Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro clean installation on SSD stops at settings step

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro clean installation on SSD stops at settings step in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I followed steps for installation on SSD with UEFI Everything went well until the first restart after installation files reached 100% When screen came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Archquark, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Archquark Win User

Windows 10 Pro clean installation on SSD stops at settings step

I followed steps for installation on SSD with UEFI Everything went well until the first restart after installation files reached 100% When screen came back it was back to original Install now screen.

I had disabled secure boot in firmware as suggested. SSD is the only drive attached at present. Should I attempt a reinstallation or are there other steps I should pursue first.

I am using a retail licensed Windows 10 Pro version installed on USB using Microsoft creation media.

Dell 8700 XPS
    i7 4790 processor at 3.40 Ghz
    16GB memory
    2 TB HDD Windows 8.1 installed presently not connected
    Kingston HyperX 120GB

:)

Archquark, Aug 25, 2015
  2. EddyChoy Win User

Downloaded a Windows 10 pro 64 bit but turn to a 32 bit Windows 10, Why?

My Window 10 pro 64 bit was upgraded from Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit.

But I would like to clean re-install the Windows 10 pro 64 bit to a new SSD drive.

After I downloaded iso file from Microsoft and try set up to date.

Despite sovled the problem of a bug of Multiprocessor_configuration_not _supported problem. And installed the Windows 10 using quick install option.

The Windows turn to a 32 bit Windows 10 and not a pro version.

What did i missed in the steps?

And how can I fix this problem?

EddyChoy, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pro Version 1511,10586 won't install

Windows 10 Pro Version 1511,10586 won't install. It downloads, but gets to 25% of install and stops and states it won't install. Gives me a pop up to fix issues. I do and still won't install.

I've cleaned the disk, emptied trash, rebooted. Nada.

System is MSI Board 64 AMD, 500 gig SSD, and 1TB doc drive. Only programs and the operating system run off the SSD.

Bob Callard, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Archquark Win User

Brink replied with answer which fixed my problem so this thread is solved

Archquark, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro clean installation on SSD stops at settings step - Similar Threads - Pro clean installation

2. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.: Unable to boot, getting the following error message from startup repair;Startup repair Log File: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Tried to use all other methods found, none have worked....
  3. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.: Unable to boot, getting the following error message from startup repair;Startup repair Log File: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Tried to use all other methods found, none have worked....
  4. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Installation Step by Step

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation Step by Step: This DiscussionBog can Provide you all detailed info about Windows 10 Installation Step by Step at one Place https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installation-step-by-step/fbc07d5c-13f9-435f-bda7-abb325aa3b3d
  6. Clean Install of Windows 10 on SSD

Clean Install of Windows 10 on SSD: I've got a clunky 1TB HDD that's just about to fall over. I want to buy a 1TB SSD and rather than transfer everything over from the HDD, I want to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on the SDD. How easy is this and how do I go about it?...
  7. W10 Clean Install - Detailed Steps

W10 Clean Install - Detailed Steps: Hello All, At long long last I have the time to switch my desktop from W7 to W10. Am posting a list of what I think are the detailed actions I will have to take for a clean W10 install. Would be great if everyone can have a quick look at my list and post if I have missed...
  8. W10 Clean Instal - Detailed Steps

W10 Clean Instal - Detailed Steps: Hello All, At long long last I have the time to switch my desktop from W7 to W10. Am posting a list of what I think are the detailed actions I will have to take for a clean W10 install. Would be great if everyone can have a quick look at my list and post if I have missed...
  9. New SSD clean Install Win 10 Pro 64bit

New SSD clean Install Win 10 Pro 64bit: Hi Everybody, In about 2-3 weeks I will get a new SSD Samsung 850 EVO Basic MZ-75E2T0 2TB to replace my too small SSD of the same brand. I am running Win 10 Pro 64-bit fully licensed and I have all the keys like Product ID, Installed Key, Original Key, Original Edition...
  10. Windows 10 Pro N - Clean Install to SSD

Windows 10 Pro N - Clean Install to SSD: I'm installing a SSD on my computer and want to start off with a fresh copy of Windows 10. My current OS is Windows 10 Pro N. I'm guessing Microsoft wants my new install to be the N version as well. I downloaded an iso of Windows 10 Pro N and want to put in on a USB...