Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro DirectX Version

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro DirectX Version in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, can anyone please confirm what version of DirectX is installed in Windows 10 Pro and including Win 10 Pro's latest updates (as of June 29th 2016)?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IBroMSI, Jun 28, 2016.

1. IBroMSI Win User

Windows 10 Pro DirectX Version

Hi, can anyone please confirm what version of DirectX is installed in Windows 10 Pro and including Win 10 Pro's latest updates (as of June 29th 2016)?
    Cheers, Ian

:)

IBroMSI, Jun 28, 2016

2. Directx

how to download directx 11 software?

I am using windows 10 Pro. Maximum version My Graphics hardware can support is directx 11.1. But my current directx version is 12. I have to install directx 11. How and where to download and install directx 11?

Vinuprasath, Jun 28, 2016
  3. DirectX version is 11.1 in Windows 10 Pro after upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate .

HI,

I had upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro . I used DirectX diagnostic tool and the directX version is found to be 11.1 but not 12 . Is this normal ? Can Iget DirectX 12 ? Please help me .

Athul Kumar, Jun 28, 2016
  4. derekimo Win User

Welcome to the forum, still the 28th here but I have DirectX 12,

Windows 10 Pro DirectX Version [​IMG]

All updates installed.

derekimo, Jun 28, 2016
  5. IBroMSI Win User
    Hi derekimo - thank you for the rapid reply - very much appreciated (you must be an insomniac like me???)
    I was rather hoping that it was not DirectX 12 - preferred an earlier version [for details see my earlier post re Win 10 Home (latest install) preventing me from running the game Adr1ft (no video, or sound) which ran faultlessly under Win 10 factory default version that came with my MSI GT72 laptop and died after Win 10 Home updated itself! I've been told by 505 games they did their development work for this game on Win 10 Pro OS but before I launch into purchasing an upgrade (since MS can't or won't do anything about this problem - which I, correctly or incorrectly am associating with the DirectX 12 version???) I would like a little reassurance that I won't be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire if I do so! Any comments here would be appreciated and also can I ask where you obtained your DirectX Diagnostic Tool from, please?
    Cheers and thanks again for your info. Ian

IBroMSI, Jun 28, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Jun 28, 2016
  7. derekimo Win User
    You're welcome, I can't answer most of what you are asking, but that bit in red is easy, just type dxdiag in start menu search and it will show up.

Windows 10 Pro DirectX Version [​IMG]

derekimo, Jun 28, 2016
  8. IBroMSI Win User

Thanks mate - yes I have now discovered this lurking in the OS.
    Cheers, Ian

IBroMSI, Jun 28, 2016
  9. IBroMSI Win User
    There is another important question I have re Win 10 Pro, I have been told that this version can completely block updates from taking place until you permit them, unlike in the Win 10 / Win 10 Home cases - is this true? Appreciate your further help here, please. Cheers, ian

IBroMSI, Jun 28, 2016
  10. As far as I know, only if its setup to do it's updates through "Windows Update for Business". You need to running Pro and have it setup to update through a companies Update server.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-for-business

The best you can do on the consumer side is Defer updates.
    Defer upgrades in Windows 10

• Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn’t affect security updates. Note that deferring upgrades will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available.

alphanumeric, Jun 28, 2016
  11. IBroMSI Win User
    Thanks alphanumeric - guess I won't update my OS then! Also guess I can kiss my just purchased game good bye, too! I cannot for the life of me understand how/why MS can get away with being able to dictate their wishes and force them on to its customers by taking control of their customers equipment - has to be the height of illegality in anybodies understanding! I see there was a recent successful prosecution of MS for doing this, only $10K US paid by MS, though - perhaps the way forward is to mount an international Class Action against MS!
    Food for thought, cheers.

IBroMSI, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro DirectX Version - Similar Threads - Pro DirectX Version

2. Roblox DirectX version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox DirectX version: I just upgraded my pc win7 to win10 but when i join Roblox it says Use directx 10 or greater level and i just changed my processor to duo core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-directx-version/dd329cac-060c-4de1-b91b-ec809a3c9f71
  3. Roblox DirectX version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox DirectX version: I just upgraded my pc win7 to win10 but when i join Roblox it says Use directx 10 or greater level and i just changed my processor to duo core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-directx-version/dd329cac-060c-4de1-b91b-ec809a3c9f71
  4. Roblox DirectX version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 pro versions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 pro versions: Do I need windows 10 pro 32/64-bit version to run both 32 bit & 64 bit software programs / applications? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-versions/d620d31d-4a8d-4381-9db0-a94fabb88271
  6. Windows 10 Pro Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Version: Greetings- How can I tell if I have the latest and greatest version of Windows 10 Professional? Bob Woolston Portland OR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-version/143305f9-3f29-445a-93dc-67e18edc715b
  7. DirectX version not compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX version not compatible?: I am trying to get the online game The Elder Scrolls to run, but when I hit play, I get a message saying that the DirectX version is unsupported. It gives you an information link in the hopes of fixing this problem, and it says that the game needs DirectX 11 to run. My laptop...
  8. Can't install old directx versions on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install old directx versions on Windows 10.: Hello, I have been trying to install old versions of directx in order to play some older games. I have been consistently getting an "internal error" when trying to use directx installation tools. I have tried both the DirectX End-User Runtimes file, and the web installer...
  9. FSX and DirectX version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX and DirectX version: Just installed FSX on a new computer. When I start FSX I get an "DirectX incompatible" message that tells me to install DirectX 9 or go to MS and install the latest version. I checked and I have version 12. What else do I have to do to get FSX to run?...
  10. DirectX 11, Paragon, windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 11, Paragon, windows 10 pro: I have recently attempted to play Paragon on my laptop but it keeps popping up with something saying I require DirectX 11 10.0 which I am fairly certain is a feature of windows 10 anyway. Any one know a way around this. Paragon is in Beta stage by the way, which I am told is...