Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Desktop Shutdown with Event ID 109

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Desktop Shutdown with Event ID 109 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tend to run my computer 24/7, but within the last 3 days, I had my computer shutdown while I was away with an Event ID 109 with the following reason:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Keiichi25, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Keiichi25 Win User

Windows 10 Pro Desktop Shutdown with Event ID 109

I tend to run my computer 24/7, but within the last 3 days, I had my computer shutdown while I was away with an Event ID 109 with the following reason:

Thing is, I am on a desktop computer, not a laptop with a UPS connected. And it is an APC UPS with Powerchute Personal Edition installed. Although this is a Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade with Powerchute Personal Already installed. Does anyone know of a reason why Kernel-Power is shutting my computer down for this battery reason?

:)

Keiichi25, Jul 22, 2016

2. App with no name preventing shutdown.

I've been researching the problem using the "Event Viewer" and found in my case the first time the bad event #1073 occurred was after KB4041994 & KB4048951 updated my Win 10 System. I haven't researched these KBs since it's late. A good shutdown event ID
    is #1074. Searching these Event IDs in the Event log will show all occurrences of both which with scrolling from the last good #1074 shutdown will lead one to the updates before the start of #1073s. I plan to follow up on the KBs tomorrow. Maybe Microsoft
    could look at these KBs.

I'm using a Lenovo Yoga2 Pro.

d-o-l-p-h-i-n, Jul 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Task Scheduler error 203 - doesn't happen in Windows 7

I have created an event-driven task that responds to Event IDs 21, 24, and 25 from the Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-LocalSessionManager/Operational log. These events are created when someone remotes into a machine. I want to install it on all our staf
    desktops (University of Auckland Business School).

It runs a simple Powershell script on one of these events and works fine in Windows 7. In Windows 10 it also works with one exception. An Event ID 24 (disconnexion) sent from a remote machine works for a simple disconnexion. If the remote user shutdown down
    or restarts the machine he is logged into, an Event ID 24 is, indeed, generated in the log. This does, indeed, trigger the task. But the Task Scheduler responds with a Task Scheduler error Event ID 203, ‘Action failed to start’ and generates an error 2147943515
    (0X8007045B); then a Task Scheduler error Event ID 101, ‘Action failed to start’, with the same error. This is really a problem as we need to record the amount of time our users spend remoting to their machines. To be sure, a remote shutdown or restart might
    not be common but I want to capture this information as well as normal disconnexions.

Really driving me crazy! It works fine in Windows 7, where most of our machines now are, but we are in process of moving everyone to Windows 10.

, University of Auckland Business School Information Services

John Thayer Jensen, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Pro Desktop Shutdown with Event ID 109

Hi:

Until someone more expert arrives...

What does the PCPE dashboard tell you?
    Are you hearing any beeps from the APC UPS?
    How old is the APC UPS?
    Are you sure everything is plugged in and working properly, including the data cable from the back of the PC tower to the UPS?

Reason for asking:
    I had a relatively new APC UPS fail after only a few months several months ago.
    It was under warranty and, after calling Schneider Electric, they RMA'd the whole unit (not just the battery), no questions asked. They sent a brand new one in 2 days.
    (After many years of using their products, this was a "first". But I was pleased to find that they took care of it with zero fuss. The only chore was having to haul the old unit to the UPS store for the return shipment.)

Just a thought.

MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 22, 2016
  5. Keiichi25 Win User
    I just ran a power test on the UPS and it passed without shutting down the computer. I had a problem with one of their UPS as well, but it was more of a connector issue and this didn't happen with my Windows 7 box.

PCPE shows nothing, as I have upgraded back in 7/10 and so no intervention is shown and I looked for that the first time as well. The unit itself is about 6 months old, so fairly new and hasn't shown any problems.

The only other thing I can see is this from powerup:

Which definitely was not me (It has my username in there), so I am at a loss as to what is happening.

Keiichi25, Jul 22, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2001061

The process C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe (<Machine>) has initiated the power off of computer <Machine> on behalf of user <Machine>\<user> for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
    Reason Code: 0x500ff
    Shutdown Type: power off
    Comment:

Cliff S, Jul 22, 2016
  7. Keiichi25 Win User
    Don't believe that is related... Note what it says here:
    I would have had to initiated a manual shutdown previously, which I have not in either case. I have restarted the machine prior to the first situation, and have been running for several days without a shutdown. On the day of the first situation, I have only started the machine, went for about 2.8 days without shutting down and I come to the computer just a couple of hours after it has shutdown. In the 109 message, it says Battery. But I have found no reason why it is tripping.

Also, I only have 1 1074 entry per event, versus 2 that this article refers to.

Keiichi25, Jul 22, 2016
  8. Windows 10 Pro Desktop Shutdown with Event ID 109

So, when you open the PCPE dashboard and check all the links under the "Monitor System" heading, everything is OK?
    If you think this might somehow be related to the UPS, Schneider Electric's tech support will walk you through some routine diagnostics over the phone. (There are probably some tutorials at their website, too.) If it turns out to be a problem with the UPS, I expect they will take care of it.

Otherwise....

Perhaps have a look here (from a routine Google search), and at the links posted in the replies to the OP:
    Server randomly shuts down with error code 0x500ff
    (It was not Win10, but it sounds similar.)
    Several other "hits" at other compute fora for the same issue.

Other than that, we will need to wait for someone more expert.

Please let us know how it goes, so that we can all learn.

MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 22, 2016
  9. Ah, that looks promising.
    Sorry I missed your post -- was probably typing or taking my screen cap while you were replying...

OK, I will turn things over to @Cliff S.*Smile

Cheers!
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 22, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Keep going, that was only a bit of help, for what the error code is. I couldn't find the actual code list at TechNet yet.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Desktop Shutdown with Event ID 109

1. Windows 10 Pro Desktop Shutdown with Event ID 109 - Similar Threads - Pro Desktop Shutdown

2. Random shutdowns Event ID 6008

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random shutdowns Event ID 6008: Hello, Over the past month I've had 10 random shutdown events. Checking temperatures seemed to indicate nothing wrong, though I did also clean the case of my PC for good measure. The hardware seems fine, the memory has no issues, the hard drives seem fine. There was an...
  3. Windows 10 unexpected shutdown with Event ID 1001,41, and 6008

Windows 10 unexpected shutdown with Event ID 1001,41, and 6008: I physically moved my computer to a new location where other electronics have had no prior issues. I was gentle and it was simply to a new room. Anytime I stream or start a game, I will within 90 minutes get a blue screen. Looking at event viewer yields the following: 1001:...
  4. Windows Random Shutdowns Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Random Shutdowns Event ID 41: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home. I recently purchased this new PC from NewEgg. On day one of receiving the PC I booted and set up for first time use. After installing my typical programs like Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, and a few games from Steam. I launched first games on...
  5. Windows 10 unexpected shutdown with Event ID 1001,41 and 6008.

Windows 10 unexpected shutdown with Event ID 1001,41 and 6008.: Hi Team, I have just purchased windows 10 pro from Microsoft. I installed in my system with few software like Visual studio and development software. My system has restarted twice today. I went to system event viewer and found issues like below as error as latest on top....
  6. Win 10 Event-ID 41, repeated shutdowns

Win 10 Event-ID 41, repeated shutdowns: For a while now I've been experiencing random shutdowns. Each time the source is an Event 41 with different BugCheckCodes. But I cant find the meaning of those Bugcheckcodes in any Microsoft Docs. What does a BugCheckCode 239 mean? What can be the cause of those crashes?...
  7. Unexpected Shutdown Event ID 109

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected Shutdown Event ID 109: Several times over the last few weeks, I noticed that my computer (Dell Optiplex 9020) had rebooted while left on overnight. Then today, without warning, the light blue (not BSOD) WIn 10 Restarting screen appeared while I was doing something noninvasive, like checking email....
  8. Slow shutdown with event id errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow shutdown with event id errors: Windows 10 64 bit, latest version, is working fine on my Toshiba i7 laptop with 8 Gb ram. But I have problems with shutdowns when I click on restart. It seems to take far too long to shutdown. I am not sure how to find out why but when checking out the event viewer, I found...
  9. Event ID 10005 for tiledatamodelsvc at shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 10005 for tiledatamodelsvc at shutdown: For the past few days I've been getting Event ID 10005 multiple times whenever I shut down my computer. Everything still runs just fine and this error seems superficial, but I would prefer to keep my event log clean as possible. DCOM got error "1115" attempting to start...
  10. Event ID 7000 and 7038 on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 7000 and 7038 on Shutdown: Got these on my shutdown last night, I don't think I have got them before. What are they exactly? The NgcCtnrSvc service was unable to log on as NT AUTHORITY\LocalService with the currently configured password due to the following error: The security account manager (SAM)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 109 event id winlogon shutdown