Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Activation

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Wasn't Windows 10 supposed to be free or something? I did a clean install of the Pro version and now it is asking me to activate. When I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by manuk, Aug 2, 2015.

1. manuk Win User

Windows 10 Pro Activation

Wasn't Windows 10 supposed to be free or something? I did a clean install of the Pro version and now it is asking me to activate. When I click Activation under Settings, I get Error code: 0xC004C003, now its asking me to change the product key.

What do I do now?

Weird thing is it says that I'm using a key whereas I never did enter one.

Windows 10 Pro Activation [​IMG]

:)

manuk, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows no longer active it says windows not activated.

Windows 10 pro of my laptop is no longer active it says windows not activated.

Original title: Windows 10 Pro

windows 10 pro of my laptop is no longer active,how can i activate i had upgraded from windows 8 pro.

victoriamachocho, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Activation with win 7 key

Dear Team,

I have the laptop with win 7 pro activated OEM. unfortunately i have cleaned windows 7 pro and installed windows 10 pro freshly. Now iam not able to activate windows 10 pro. So how can i activate windows 10 pro.

Note: is there any chance to activate windows 10 pro with windows 7 key

LakshmiSekhar, Aug 2, 2015
  4. richc46 Win User

You must do an upgrade install at first. That is how MS recognizes that you own a qualifying version of Windows

richc46, Aug 2, 2015
  5. manuk Win User
    So now I reinstall Windows 7 and then upgrade to 10???

manuk, Aug 2, 2015
  6. richc46 Win User
    This is the first time for everyone. As far as I know, you must install windows 7, SP1,( or upgrade to SP1 from 7) and then do an upgrade install.
    You can try to download magic jellybean and get your key that was used to activate 7 and hope for the best.
    And yes, it is free, for those that have 7 or 8. You have not given MS any way of knowing this since you initially cleaned installed. If you upgraded, they would know and then you could clean install.

richc46, Aug 2, 2015
  7. racer Win User
    select the windows 10 pro if you use a dvd/cd drive after install as for retail (as for clean install). If you select windows 10 Pro N(upgrade) you might have problems to activate windows 10, ( no need to write the key when windows ask for it. it will activate automatic.

racer, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

No. Windows 10 is not free. You can UPGRADE to windows 10 for free. This means performing an upgrade install from Windows 7/8.x to 10 (keeping everything) the first time. After you have upgraded, you can clean install. Yes, it's annoying, but it's free so complaining because you have some extra hoops to jump though is pointless.

It's widely misunderstood that you a get a free license of Windows 10. You don't, you can upgrade your existing Windows 7 or 8.x license to 10 (it's the same license, just upgraded to allow you to also run 10).

Mystere, Aug 2, 2015
  9. racer Win User
    yes you`r right about that, i ment if you had a payd retail win7 ultimat or pro, then you have to download (after activate from windows 7 to windows 10 ). Win 10 PRO and NOT win 10 N! then you will have problems to activate if you install whit win 10N( is for people that dont have a dvd/cd drive...! that is important to know!

racer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Activation - Similar Threads - Pro Activation

2. Windows 8 pro activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 pro activation: So Lately I boot my old pc to see something and i keep getting the notification to activate the windows with product key and i cannot upgrade it to win 10 or do anything cause of that limitation. I don't know where the key is after all these years so what should i do? TIA...
  3. Windows 8 pro activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 pro activation: So Lately I boot my old pc to see something and i keep getting the notification to activate the windows with product key and i cannot upgrade it to win 10 or do anything cause of that limitation. I don't know where the key is after all these years so what should i do? TIA...
  4. windows 11 Pro Box activation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Pro Box activation problem: I have a problem with the activation of windows 11 pro BOX version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-box-activation-problem/d2bdc854-aad1-43cf-87d9-3dff99fc1942
  5. windows 11 Pro Box activation problem

windows 11 Pro Box activation problem: I have a problem with the activation of windows 11 pro BOX version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-box-activation-problem/d2bdc854-aad1-43cf-87d9-3dff99fc1942
  6. Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...: Hello,I've had the worst time trying to activate Windows 11. I upgraded from Windows 10 Education to Windows 11 Education. I didn't have the Windows Education key anymore so I bought a Windows 11 Home key. It turns out you can't use a Windows 11 Home key to activate a Windows...
  7. Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...

Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...: Hello,I've had the worst time trying to activate Windows 11. I upgraded from Windows 10 Education to Windows 11 Education. I didn't have the Windows Education key anymore so I bought a Windows 11 Home key. It turns out you can't use a Windows 11 Home key to activate a Windows...
  8. Using Windows 11 Pro Key to Activate Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Windows 11 Pro Key to Activate Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit: Hello. I recently started work with a company that builds and services computer systems used in flight simulation. We are a small business less than 5 employees so I am not sure if any of the Volume Licensing programs would be open to us. Onto the issue at hand. Many of the...
  9. Using Windows 11 Pro Key to Activate Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit

Using Windows 11 Pro Key to Activate Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit: Hello. I recently started work with a company that builds and services computer systems used in flight simulation. We are a small business less than 5 employees so I am not sure if any of the Volume Licensing programs would be open to us. Onto the issue at hand. Many of the...
  10. Using Windows 11 Pro Key to Activate Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation