Windows 10: Windows 10 pro: Constant crashes & freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 pro: Constant crashes & freezing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HAVE HAD MY SYSTEM FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS..all of a sudden it seems to be suffering badly, by that I mean frequently, from either system crash or freeze.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ibace, Dec 15, 2017.

1. ibace Win User

Windows 10 pro: Constant crashes & freezing

HAVE HAD MY SYSTEM FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS..all of a sudden it seems to be suffering badly, by that I mean frequently, from either system crash or freeze.

If it crashes, I have left my PC running and presumably it's gone to sleep...I come back and mouse/keyboard won't wake it up. I have to use the 'On' button and when Windows kicks in, the screen respolution os 1024 x 800 and the display adapter is running on Microsoft Basic Adapter [my system is always up to date with the newest nVidia driver - not he latest Beta though].

Or I go to do something on my PC and it just freezes...screen goes black, no mouse use possible and usually will not reapond to Ctrl, Alt & Del...usually need to do a hard reboot.

I never suffered like this with any of my older systems, but I upgraded to i7 7700K/64 GB Ram/GTX1070/240GB SSD and because of that I begrudgingly went to Windows 10...SO MANY ISSUES, BROWERS CRAHING...and I've tried Edge, I.E. 11, Opera, Firefox, Google, Safari...am honestly getting very sick and tired of Windows 10 and all the inbuilt hassles.

Is there a way to locate system error logs; or anyone have other suggestions that may help? Would really appreciate your input.

ThanX Folks...

:)

ibace, Dec 15, 2017

2. When will there be a fix to correct the constant crashes and freezing of computers (mine) using Windows 10?

When will there be a fix to correct the constant crashes and freezing of computers (mine) using Windows 10? Was this system a 'rush' instead of being thought through for 2016. I am not impressed only upset.

Original thread: Windows 10 Crashes

Joyce Fair, Dec 15, 2017
  3. Jadefox02 Win User
    Explorer.exe / Start Menu Freezing/Crashing/Restarting

I've been having constant issues with explorer.exe crashing/restarting. My start menu just freezes and nothing responds. However if I click like a madman enough it restarts automatically, sometimes I have to restart explorer.exe from task manager. Any
    ideas? Google has come up useless. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I use Avast Anti-Virus and a couple of other apps on start-up. Happens on both my laptop and desktop computers.

Jadefox02, Dec 15, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi,
    1. have a look at your Update History. Was there an update or upgrade about the time this started?
    2. What is your Windows build?
    Windows key + R, winver
    3. Do the following routine checks:
    a. First check your disk:
    Download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and make sure all disks are reported as good.
    If not, do not continue, and post back .

b. Now check your file system:

From an admin command or powershell prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    or
    How to read Event Viewer log for Chkdsk in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech
    or
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

4. Have a look at your Reliability History (e.g. type Reli in Cortana's search bar).
    Explore the red x's - does anything stand out?

5. Have a look at your event log (Event Viewer).
    Note- this can be large, and take time to begin to get used to.
    Look for repeated events around the time you experience problems.

FullEventLogView by Nirsofer may help you explore this. (free).

Freezes leave no report- there are plenty of threads here about freezes- feel free to search the forum for ideas on how to deal with a system experiencing freezes.

dalchina, Dec 16, 2017
  5. ibace Win User
    Running version 1709 (OS Build 16299.125) use Hard Disk Sentinel as a matter of course...no issues, but different story with Reli, pic attached...also ran a scandisk/sfc yesterday...no issues.
    Windows 10 pro: Constant crashes & freezing [​IMG]

Windows 10 pro: Constant crashes & freezing [​IMG]

ibace, Dec 16, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    - you will need to click on the red x's and read the information..
    "Explore the red x's - does anything stand out?"

Good about your disk and system files.
    Also run chkdsk - it does a very different job to SFC, although I'm guessing it will be ok.

I would guess this is driver related. Especially look thru your Update History for graphics driver updates. It's possible you need to use an older driver.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 pro: Constant crashes & freezing - Similar Threads - pro Constant crashes

2. Microsoft Windows 10 Maggnifier constantly freezing/crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows 10 Maggnifier constantly freezing/crashing: For the umpteenth time I find myself here; on the support forums. I'm strongly reminded of the episode of Doctor Who "Gridlock": in which there's entire generations of people trapped in traffic because everyone in charge is long dead.I've recently had the "delight" of...
  3. Windows 10 Pro constantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro constantly crashing: Hello, I did a clean install of Windows 10 two weeks ago, and on a daily basis sometimes 3 or 4 a day my PC crashes with a BSOD. I have had event tracing fatal error, system service exception, irql not less equal, timer or dpc invalid errors, among others there are so many...
  4. Windows 10 constantly freezing and crashing

Windows 10 constantly freezing and crashing: Good evening, I'm using my computer as normal and a week ago it suddenly started to freeze and crash. What I tried to do to fix it: - I tried to run SFC and DISM scan It found some corrupted files and repaired them, but the error still occurs. - I tried installing...
  5. Constant BSOD crashes and freezing.

Constant BSOD crashes and freezing.: Greetings, I've started having constant bluescreens and random freezing from about a few weeks ago. They are related to ntoskrnl.exe, and the bug check varies from time to time but it's generally limited to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a, IRLQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0a,...
  6. PC constantly crashing/freezing

PC constantly crashing/freezing: I built this computer a few months ago, without any prior experience in building computers. I know I have made mistakes while building it, but I can't pinpoint what the problem is. I do not have the time to completely rebuild my computer. My computer has always been crashing...
  7. Windows 10 gaming pc constant freezing and crashing

Windows 10 gaming pc constant freezing and crashing: I've been at it for 2 full days now, tried everything in the book and on every forum i can find. CANNOT get the pc to run for more then 10 minutes at a time without a crash of some sort. The only event in the logs is a dcom 10005 1084 error something to do with COMsysapp. No...
  8. Surface Pro constantly freezing

Surface Pro constantly freezing: Hi there, I recently got a difference Surface Pro and use Microsoft Windows/Office on it. I am finding the applications keep freezing which is very frustrating. It can be in any of the office apps at different points but find it is more frequent when i go to save a...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Constant Random Freeze

Windows 10 Pro Constant Random Freeze: Hi, I originally use Windows 7, trying to update that to Windows 10 but it does not allow me to. Anyway, I purchase a new SSD (Crucial BX300 480gb) to install Win 10 on it. However, it constantly freezes for no particular reason. Sometimes it freezes when it starts up....
  10. Constant PC crashing/freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant PC crashing/freezing: Hello! Brief description of problem: Over the past few months my PC has been randomly crashing/freezing. It doesn't seem to matter how large of a load it is trying to take on; whether i'm only writing a paper while listening to music, or i'm playing Counter Strike on one...