Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro n Activation issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro n Activation issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'll try to keep this short and sweet! i originally upgraded from windows 7. Did a downgrade, the downgrade broke my pc so i REINSTALLED. This time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jazz Iguana, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Pro n Activation issues

I'll try to keep this short and sweet!

i originally upgraded from windows 7. Did a downgrade, the downgrade broke my pc so i REINSTALLED. This time reinstalling off of a custom win 10 setup i put on a usb. I was able to activate windows 10 at the time. But recently had yet MORE problems, prompting in another OS reinstall.

I did this reinstall the exact same as the previous, used the same usb stick. Now when i go to activate this time i have no luck. i have tried a couple well known cmd prompts that have been known to fix and all of them return an error involving kmk.

anyone got any ideas?

:)

Jazz Iguana, Aug 25, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro N Activation

I've recently bought a Windows 10 pro activation key after downloading and installing Windows 10 pro N. I've not managed to activate windows and so I'd like to know if Microsoft has specific keys for Windows 10 pro N or if a normal Windows 10 pro key should
    work on the pro N edition?

If it is the case that Windows 10 pro N has specific activation keys, is there an easy way to swap between editions?

George_219, Aug 25, 2015
  3. nanopete Win User
    Windows vs Windows N product key?

Hi I updated my windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro.

I then wanted to do a clean install of windows 10 pro and changed to windows 10 pro N

Is the automatic activation not working because I changed to a N version or is some other issue?

Thank you

Peter

nanopete, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Pro n Activation issues

If you told us the actual error message you're getting, folks might then be able to provide some specific advice -- but saying "no luck" is too vague to be useful.

Mark Phelps, Aug 26, 2015
  5. thanks for the reply!

I'm being vague because there was no error message. The only option was to try and activate again. Last night i figured out it was a trojan that would somehow duplicate my windows profile, and render all my windows applications useless after enough time. I was able to remove the virus and i'm in the process of formatting my hard drive and reinstalling.

now i'm having issues with my slave drive. I was able recover the data but its a 1TB and i have nothing large enough to recover 1TB of data so i'm running low on options.

Jazz Iguana, Aug 27, 2015
  6. jtjt00 Win User
    Is your current machine protected by a security suite? I assume your secondary drive infected too as is your main OS drive.

jtjt00, Aug 27, 2015
  7. yeah i have everything clean now. just about to do a reinstall to make my OS work properly.

im not sure if my other HD was affected. not really anyway to find out.

i made a thread about it here: Hard drive question - Windows 10 Forums

Jazz Iguana, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro n Activation issues

1. Windows 10 Pro n Activation issues - Similar Threads - Pro Activation issues

2. Activating Windows 10 Pro N on new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 Pro N on new PC: Hi, I deactivated windows 10 on my old computer and made a bootable USB flash drive with the same type of windows i had on the previous computer. Then i instaled windows on my new computer successfully, but when i tried to activate it with my product key, there is an error...
  3. Windows 10 Pro N upgrade to WIndows Pro "non N" - app compatibily issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro N upgrade to WIndows Pro "non N" - app compatibily issue: Hello all I am using Windows 10 Professional "N " With the "Media pack" installed through the Control Panel/applications.... My video editing sofwtare Magix Video shows up an error while generating a Blu ray "select AC3 Stereo" - but it is already selected ! Magix...
  4. Windows 10 pro n is not getting activated on PC

Windows 10 pro n is not getting activated on PC: can u pls try to activate Windows10 pro n is not getting activated * Moved from msn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-n-is-not-getting-activated-on-pc/568936c0-88b4-45d0-8c0c-48c7da8ef0b6
  5. windows 10 pro n activation

windows 10 pro n activation: How can I solve windows 10 pro n activation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-n-activation/f8ea1ea8-1307-4ffd-81df-b567497ed644
  6. Windows 10 Pro N not activate key for PC

Windows 10 Pro N not activate key for PC: it's very good windows 10 for my and very good for you! Thank You! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-n-not-activate-key-for-pc/16cbb9ee-64d1-47d4-a9b5-45e72176aada
  7. Windows 10 Pro N Activation

Windows 10 Pro N Activation: Computer says that Windows is not activated. Says "We Can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organization's network and try again..." Error code: 0xC004F074 Doesn't make any...
  8. Activating Win 10 Pro N

Activating Win 10 Pro N: Hi There i can't activate my Win Pro N after i updated my motherboard Proc and videokart also i retrieved the key before i did the update but no result Help please...
  9. Windows 10 pro n error activation.

Windows 10 pro n error activation.: Okay, so I've been building and programing PCs for over Two years and ive never seen anything like my problem. this is the 6th time this has happened. My PC has Win10 pro and I bought it from Microsoft and when I activated the product, it worked fine, but here recently its...
  10. Windows 10 Pro N Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro N Activation: I recently downloaded a copy of the windows 10 iso from the microsoft website and chose to install Windows 10 Pro N. My issue at this point is trying to get it activated. I've bought activation keys but they refuse to work. Is the activation of this version of Windows region...