor and checked the change using Regedit. I have rebooted my system but long pathnames still don't work. What do I...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit: I have been using Clonezilla-live for years. It no longer works as both my computers are UEFI. What suggestions do you have that will not cost me a fortune to back up my computers. Thank for any help. 143195
  6. How to install 64 bit OS in my windows 10 pro 32 bit PC????

How to install 64 bit OS in my windows 10 pro 32 bit PC????: My desktop has 32 bit windows 10 pro OS installed..... I wish to upgrade my windows 10 32 bit OS to 64 bit OS.... Because, my desktop has 6 GB ram.... Also, I need all my personal files..... Why should I do???? Please explain in detail.......
  7. New install Windows 10 pro 64-bit

New install Windows 10 pro 64-bit: I am installing the above in a rebuilt ASUS A53E-A51 Laptop with a new Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSHD-2.5" SATA 6GB/s Flash storage device. I booted up, got the installation going for a clean install, entered my new key code, had it confirmed. I'm now at the screen: "Where do...
  8. Windows 64 bit OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 64 bit OS: Running Windows 10 Pro on an Asus notebook. System information shows the system as a 64 bit OS with an x64-based processor. However, when I open the CMD prompt the system is shown as C:\WINDOWS\system32 On drive C: > WINDOWS there is a folder System32 I upgraded from...
  9. Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit with a 64-bit based processor

Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit with a 64-bit based processor: How can I change my Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit as I've a 64-bit based processor? I tried downloading the Windows 10 64-bit OS from the microsoft site like an ISO file and tried running it, but it says that this pc can't run that software where Windows 10 32-bit was...
  10. Switch from a 32-bit OS to 64-bit OS on Windows 10

Switch from a 32-bit OS to 64-bit OS on Windows 10: I am running a 32 bit Windows 10 OS. I was looking around and noticed that my PC has an x64-based processor. Everything I have looked at so far tells me that I can run the 64 bit OS on this PC. If I was to reload Windows 10 with the 64-bit OS from an ISO disk, are there...