Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro. Force the Login Screen to appear on every Boot-up.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro. Force the Login Screen to appear on every Boot-up. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is a "Real Question" though it may not sound like one. I have a User whose Surface Pro has two user accounts. One is her Microsoft Account, one... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by questorfla, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Pro. Force the Login Screen to appear on every Boot-up.

This is a "Real Question" though it may not sound like one.

I have a User whose Surface Pro has two user accounts. One is her Microsoft Account, one is a "local account".
    The purpose for the local account is to provide her with a way to open Windows in the event she cannot get her normal Microsoft account to open. This usually happens due to password problems, (she forgets what it currently is). I gave her a local account with no password so she could access the Web to contact me for help with accessing her Microsoft Account when needed.

I have seen plenty of of methods for "By Passing" the login screen but in her case I need the opposite. When the Login screen is bypassed, Windows opens to her Local Account where all of her "things" are gone. (Yes, this is a Real Problem I am not making this up *Huh

The 'fix' for this (once it happens) is to Right click START, Choose "Sign out, which takes her to the normal Sign In screen where she can choose her Microsoft Account.

The Best "fix" would be a way to get Windows 10 to always display the Login Screen at Start even if her Local Account has no password? She probably accidentally logged in as "Local" and afterward it becomes the default login. Is there a key somewhere in the registry or setting in SecPol to make the login screen appear every time the system starts?

I think one of Murphy's Corollaries states that "The road to Hell is paved with Good Intentions" *Confused. Having that local account has saved her many times but now it has become a problem in its own right. Giving it a password would defeat the usefulness as she simply cannot remember it no matter what I make it.

PS: As a possible partial help, is there a one-step command that would take her directly to the login screen. Then I could make a Desktop Shortcut for it as she has a hard time with right click vs left click on START?

:)

questorfla, Oct 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 Pro login screen

Windows 10 Pro When booting up the internet icon in the login screen has red circle with white X. I have to reboot every time to get an internet connection?

CyrilMeehan, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Login Screen Problem on Startup

One of my customer Has problem on Windows 10 Login Screen .On the time of boot the laptop boot up But Windows 10 Login Screen not appears until , that laptop closed for standby & opened immediately. Please Provide me solution

Moved from Insider

ParashuramTupe, Oct 3, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Windows 10 Pro. Force the Login Screen to appear on every Boot-up.

lx07, Oct 3, 2016
  5. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to help. Once Windows gets logged in to the "User with no password", for whatever reason, even this doesn't help. Windows defaults to the "User with No Password" is the problem. Even with this enabled, once you press Ctrl+Alt+Del, it goes direct to that user. Windows is not offering the login screen choices is the problem. I can still get there the same way by Signing out, then signing back in. But it still has to be done. *Sad

questorfla, Oct 3, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    That is a shame.

Perhaps as an interim measure you could make this shortcut which will force (-f) log off (-l)

Make the target C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -l -f

Windows 10 Pro.   Force the Login Screen to appear on every Boot-up. [​IMG]

lx07, Oct 3, 2016
  7. Thanks Ix07, I will try that one too. I also just found another work-around for how to get back to the sign in screen (if you have the latest version of windows 10). Clicking Start now shows the 'Universal Blob' that is your user, in the far left column at the top where you can you can just click it and choose sign out with no right click needed and then you are taken to the sign in screen.

But I am still puzzled by the default action locking you to the user with no password as the default login if you ever use it. Which then requires that you somehow go back to the login screen to be able to choose to login with the correct user which HAS a password. Otherwise rebooting takes you directly into the user with No Password until you do that.

questorfla, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro. Force the Login Screen to appear on every Boot-up.

1. Windows 10 Pro. Force the Login Screen to appear on every Boot-up. - Similar Threads - Pro Force Login

2. Login Screen WILL NOT appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Screen WILL NOT appear: My machine boots to display the time, with the Power, Accessibility and Internet buttons down in the corner........But I cannot get the screen to appear to allow me to type in my password.What changed? I was having issues with Windows Hello, so I did a fresh install while...
  3. Login Screen WILL NOT appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Screen WILL NOT appear: My machine boots to display the time, with the Power, Accessibility and Internet buttons down in the corner........But I cannot get the screen to appear to allow me to type in my password.What changed? I was having issues with Windows Hello, so I did a fresh install while...
  4. Windows login screen doesn’t appear after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows login screen doesn’t appear after boot: Upon boot up, I get to the windows wallpaper screen, but the login fields don’t appear. I have tried to run start up repair but that doesn’t work and have also tried to reset the system and re-install windows from external media but it gets to just over 50% and then says...
  5. Windows login screen doesn’t appear after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows login screen doesn’t appear after boot: Upon boot up, I get to the windows wallpaper screen, but the login fields don’t appear. I have tried to run start up repair but that doesn’t work and have also tried to reset the system and re-install windows from external media but it gets to just over 50% and then says...
  6. Boot up login screens

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up login screens: During the startup sequence the last thing that happens before Windows 10 goes to the Desktop is for me to login in my password. Most of the time the startup sequence lands on the Welcome Screen. That is what I prefer because my old laptop keyboard is on its last legs. I have...
  7. Windows 10 - Boot Up - Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Boot Up - Login: Windows 10 Home Dell All-In-One, Intel i7 - computer was working perfectly - then when I booted the computer, I get a blue box with "Enter Password". - I would think it is a BIOS bootup login screen but I did not touch any of that ? maybe virus? ? update issue?...
  8. Windows 10 login screen not appearing or Password box not showing up

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 login screen not appearing or Password box not showing up: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers multiple options to login to your PC, ranging from simple PIN method to more complex Windows Hello Face unlock. But, at times you may face a situation where the Windows 10 login screen does not appear at [...] This post Windows 10 login...
  9. Windows 10 login screen not appearing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 login screen not appearing: I boot up my laptop and it gets the page that shows the date and time but when I click, the screen slides up but nothin appears. There is no box to enter my password, only three icons in the bottom right corner. I have tried holding shift and restart but that does not work....
  10. Forcing Login Screen after boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forcing Login Screen after boot: I just installed Windows 10 yesterday from Windows 8.1, and I honestly hate it this far. Whenever I (re-)boot the pc, Windows automatically logs me in to my desktop. A friend of mine has Win10 too, doesn't use a password for his account but does get the normal login...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro boot screen

2. Windows 10 force login when booting up