Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro can't access user account

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro can't access user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I hope someone can help, I booted up my PC today and it won't complete the log in process, I get to the log in, enter my password, hit enter and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jih64, Nov 22, 2016.

1. jih64 Win User

Windows 10 Pro can't access user account

Hello, I hope someone can help, I booted up my PC today and it won't complete the log in process, I get to the log in, enter my password, hit enter and it just sits there with my user name and welcome with the little dots spinning around.

I have 3 other unused accounts on the PC from back in the Windows 7 days that have never been logged into, so I tried one of them and it worked fine and went through setting up the user account. All user accounts are Administrator. But I just can't access my main account. Using one of the other means that I will have to go through all the settings for my apps again and reactivating them it appears, some stuff only allows a minimum amount of activation, I really don't want to have to go down that path, this is a DAW only machine used for music production with a lot of software and literally thousands of plugins, quite possibly a lot of work if the majority require reactivating and setting up.

I do have a recent backup image with Acronis, whether or not that will work once I try to restore it who knows. But if it was possible to gain access to my login would be much prefered, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This did not occur after a Windows update or anything, I have kept my PC on version 1511 of Windows 10

Thank You

[Edit] I have gone through and done chkdsk on all drives and all appears ok

:)

jih64, Nov 22, 2016

2. How to create new user account that mirrors an existing user account

I want to create a new user account that mirrors an existing user account in Windows 10 Pro. The new user account would have same access as the mirrored account.

DanielKettler, Nov 22, 2016
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Making a work and personal account in Win 10

Hi,

It has been a design that a local account can't access files/programs from an administrator account if the second set as a local user. Regarding the hard driver accessibility, we'd like to ask the following:

• Are you referring that you can't see the hard drive from the second account or you can see it but can't access it?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What edition of Windows 10 do you have, Home, Pro, or Enterprise?

We look forward to your reply.

Erika Aro, Nov 22, 2016
  4. jih64 Win User

[Update] After leaving it spinning away for a while, 5 or 10 minutes I came back and it was at my desktop, unfortunately there seems to be quite a lot of issues.

jih64, Nov 22, 2016
  5. jih64 Win User
    Just an update, restored my Acronis backup, 7 days old, all is well and working fine, just had to install a couple of programs that were installed prior to the backup. No data loss as everything else is stored on other drives. All's well that ends well *Smile

jih64, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro can't access user account - Similar Threads - Pro can't access

2. Can't access user account on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't access user account on Windows 10: I set up an account for my wife to use my computer ages ago, using her outlook.com login, but she never tried to use it. Now she does wish to use it, but her account name does not appear in the start menu. As administrator, I can see her account under the...
  3. Can't access game user account after reinstalling windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't access game user account after reinstalling windows: Hi, I had downloaded a game from Microsoft Store - War and Magic. It was bound to my Microsoft Store account and automatically saved the game's progress. I reinstalled Windows preserving system files and downloaded the game from Microsoft Store again. Microsoft Store...
  4. guest user accounts in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    guest user accounts in windows 10 pro: can guest user accounts be set up in Windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-user-accounts-in-windows-10-pro/de08288a-f94d-4ecd-a889-6218b96bab6c
  5. Accessing User accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accessing User accounts: Where can I access and switch between users on my Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-user-accounts/280f1b96-13f3-4a18-94e5-85872de42a99
  6. can't access my local user account

can't access my local user account: I'm not good with English so bear with me. So recently my antivirus that came with my laptop expired and a blue screen came up telling me to either renew it or okay, i clicked okay and then it took me back to my desktop andall my programs and files was lost, only a clean...
  7. Can't access User Account Control (Win 10 Home)

Can't access User Account Control (Win 10 Home): 1. I was not able to download a software to the Program Files folder because access was denied due to "You don’t have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission..." (I could download to a folder whose name is the same as the username...
  8. Windows 10 Pro User Account Control

Windows 10 Pro User Account Control: I forgot my admin password! Can someone please help me?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-user-account-control/b6c232e2-61d6-4e4e-a3a2-7c555be62e48
  9. Access user accounts

Access user accounts: I have forgotten an administrator account password and am not even able to get past the "user accounts" in Control Panel" without it. I don't log on to Windows with this account anyway! 26680
  10. Users account access

Users account access: Hi I wanted to delete stuff from my ext hard drive but kept saying I didn't have access as I wasn't an administrator I am only one using this system but when I saw the list in security settings there seem to be about 3 unknown users. Is it ok to delete them without messing...