Windows 10: Windows 10 pro installation

Discus and support Windows 10 pro installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a legal disc of windows 10 pro installed on my desktop that is currently activated. I want to install the same disc on another computer computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by barney1399, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Windows 10 pro installation

I have a legal disc of windows 10 pro installed on my desktop that is currently activated. I want to install the same disc on another computer computer with a new hard drive and then purchase activate a new key. Can I do it and how do I activate it legally?

:)

barney1399, Nov 18, 2017

2. Facillity at Zero

Specialization in replies:

Step1

Step2

Step3etc

Installation Guide Windows 10, Nov 18, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Pro

How to install Windows 10 Pro version on installed Windows 10 Home single language? By purchasing new Window 10 Pro pack or free upgrade over Windows 10 Home... Give me manually install steps for Windows 10 Pro..

ravimahajanI, Nov 18, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 pro installation

Do not use that disc - it is probably an old version. Create a bootable usb flash drive using link below.

Boot from it, skip key entty, then once installed buy a licence from MS Store (Go to Store link).

Download Windows 10

cereberus, Nov 18, 2017
  5. Exactly as @cereberus said. This is the best way to do this. There is no point in installing old version of Windows and then upgrade it (having the latest version of Windows 10 is highly recommended and will eventually be forced on you anyway), when you can download the latest edition for free from Microsoft and then create a bootable thumb drive or DVD.

slicendice, Nov 18, 2017
  6. Thanks for your reply.... I have a problem about downloading windows 10 from Microsoft, my internet is so slow, 2.5 mps it takes many hours and lots of failed attempts to download windows 10....

barney1399, Nov 20, 2017
  7. ASH101 Win User
    well you may be able to do it with the disk but it is not the best idea and it will need to download the new version once it boots
    do you already have windows(7 or 8/8.1) on the pc you are trying to install windows 10?

ASH101, Nov 27, 2017
  8. lx07 Win User

You'll get the exact same issue if you install an old version though.

It will upgrade itself by downloading the latest version (so several GB) and then whatever cumulative updates. You'll not save on download time probably.

May as well bite the bullet and download it before you start particularly as the first 2 Windows 10 releases are not supported and have unpatched security vulnerabilities.

To answer you first question you can install Windows and activate it after, sure. You just type your key in settings when you get it - see option 2 here Activate Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

9. Ztruker Win User
    Maybe the way for you to go is to buy one copy of Window 10 Home from a retail or online store like Best Buy, Amazon, Tiger Direct or Microsoft. It will be sent to you on a flash drive and have one valid key.

Use that to install from. Then use it for additional installs and buy the keys as you go.

Ztruker, Dec 2, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    Still does not solve download issue if an old version. This has gone full circle as we advised opposite to ensure OP got latest version to avoid downloading and upgrading.

cereberus, Dec 2, 2017
  11. I think you have 2 options both involving Media Creation Tool:

• Download latest Media Creation Tool. Use it to create an ISO file.
    • Find a friend with fast internet. Let him do the process above and then copy the created ISO to a thumbdrive or external HDD.

Now you have an ISO file. Copy it to your local HDD.

Now you have 3 options:
    • Mount the ISO and upgrade computer running Setup.
    • Burn ISO to DVD and use that DVD to upgrade Windows.
    • Download an application called Rufus and use it to create a bootable thumb drive and use that thumbdrive to upgrade Windows.

One big advantage of this is if you have many computers with same Windows edition (32-bit or 64-bit, Home or Pro), you only need to download the files once and after that you can upgrade all computers using same ISO.

slicendice, Dec 2, 2017
  12. cereberus Win User
    You do have to specifically select 32 and 64 bit of course to be totally flexible.

cereberus, Dec 2, 2017
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

You don't need any third party programs to create a bootable USB flash drive from a Windows 10 ISO file. Open a command prompt or PowerShell and run diskpart. Then in diskpart:

list disk
    select disk # <-replace # with the actual number for the USB flash drive.
    clean <- this will erase the selected disk above, make sure it is the USB flash drive!
    create part pri
    format fs=fat32 quick
    active
    assign
    exit
    exit

Now mount the Windows 10 ISO file and copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive.

Regarding the same version and architecture (bit level) - the ISO file downloaded with the MCT will contain all the editions of Windows 10 except for Enterprise, so you can definitely install/upgrade either Home or Pro with it. You can also select the option to download both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions in the same ISO file as well.

NavyLCDR, Dec 2, 2017
  14. AddRAM Win User
    will the command create part pri work ?

Thought it had to be create partition primary

AddRAM, Dec 2, 2017
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    diskpart actually only uses the first three letters, so cre par pri would work just as well as create partition primary.

lis dis works just as well as list disk.

sel dis #

Hmmmm...... now I am going to have to try *** for assign....
    ^^^yep, that works too.

exi will exit diskpart. But a second exi will not exit the command prompt itself.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 pro installation - Similar Threads - pro installation

2. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  3. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  4. Window 10 pro installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 pro installation: I have Dell laptop core-i7 8th generation, How to install windows 10 pro on my laptop , I try money times but I can’t .Please anyone can help with me.I downloaded about 7 windows ISO files but no one Is working on my laptop....
  5. Window 10 pro installation

Window 10 pro installation: I have Dell laptop core-i7 8th generation, How to install windows 10 pro on my laptop , I try money times but I can’t .Please anyone can help with me.I downloaded about 7 windows ISO files but no one Is working on my laptop....
  6. Window 10 pro installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  8. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  9. Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED: Hello,I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED and everytime I load the installer, it always seems to freeze at the 'Starting Windows' point.I'm just wondering whether anyone knows how to fix this issue? I know this is an issue with...
  10. Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED

Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED: Hello,I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED and everytime I load the installer, it always seems to freeze at the 'Starting Windows' point.I'm just wondering whether anyone knows how to fix this issue? I know this is an issue with...