Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Metro Apps don't Open/Have Unusual Names

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Metro Apps don't Open/Have Unusual Names in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there! New to the forums! Been here many times before, but never opened an account until now. Anyway, I have some issues with the metro apps in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eddy, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Eddy Win User

Windows 10 Pro Metro Apps don't Open/Have Unusual Names

Hi there! New to the forums! Been here many times before, but never opened an account until now.

Anyway, I have some issues with the metro apps in Win 10. They don't open, and have unusual names. This actually started a couple days ago when my taskbar and start menu wouldn't open. While browsing the web for help, I saw somebody with the exact same issue get told to enter a powershell command and he replied saying it fixed it. The command in particular was: Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] Long story short, It did anything but fix it, and gave it messed up names. I can click and click, but nothing shows up, even for a split second. I've tried to open an app from the .exe inside System32.

Windows 10 Pro Metro Apps don't Open/Have Unusual Names [​IMG]

Any solution I've crossed, has not worked. Any help appreciated, but fresh install is off the table by all means.

Ed

:)

2. dj_ksmith Win User

Microsoft apps not working in Windows 10

I'm not seeing the error code, but a domain joined Surface Pro 3 won't open any of the Windows Store/Metro apps. They don't even pretend to open. Installed applications (non store apps) are working just fine.

dj_ksmith, Feb 13, 2016
  3. RKoch3196 Win User
    don't work the start menu and metro applications on Windows 10

Hi Microsoft.

I update a week ago my Surface pro 3 to Windows 10, everything was fine, until i installed a program named Synergy to share the mouse and keyboard via wifi, after that i wasn't can open the start menu, the metro applications and basically all the metro interface,
    i don't know if the program damage something or if the problem is with any update. Please give me a solution i don't want to format my Surface.

My surface has a antivirus, and i uninstall the program but the problem is keep going

Sorry for my bad English

RKoch3196, Feb 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 13, 2016
  5. Eddy Win User
    Thank you sir, you are a genius! I actually saw this and thought "Nah, I'm not that far in the hole!" but I guess I was. Very nice tutorial too!

Thanks,
    Ed

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Ed. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Metro Apps don't Open/Have Unusual Names - Similar Threads - Pro Metro Apps

2. Metro Apps not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  3. DESKTOP ICONS HAVE NO NAMES & DON'T OPEN PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    DESKTOP ICONS HAVE NO NAMES & DON'T OPEN PROPERLY: I posed this question to the community about one week ago, and have yet to resolve it by performing a system restore. When I log on in the morning, my desktop comes up in its normal order, but none of the icons have their name listed below them. If I right-click one of them,...
  4. Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App)

Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App): Question, My last update was yesterday. Therefore why are the file stamps for this app, for today? To provide some context, at just after 5pm, mytime, the was brief but noticeable "refresh" across the screen. It is the sort of refresh, one see when they install apps....
  5. Can't open and Metro style Windows app

Can't open and Metro style Windows app: I seem to have had a major Windows 10 Pro X64 failure. After a couple days of investigation, I'm stumped. -Right now, I can't open and Metro style Windows apps including Settings. -I also can't open "services.msc" (I get a window that says Microsoft Services...
  6. Windows 10 metro apps wont open

Windows 10 metro apps wont open: [img] 21342
  7. Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps

Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps: Hi, Even using :: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage :: will leave some apps there, I need to decide if I should remove them manually or not, but I don't know what they do and are they vital? So please help me by letting me know what's each one? Cheers....
  8. File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps?

File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps?: If you right-click on a file, the Open With menu will have suggestions for any Metro app that thinks it can handle the file-type, as well as the Windows Store. The Windows Store is useless to me, and I have yet to see a single Metro app worth using. I'd like to remove...
  9. Windows 10 Metro UI closes after opening any app.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Metro UI closes after opening any app.: Windows 10 Metro UI closes after opening any app. Start menu properties tab missing from taskbar properties window. Some say it has been removed... some show its usage in configuring Startup? Thank you 20131
  10. Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore: I am using Windows 10 for around 2 days now. But today my computer freezed while playing a game, so i restarted my computer and when i logged in, the start menu,notification menu and metro apps would not open anymore. Whats is happening? 10416