Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro activatoin clarification

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro activatoin clarification in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I have been using the insider preview of 10 Enterprise for a while now. Later I learned I can't keep using it after the final release so I decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dotson83, Aug 8, 2015.

1. dotson83 Win User

Windows 10 Pro activatoin clarification

So, I have been using the insider preview of 10 Enterprise for a while now. Later I learned I can't keep using it after the final release so I decided to downgrade to pro. I installed pro from an ISO and skipped the part that asked for a key after trying several times to use a windows 7 pro key and it didn't work. Once I installed I enabled preview builds and restarted. Now if I check the activation it says windows is not activated. Is this normal? If it isn't normal how to I activate? I never really paid attention when I used the enterprise edition.

Thanks for the help!

:)

dotson83, Aug 8, 2015

2. product key

I received this two Error code:0xc03f6506,0x803f7001 when Activatoin windows.

RAminghaffary bannaey, Aug 8, 2015
  3. product key

I received this two Error code:0xc03f6506,0x803f7001 when Activatoin windows.

RAminghaffary bannaey, Aug 8, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

1 I assume that you did an upgrade to WIn10 first
    2 You really shouldn't have entered any key when you did the clean install.
    3 The issue could be due to you using Enterprise and trying to install Pro. There could be a mix up.,

Suggestion, Reinstall 7Pro, activate and use the ISO to upgrade.. that should work.

HTH

BunnyJ, Aug 8, 2015
  5. dotson83 Win User
    No, I actually just did a clean install of the "Technical Preview" not long after it started. I was under the impression that if you use the preview builds you were not required to have a key from any other windows release. Is this wrong? I would hate to wipe and reinstall but I will if I have to.

dotson83, Aug 8, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    1. Were you using Enterprise and tried to install Pro over that with a clean install using the ISO? If so I suspect there is an issue with a cross between the products. Not totally sure since I have just used pro the entire time.

You can check the forums and there are suggested ways to activate but right at this moment I can't find them. The last option you have is to reinstall 7 and do the upgrade with the ISO.. yes it's a pain but it's likely the best route if all else fails. Make sure 7 is activated first before you upgrade.

Then after the upgrade you can do a clean install of 10 Pro.

HTH

BunnyJ, Aug 8, 2015
  7. dotson83 Win User
    One last question. I'm building another computer this weekend and planned on putting windows 10 on it and using the preview builds so I don't have to have a key (I don't want to buy one since it wont be used much). If I do a clean install of windows 10 and then enable the preview builds will I need a key?

dotson83, Aug 8, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I would think not but the preview activation servers are down for now.. and I don't know when they will be up again. I would just give it a try and see what occurs.

HTH

BunnyJ, Aug 8, 2015
  9. bobkn Win User
    Activation of the preview builds was suspended in the weeks before 29 July. I don't know whether they have resumed.

You may as well go with 10240. You may be able to set it as part of the Insider program, which would keep it activated past October.

As far as I know, there are 4 ways to legitimately run 10 for an unlimited time: Insider, upgrade over an activated qualifying OS, retail, and OEM. (The last may not be authorized, but the EULA is not enforced.)

bobkn, Aug 8, 2015
  10. dotson83 Win User
    Thank you! So it sounds like I should be good to go as long as preview builds are in use or I upgrade from Windows 7 or 8. Good to know!

dotson83, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro activatoin clarification - Similar Threads - Pro activatoin clarification

2. Windows 10 Activatoin Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activatoin Problem: It says: "We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisation's server. Make sure that you're connected to your organisation's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organisation's support...
  3. Windows 10 Activatoin Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activatoin Problem: It says: "We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisation's server. Make sure that you're connected to your organisation's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organisation's support...
  4. Windows 10 Activatoin Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...: Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this version inteded to? Or OEM just means that you can only install it on one computer and it will be bind to it...?...
  6. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...: Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this version inteded to? Or OEM just means that you can only install it on one computer and it will be bind to it...?...
  7. Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence.

Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence.: Hi, This is a follow on question from a post I made yesterday concerning issues with transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital licence. I'm hoping to get clarification on the true state of my licence. In 2009 I bought a retail copy of Windows 7 for a new build PC. I still...
  8. Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification

Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification: I need to understand what restrictions apply to an OEM license on a purchased computer. I can see that it is for one computer only and locked to the motherboard or a computer configuration. What kinds of changes to the system would or would not invalidate the OEM license?...
  9. Clarification of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro upgrade activations

Clarification of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro upgrade activations: I work in the IT department for a local government. During the initial release of Windows 10, we upgraded as many PC’s as we could during the one year free period. We still had a number of PC’s that could not be upgraded at the time due to software compatibility issues....
  10. Windows 10 Clarification

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clarification: Hi , Could someone just help me i`m i bit confused 1...I have got the upgrade icon and have done whats needed to up from 7 to 10 ,will i get (or be able to download) a hard copy of my OS for future use 2... I have also got build 10130 on my desktop will that upgraded to...