Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Ethernet Adapter Does Not Retain DHCP Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Ethernet Adapter Does Not Retain DHCP Settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The laptop computer is attached to a corporate domain. The DNS servers are providing DHCP settings. After logging onto the network, there is NO IPV4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by assyrian47, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Pro Ethernet Adapter Does Not Retain DHCP Settings

The laptop computer is attached to a corporate domain. The DNS servers are providing DHCP settings. After logging onto the network, there is NO IPV4 address assigned despite DHCP enabled. Using ipconfig command, the setting is an obscure IP address 169.254.211.68 Subnet 255.255.0.0. Using the Device Manager I disable the adapater, perform a scan, then DHCP IP settings are set correctly.

Search on Google says:
    It's a IPv4 link local address, as defined in rfc3927. Usually ZeroConfig/Bonjour/mdns et al enabled boxes are setup to have IPv4 ll address to enable (home) networking without the presence of an DHCP or unicast DNS server.

How does one kill this?

:)

assyrian47, Sep 2, 2015

2. WiFi settings not retained

My WiFi adapter is a Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.1n USB 2.0 Network adapter Version 1027.4.630.2015. Windows 10 Pro does not retain the settings for my Wireless router and password, so I have to put in the settings every time I start up. I have
    put the data in the "Add Networks" and ticked the retain password and the connection is made. Connect automatically is also ticked, but every time I start up I have to re-enter the password.

KeithRavenhill1, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Lose Internet Connection after PC Sleeps

I have a DELL XPS Desktop running Windows 10.

Since the Windows updates KB3199986 and KB3197954 on 10/28/2016, every time my PC goes to "sleep" when I wake it up I have the yellow caution sign on my ethernet icon and I am unable to connect to the internet. I have the newest FIOS BHR-4/G1100 router,
    which is working fine. It does NOT lose its connection to the network. The WiFi also stays on.

The error message I get is that there is no TCP/IP Configuration. I click on change adapter settings for the ethernet adapter, step through (don't change anything) the TCP/IP configuration windows (DHCP, DNS, WINS) and then
    it comes back.

Its as if the local DHCP is not working or I am losing my network configuration and when the PC wakes it cannot reconfigure.

I have updated power settings NOT to turn off the ethernet adapter when it goes to sleep.

As long as I am working my connection is fine. The minute the PC goes to sleep it is gone. Verizon claims not their problem. I'm not sure what to do next.

barbarabrenkworth, Sep 2, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

Windows 10 Pro Ethernet Adapter Does Not Retain DHCP Settings

Bonjour usually causes a lot of networking issues. If you have it, try uninstalling it.

badrobot, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Ethernet Adapter Does Not Retain DHCP Settings

1. Windows 10 Pro Ethernet Adapter Does Not Retain DHCP Settings - Similar Threads - Pro Ethernet Adapter

2. Windows Explorer Not Retaining Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Not Retaining Settings: I have Windows 11 and am using a Lenovo Idea Pad. I use this computer mainly for designing, using lightburn laser software. Because of this, I have a large amount of SVG files saved, and I set my view to extra large in file explorer. When I attempt to open a file in my...
  3. Windows 11 not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not retaining settings: When I am installing Windows 11 on my computer, which is compatible with Windows 11, my computer is undoing changes made to the computer. Please help me solve this issue ** original title: Computer **...
  4. Windows 11 not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not retaining settings: When I am installing Windows 11 on my computer, which is compatible with Windows 11, my computer is undoing changes made to the computer. Please help me solve this issue ** original title: Computer **...
  5. How to set up VLANs with an Intel Ethernet Adapter under Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set up VLANs with an Intel Ethernet Adapter under Windows 10 pro?: Hi, I cannot configure my desktop to work with vlans? Any ideas on how can I do it? Thanks, Nataly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-vlans-with-an-intel-ethernet-adapter/7451977e-97d1-4fe6-8415-b9f5b9662717
  6. Cannot enable Ethernet Adapter in Network Adapter Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot enable Ethernet Adapter in Network Adapter Settings: Hello, I have a problem. Always when I want to enable the ehternet Adapter it automaticly disable the adapter. What I already tried: - Network Reset Regards, Elia Valer...
  7. USB ethernet adapter does not work

USB ethernet adapter does not work: I recently bought and tried to install a Amazonbasics USB ethernet adapter on a friend's laptop. It did not work. no lights on the adapter. Nothing. I went to device manager and updated the driver automatically and it found a newer driver. This time I got some lights on the...
  8. USB ethernet adapter does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    USB ethernet adapter does not work: I recently bought and tried to install a Amazonbasics USB ethernet adapter on a friend's laptop. It did not work. no lights on the adapter. Nothing. I went to device manager and updated the driver automatically and it found a newer driver. This time I got some lights on the...
  9. W10-64 taskbar does not retain setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10-64 taskbar does not retain setting: When I unlock the task bar, then raise its height a notch, then lock it again, .. on the next boot, it is at the default height. Any help would be appreciated in advance. 95469
  10. Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings

Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings: Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem. It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no...