Windows 10: Windows 10 pro cannot apply local account password from group policy (Win2008R2)

Discus and support Windows 10 pro cannot apply local account password from group policy (Win2008R2) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 client machine can create local account from group policy but not password?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by abc123tttaaaabc123tttaaa, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 pro cannot apply local account password from group policy (Win2008R2)

Windows 10 client machine can create local account from group policy but not password?

:)

abc123tttaaaabc123tttaaa, Jul 24, 2018

2. Applying group policy settings on standalone Windows 10 PC

I am creating a user account for my daughter and want to restrict access for that account to various tools / programs. I have created a group policy for non-administrators using mmc / group policy object, and have set the 'Prohibit access to Control Panel
    and PC settings' within that group to enabled. However, my daughters account still has access to the control panel and settings app, so the group policy is obviously not being applied.

I am using Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate), am logged in as the only administrator account, and my computer is a standalone PC not part of a domain.

I would be very grateful for any help in getting the local group policy to apply.

Many thanks in advance

DannyR_813, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Local Group Policy: Windows 10 Pro is not applying settings for Windows Update

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this problem:

Yesterday I copied the Local Group Policy settings from another PC with Windows 10 Pro (x64).

I did this by copying the folder 'Machine' from within C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy to another PC with same OS (x64).

I did this a couple of times before and my experience is, it worked everytime. Up until now.

I tried to refresh the Local Group Policy settings by:

• Starting elevated CMD
    • Using 'gpupdate \force'
    • Rebooting
    • Login.
    When I check settings for Windows Update in Start > Settings , it does not tell me that 'some settings are managed by my organization'.

Strange.

How can I force Windows to use these policy settings?

If I look at gpedit.msc > Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update, the settings are there. Yet, it does not apply those settings to the computer. I have waited 10 hours now.

What´s wrong?

PS: The PC is not in a domain. Windows 10 pro cannot apply local account password from group policy (Win2008R2) ;)

Appreciate any help you can give me.

Kind regards,

Richard

RichardJPostma, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Windows 10 pro cannot apply local account password from group policy (Win2008R2)

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 pro cannot apply local account password from group policy (Win2008R2)

1. Windows 10 pro cannot apply local account password from group policy (Win2008R2) - Similar Threads - pro cannot apply

2. Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com: User folder redirection group policy has worked seamlessly for several years. All of the sudden, new users aren’t getting folder redirection.Windows Server 2019. Hybrid with 365. When creating a user, the users are created with the email rather than .local. This is standard....
  3. Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com: User folder redirection group policy has worked seamlessly for several years. All of the sudden, new users aren’t getting folder redirection.Windows Server 2019. Hybrid with 365. When creating a user, the users are created with the email rather than .local. This is standard....
  4. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  5. How to apply Local Group Policy to specific users in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to apply Local Group Policy to specific users in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Settings app and Control Panel are the two go-to destinations for Windows customizations […] This article How to apply Local Group Policy to specific users in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10 Home: Hi I know this is not available in Win10 Home edition. I am running an Intel Stick PC with Win10 Home installed. It will only be running a RDP Session under a user account. But Support will be remote and we need Full Admin access to make changes Etc. GPedit.msc is...
  7. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...
  8. Apply Local Group Policy to Specific User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Local Group Policy to Specific User in Windows 10: How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Specific User in Windows 10 How to Apply Local Group Policies to Specific User in Windows 10 The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user interface through...
  9. Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10: How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 How to Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user...
  10. Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10: How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10 How to Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single...