Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro License Transferability

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro License Transferability in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All Thinking of possibly getting a newer system in the future, as current one not much room to upgrade video card inside without losing Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AMDMan2016, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Pro License Transferability

Hi All

Thinking of possibly getting a newer system in the future, as current one not much room to upgrade video card inside without losing Bluetooth card, so debating of finally switching from AMD based system to Intel Based System

Just wondering though since I bought Windows 10 Pro via the Microsoft store, if I could transfer that to the new PC, or would I have to buy Windows 10 Pro again, New system suppose to come with Windows 10 Home

This System would probably go back to 10 Home with Extra Windows 7 Key possibly, and other little Intel Atom little netop PC probably would go over to Ubuntu Linux build if supported, or discontinue use of that slow machine

:)

AMDMan2016, Sep 2, 2017

2. How do I transfer a Windows 10 Pro license from one computer to another?

The preinstalled Windows 10 Pro license on the Surface Pro 3 is not transferable. It is an OEM license.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 2, 2017
  3. Transferring Windows licenses / editions between laptops

Well, we don't know if the license on the old laptop is OEM or Retail, so it might have transfer rights.

Even if this is the case, the license on the new laptop is an OEM license, which prevents you swapping with the other machine. If the Windows 10 Pro was upgraded from a retail Windows 8.1 Pro, you would have to remove the license completely from that machine,
    then use the Windows 8.1 Pro license to activate Windows 10 Pro on the new laptop.

Learn more:

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

Andre Da Costa, Sep 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 Pro License Transferability

NavyLCDR, Sep 2, 2017
  5. Thank you will read that, and go from there then, if I must stay with Home on future new system, then can manage fine with that til I can afford to buy it again if I have to. Thank you so much for the reply

AMDMan2016, Sep 2, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    On your new computer, you will upgrade the installed Windows 10 Home to Pro by changing the product key to the Windows 10 Pro product key:
    VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Then you will use the Activation Troubleshooter to activate it by transferring the license from the old computer through your Microsoft Account.

NavyLCDR, Sep 2, 2017
  7. Ohh easy Peasy then it appears, now just wait til new one is ordered, and then sort things out, and all set.

AMDMan2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro License Transferability

1. Windows 10 Pro License Transferability - Similar Threads - Pro License Transferability

2. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer of Windows 10 Pro license: Good Day, I spent the last few hours dealing with the abysmal MS customer support but seens to be a waste of time. I bought a laptop in July which had Windows 10 Home preinstalled. Which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro through the MS online store. The old computer had...
  3. Windows 10 Pro License Transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License Transfer: Greetings, I had an old laptop that had Windows 10 Pro, but the machine died, the motherboard got fried. I bought a new laptop and I would like to know how can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to the new laptop. Regards, -- Deiby Quezada...
  4. Windows 10 Pro License Transfer

Windows 10 Pro License Transfer: Hi everyone. I noticed after upgrading my laptop to Windows 10 Pro that Windows activates itself without needing the activation key again after a clean re-installation of Windows, which raises a question regarding the license key in my mind: The key I purchased is a retail...
  5. Transfer windows 10 pro license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer windows 10 pro license: I used my old ssd from my laptop as I didn't want to lose any thing to a new pc and I try to update the licence but it doesn't work. youtube link to show what's happening Edit:screenshot error submitted by /u/spacenerd222 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 PRO license transfer

Windows 10 PRO license transfer: I have a WIndows 10 PRO license on my Surface Pro 4. The Surface Pro 4 suffered a broken screen and I bought a Surface Pro 6 Came with Windpows 10 Home. I cannot use the old system. Can I xfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the Surface Pro 6 system? I am now running Windows...
  7. Transferring Windows 10 Pro license

Transferring Windows 10 Pro license: I just wanted to ask a quick question. I'm planning on building a new computer with better hardware. My current pc has windows 10 pro and in the settings menu under activation it says "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account". This leads...
  8. Windows 10 Pro license Transfer

Windows 10 Pro license Transfer: Hello, I recently built a new pc and wanted to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license onto it from my old pc. Since it was built for me with windows preinstalled and windows activated retail copy i did not get any information regarding the product key. ive looked up multiple...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 Pro License

Transferring Windows 10 Pro License: If my old laptop had Windows 10 Pro and has finally crashed for good, how do I go about getting the Windows 10 pro on my new laptop? I purchased it a while back and I see it within my order history on Microsoft but I am not too sure on how to activate it on my new laptop. Is...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Transfer license

Windows 10 Pro Transfer license: I have HP 15-ay068ne laptop Windows 10 Home 64bit on it and I just purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM system builder DVD from Jumia Egypt for upgrade my laptop operating system to Pro,if something happened to this laptop can i transfer that windows 10 pro license to a another pc...