Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro clean installation

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro clean installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. I downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creations Tool. When choosing 'Create installation media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Antaflu, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Antaflu Win User

Windows 10 Pro clean installation

Hi,

I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. I downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creations Tool. When choosing 'Create installation media for another PC' it doesn't give me the option to choose the Windows 10 Pro edition. It just says 'Windows 10'. I downloaded it and tried a clean install from an USB stick, but it automatically installed Windows 10 Home and didn't come up (during the setup) with a window to let me enter my Windows 10 Pro product key... Any idea?

Thx.

:)

Antaflu, Nov 27, 2015
  2. CharlieWS Win User

Windows 10 clean install

If you have a Windows 10 Home running on your hard disc, then do a clean install using the Windows 10 ISO install disc, the clean install will be Windows 10 Home.

The same with Windows 10 Pro, the install will be Windows 10 Pro.

But if you start out with a blank hard disc, what version will be installed, Home or Pro?

Charles.

CharlieWS, Nov 27, 2015
  3. NickSteel Win User
    Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Nov 27, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

The ISO can install both versions, it depends on previous Windows version (for an upgrade) or on serial (for a clean-install). If you skip serial you will see a choice to install Home or Pro. Install the version you have license for or you won't be able to activate. Once activated on a computer, you can clean-install, skip serial, and it will activate again when online. No serial required. Just make sure you install the same version.

spapakons, Nov 27, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    Now that you have Home installed - choose change the product key - enter your pro key

6. Antaflu Win User
    It doesn't allow me to do that:

Windows 10 Pro clean installation [​IMG]

Antaflu, Nov 27, 2015
  7. Type Change key into your start search. You'll find it there

DustSailor, Nov 27, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

Is windows Home activated

9. Antaflu Win User
    Yes, it's activated.

Antaflu, Nov 27, 2015
  10. Kyhi Win User
  11. DustSailor, Nov 27, 2015
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Antaflu,

Did you have Windows 10 Pro installed and activated before? If not, then you will either need to install and upgrade a Windows 7/8/8.1 Pro or purchase a Windows 10 Pro upgrade pack (Windows Store).

If you did have Windows 10 Pro installed and activated before, then the solution is easy. What happened was on the clean install, the installation read the Windows 8 Home product key stored in bios and picked Windows 10 Home to install and activate based on that. If you had Windows 10 Pro installed before then click on Settings, Updates and Security, Activation tab. Click on Change product key, answer yes to the question. Enter the Windows 10 Pro generic product key:
    VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

That will trigger the upgrade to Pro, and if you had Pro installed and activated before, it will activated based upon the activation that was previously stored on Microsoft activation servers.

NavyLCDR, Nov 27, 2015
  13. Antaflu Win User

THANK YOU! This did it. I have now Windows 10 Pro installed and activated!

Antaflu, Nov 27, 2015
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    Glad it worked for you!

NavyLCDR, Nov 28, 2015
  15. Kyhi Win User
    Like we all said - change product key - enter windows 10 pro key..

You said you had the pro key and did not work when you entered it..

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro clean installation - Similar Threads - Pro clean installation

2. 10 pro after a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    10 pro after a clean install: I made a clean install Win 10 Pro but it only installed Win 10 home. How can I get Pro? I tried the process of changing product key with the key from before the clean install. Thanks...
  3. windows 10 pro clean installation problem...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 pro clean installation problem...: Hello.well,i have a weird problem when i trying to do a clean install of windows 10 pro from dvd media...shows a message that says:the media drivers your computer needs is missing every time i try to install it.so if there is any workaround for this error instead of using usb...
  4. Clean installation of windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clean installation of windows 10 pro: I have windows 10 pro in my desktop and it is neither resetting nor installing fresh windows 10. I tried many process but not anyone works. Please help....
  5. Clean install win 10 Pro

Clean install win 10 Pro: Hello, I'm not a power user or well practiced on or in computing. I have a Lenovo E570 laptop with Win 10Pro V1903 It has two SSD's. I'd like to clean install a new copy of Win 10 Pro. I've got both drives backed up on an external drive. When it comes time to restore...
  6. WINDOWS 10 PRO CLEAN INSTALL

WINDOWS 10 PRO CLEAN INSTALL: Just a real ODD/FRUSTRATING/BAFFLING Windows 10 Pro installation glitch. Doing clean install, and Windows 10 installation gets to disk partition installation option, and says it cannot install UEFI MODE because the Partition has GPT, and to select a Partition with a MBR....
  7. clean installation Windows 10 pro

clean installation Windows 10 pro: I had made a stick from the MCT but read it was for other pcs -I plan on getting one so it is not a waste. However, in looking for the best way to do a clean install of my pc with Win 10 Pro I got confused. I do not not have the 25 characters. I have an upgrade. Should I do...
  8. Windows 10 pro. clean install.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pro. clean install.: Hi, I am running windows 10 pro. 32 bit on a HP laptop. It was a upgrade from assistive technology which I'm using. How do I do a clean install of windows 10 pro. And install a 64 bit this time. And I have a flash drive 16 GB. Will someone walk me through it please. Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 pro. clean install.

Windows 10 pro. clean install.: Hi, I am running windows 10 pro. 32 bit on a HP laptop. It was a upgrade from assistive technology which I'm using. How do I do a clean install of windows 10 pro. And install a 64 bit this time. And I have a flash drive 16 GB. Will someone walk me through it please....
  10. issues with clean install on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    issues with clean install on windows 10 pro: I just did a clean install of windows 10 pro to hopefully help fix some of the issues ive been having with windows 10. unfortunately im still having the same issues. issues 1: When i'm using windows 10 and viewing folders with many icons such as pictures of videos the...