Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - sleep and display problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - sleep and display problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After clean installing Windows 10 I came across two irritations. Irritation 1:- When my desktop awakes from sleep, it doesn't see my Seagate External... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eccythump, Oct 23, 2015.

1. eccythump Win User

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - sleep and display problems

After clean installing Windows 10 I came across two irritations.
    Irritation 1:- When my desktop awakes from sleep, it doesn't see my Seagate External drive but does see my Iomega and WD external drives! If I restart or reboot it sees them all! No exclamation marks in Device Manager.
    Irritation 2 :- My eyesight is not as good as it was and I set the display to 125% but when the desktop goes into sleep mode it defaults back to 100% when it wakes up! I can right click on the display, choose Display and choose 125% again and it tells me I will need to login. I agree, The login screen appears. I login and the screen is correct to 125% again - until it goes to sleep again!
    Has anyone any ideas as to how I can correct these two irritations?
    I might also add that a square black screen appears over my widescreen Gigabyte bootscreen. It happens after the single beep from the mobo! It then boots up as normal. See images...................
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - sleep and display problems [​IMG]

:)

eccythump, Oct 23, 2015
  2. RWPhilips Win User

Desktop will not go to sleep using Win 10

I have a desktop that used to run Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit that I updated to Win 10 Pro 64 bit. The computer never had a problem going to sleep, it was set to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity. After the update, the setting is still there but the computer
    never goes to sleep.

The screen saver comes on correctly so I assume the timers are working.

RWPhilips, Oct 23, 2015
  3. TRONPC7 Win User
    When display identified as 1 is set as main display, display 2 acts as main for most apps.

it's been this way for more than a month.

no update that I know of started it.

all drivers installed and up to date

Windows 10 pro 64 bit version 1607

wake windows up from sleep, have to turn on monitor 2 to sign in. Sign in, monitor 1 has all the main display features...

TRONPC7, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

For irritation1 , this is likely to do with the power management settings for the disk drive or the USB port. Try looking at the parameters for the other drives and compare the settings. Also see if it behaves differently when plugged into a different USB port. May help narrow it down further.

Kanata, Oct 24, 2015
  5. eccythump Win User
    Hi Kanata,
    Greetings from the UK!
    Thanks for your comment. I am attaching a print screen of my Disk Management details. Can you explain what you suggest I look for and where I will find it please.
    Cheers.

eccythump, Oct 24, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    So first try a different physical USB port to see if it's a port issue or the drive. Chances are it's the port. Open Device Manager and find out which USB entry under 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' ties up with your drive (connect and reconnect to find out), then right-click on that entry and access the properties and see if there is a Power Management tab with options you can change.

Kanata, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - sleep and display problems - Similar Threads - Pro bit sleep

2. Windows 10 Pro 32bit to 64 bit upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 32bit to 64 bit upgrade problem: I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro 32 bit to windows 10 64 bit but it change to Windows 10 home single language. I performed a clean install using windows 10 bootable device. My Pro changed to Home single language. The Windows 10 pro was digitally license activated....
  3. upgrade from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit

upgrade from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit: Need to upgrade my laptop windows from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-pro-64-bit-to-windows-10-64/1d42cd03-b607-4de5-9651-516a3cb14b18
  4. Windows PRO 10 32 bit to 64 Bit

Windows PRO 10 32 bit to 64 Bit: How do I update 32bit Windows 10 Pro on a 64bit system to 64bit OP Sys x 64bit Processor System? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pro-10-32-bit-to-64-bit/e10c32dc-cebb-4569-b469-8dd000e1935b
  5. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit: I have been using Clonezilla-live for years. It no longer works as both my computers are UEFI. What suggestions do you have that will not cost me a fortune to back up my computers. Thank for any help. 143195
  6. Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Activation Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Activation Problem: I have been using a laptop for about 2 years.From where I bought the laptop ,they might use software for activating windows and I attached my microsoft account after purchasing laptop.Recently I bought an OEM key from a renowned online store(don't want to reveal the name)...
  7. Windows 10 pro 64 bit activation problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit activation problem: Hello! A few days ago I bought a laptop and put the official Windows on it. However, the laptop was defective at the factory and replaced with another one containing other hardware. So I couldn't activate Windows anymore....
  8. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to 32 bit downgrade

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to 32 bit downgrade: There must be a step-by-step process to follow in order to move an existing OS from Win10 pro 64 bit to 32 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....
  9. windows 10 pro 64 bit software

windows 10 pro 64 bit software: HI I have my windows 10 pro key . I do not have the software any longer . I'm want to install it on a new pc with a new hard drive, Can you where i can download it . Can I get it for free or have to pay? thank you...
  10. Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Since, in my 2 laborious (!) years of experience with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) on the nicely-'appointed' desktop I built, it does not work as advertised, can I return it to MS and replace it Windows 7 Pro (64-bit which does work as advertised)? I thought I was being smart to...