Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro. Memory Leakage Issue by Service Host:

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro. Memory Leakage Issue by Service Host: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using registered version of Win 10 Pro. with administrator privileges - I am facing extreme memory consumption issues. I have a total of 4-GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aziz027, Aug 8, 2017.

1. aziz027 Win User

Windows 10 Pro. Memory Leakage Issue by Service Host:

I am using registered version of Win 10 Pro. with administrator privileges - I am facing extreme memory consumption issues. I have a total of 4-GB physical memory and 3.9-Gb approx 89-90% is always busy. Task Manager shows "Service Host" with 18 of its sub processes consuming about 2 to 2.5 GB memory. I ended the mentioned task and restarted my computer facing the same issue.
    On a thread some one mentioned to scndsk/r command and after restarting my computer the Scanning and Repairing drive (C) is stuck on 15% for an hour now.

Looking for helpful suggestions with permanent solution to the problem.

Good Day!

:)

aziz027, Aug 8, 2017

2. "Service Host: Local System" taking up every bit of disk space it can get and slowing down my computer. How do I fix this?

100% Disk Usage Windows 10 Service Host, Service Host High CPU Usage, Service Host High Memory Usage, Service Host Local System High Disk Usage, Service Host Local System Network Restricted, Service Host Local System Windows 10, Windows 10 Service Host CPU,
    Wsappx High Disk Usage Windows 10.

See tutorial here:
    svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted)

dedyprasetiyo724, Aug 8, 2017
  3. korngear Win User
    Sony ericsson P1i v Nokia N95

Kinda disagreed.

SE improved a lot about memory leakage in their new P1i.

While owners of M600I were suffering from such memory leakage SE incorporated a 128 MB of RAM with P1i.

And mwemory leakage is intense in N95-the super powerful browser from opera lets most devices of nokia down to memory run out.

korngear, Aug 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I guess you mean chkdsk.
    This can take a long time, especially with that option. Some people experience the sort of thing you're seeing.
    I have searched the forum for you. Here are some examples- see if anything helps.

Chkdsk issue Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive. Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    chkdsk sticks at 12% for extended periods of time - Windows 10 Forums
    chkdsk c: /r not working - Windows 10 Forums

Note- that may or may not be relevant to your RAM problem, of course. That's best left until you've established confidence in your disk.

Note #2 here: - this thread shows this taking a long time tells you nothing about the health of your disk (!)
    chkdsk c: \r stalls on reboot Solved - Windows 10 Forums

When you are again able to boot up, download and run
    Hard Disk Sentinel (trial)
    and post a screenshot of its GUI.

It is normal in the Creator's build to see a lengthy process tree under svchost.exe. This is a display design change in this build.

dalchina, Aug 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro. Memory Leakage Issue by Service Host: - Similar Threads - Pro Memory Leakage

2. Service Host takes all memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host takes all memory: Recently my pc is acting weird. I don't know what to do but what I know is that a service host is eating all my memory. Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-takes-all-memory/abce05cb-dbf0-44ed-a934-ac9469c045c8
  3. Service Host takes all memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host takes all memory: Recently my pc is acting weird. I don't know what to do but what I know is that a service host is eating all my memory. Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-takes-all-memory/abce05cb-dbf0-44ed-a934-ac9469c045c8
  4. Windows 10 Pro slowdown issue by: Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro slowdown issue by: Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service: Hello Guys and Gals, My computer performance has dropped like a rock. In Task Manager is something using about half cpu and memory and it says the following. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork -p -s DPS I ran dozens of various...
  5. Service host applications EATING memory.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service host applications EATING memory.: [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]Why are these service host applications eating memory and HOW does this happen??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-applications-eating-memory/5d52274e-abe4-425f-9bdd-9e83bcb3d547
  6. SERVICE HOST issue

SERVICE HOST issue: HELLO It look like SERVICE HOST is taking too much of my MEMORY PLEASE give me a FIX THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-issue/799b2037-6eef-4c33-9cdb-a017bed1b17f
  7. Memory usage at 100%/Service Host

Memory usage at 100%/Service Host: After updating to the newest version of windows 10 (1903) I've been having issues with Service Host using up all of my ram. I've tried about every solution I could find online, and I'm at a loss....
  8. Service Host Memory Leak Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host Memory Leak Windows 10: Hi, Recently my RAM has been getting used up by the 50 or so service host processes. I can see the processes slowly increase their memory usage over time. This is my task manger soon after startup, and then 40 minutes later, without running any applications. [img] [img]...
  9. Service Host memory leak?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host memory leak?: Hi, I'm new to win 10 and it is a grand adventure I have to say. Today I figured why my computer has been shutting down/lagging. The processes under Service Host (all of them) consume ungodly amount of ram, and they increase usage over time. The PC can idle and this will...
  10. Locating possible memory leakage

Locating possible memory leakage: For the past few days I've been trying to figure out what program seems to be causing what appears to be a memory leak. My PC currently sits at anywhere from 6.2GB to 7.3GB on average at idle even after restarting it with my 8GB system. The closest i've gotten so far is using...