Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro on Windows 2k8r2 domain level GPO ?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro on Windows 2k8r2 domain level GPO ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, First off let me say thank you for all of the info that I have garnered from you all already by being a creeper. *Smile Now onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by manofsteel1980, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Pro on Windows 2k8r2 domain level GPO ?

Hello everyone,
    First off let me say thank you for all of the info that I have garnered from you all already by being a creeper. *Smile

Now onto my question. I have been tasked with looking into taking our current PC OS level from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro or Ent. Now I work for a public library and 2/3rd's of our PC's are for public usage and they are locked down with domain GPO's. Now we are currently running at a Windows 2k8r2 domain functional level and I am sure that there are some new things that won't be supported in GPO, but should all of our Win7/2k8 user profile lock-downs still work, or because Win10 is it's own animal do we need to get our domain level up to at least Win2k12 level system-wide and just build new GPO's from scratch?

I am asking this because I just started testing with Win10 on vm's about a month ago locking a test profile down with our current setup of Win 7 GPO's and it looks like there are quite a few things that don't appear to lock-down. i.e. the start menu and the tiles.
    The goal that we have and currently have on public facing machines is nothing but the icons that we put on the desktop (I.E., library and Office 2010 shortcuts, etc.) using redirected folders. The start menu is completely blank except for the start button and the restart button. No right click, run cmd access, etc.

So I am turning to experts before I spend a ton of time spinning my wheels for use. Please feel free to ask me questions, if you need more info. And thanks in advance. Joe

:)

manofsteel1980, Jun 14, 2017

2. Group policy "Allow cortana = disabled" not working

Using 10 pro on a domain.

Yesterday my domain admin set "allow Cortana = disabled" in GPO - my client picked it up correctly and Cortana refused to work.

This morning it's working again. The GPO hasn't changed ("Allow Cortana" is still "Disabled") and GPResult shows that setting being implemented... But Cortana's not disabled.

Any ideas?

GaryMuston, Jun 14, 2017
  3. Domain users that already have member of Local Administrators group can't open Edge, Calc and etc.

I join Windows 10 Pro in to our Domain.

I grant his domain user in member of Local Administrator group on his machine and set GPO and registry as below.

After restart his laptop, he can't do anything, Edge, Calc and etc. can't open relate in UAC.

Please help me fix.

Pakkapong Sittapanich, Jun 14, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro on Windows 2k8r2 domain level GPO ?

1. Windows 10 Pro on Windows 2k8r2 domain level GPO ? - Similar Threads - Pro 2k8r2 domain

2. TEAP GPO on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TEAP GPO on Windows 10: Hello everyone, Let me explain my issue.I configured a GPO to apply 802.3x "settings" Computer Configuration, Policies, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Wired Network IEEE 802.3 Policies with "Microsoft: EAP-TEAP" as a Network Authentication method: Long story short:...
  3. Domain GPO does not applied to domain computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain GPO does not applied to domain computers: Dear friendsDo you know the difference between below setting when we define GPO for domain computers?1. Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Event log Service\ => we can define event log behavior to override old logs.2. Computer Configuration...
  4. Domain GPO does not applied to domain computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain GPO does not applied to domain computers: Dear friendsDo you know the difference between below setting when we define GPO for domain computers?1. Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Event log Service\ => we can define event log behavior to override old logs.2. Computer Configuration...
  5. Windows 10 Pro in domain - Impossible to change language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro in domain - Impossible to change language: Hello, I am an IT in our company and I have really weird problem on my notebook HP ProBook 450 G7. I have Windows 10 pro connected to our local domain. When I want to switch language from CZ to en-US I download the package and than select it as my display language, but the...
  6. GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have applied a GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper but the policy has been already taken by computer , but the wallpaper is not coming in User logon screen. We have Windows 10 Pro operating system. Can you please help regarding this....
  7. Bitlocker encryption level not syncing with GPO settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker encryption level not syncing with GPO settings: I have a weird issue, it happens with each laptop I deploy when encrypting via Bitlocker. I have set GPO encryption level to XTS-AES 256. I have a very simple build for deployment so my process is pull out of box, join to domain, move computer to proper OU, turn on...
  8. Upgrading domain joined Windows 7 Pro PC's to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading domain joined Windows 7 Pro PC's to Windows 10 Pro: We have win 7 pro in our organization which is legitimate and we want to upgrade them to windows 10 pro , is that option available at this point ? If so, how do we upgrade them to windows 10 ? Is that option available from wsus server or group policy ? ***Original title:...
  9. Windows 10 Pro - Migrate profiles to a new domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro - Migrate profiles to a new domain: Hi, We are thinking in create a new domain for our enterprise. Our desktops (Windows 7 and Windows 10 Pro) are joined to the actual domain. Migrate user, computer and groups from Active Directory Users and Computers is easy. But, how can we migrate desktop profiles? As...
  10. Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I've recently updated to the newest free download of Audacity using Windows 10 Pro. Everything works in the software with exception that the record level adjuster doesn't do anything when moving it around. Not sure if making some changes on the presets in Audacity...