Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro PIA - The 1709 Creators Update Is A Pile Of "Code".

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro PIA - The 1709 Creators Update Is A Pile Of "Code". in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Lenovo T530 with Windows 10 PRO, was running version 1709 (whether I wanted to or not).*Mad My task bar start button was broke. Repaired it several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BobHelms, Feb 18, 2018.

1. BobHelms Win User

Windows 10 Pro PIA - The 1709 Creators Update Is A Pile Of "Code".

Lenovo T530 with Windows 10 PRO, was running version 1709 (whether I wanted to or not).*Mad My task bar start button was broke. Repaired it several times with the re-install of windows programs from the admin power shell. I gave up and fell back to a 6 month old clone of my SSD running 1607. I am seriously considering going back to Windows 7 and was wondering if anyone has already done that? I have 1709 choked off with the the 'gpedit.msc' circumvention and the maintenance is backing up. I wonder if MS has ever heard of stability? Any advice / comments on starting over with Windows 7 would be greatly appreciated. TIA for any help I can get.

:)

BobHelms, Feb 18, 2018
  2. EhNaww Win User

Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Constant High CPU Usage from System, ICS, Firewall, CoreMessaging and Filter Motor

Same here on Surface Pro 4. Started after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) update came in. I had not turned "Defer updates" back on. Oops.

EhNaww, Feb 18, 2018
  3. jim93 Win User
    Update 1709 will not install

This Fall Creators update 1709 just repeating "restart" over and over. Viewed update history and build 1709 isn't there to uninstall, so I could try once more. I have a Dell XPS 8900, running Windows 10 Pro.

jim93, Feb 18, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

I have both, W10 (insider version) and W7 on same machine and find better stability with W10. Can't say what your problem is but going back to W7 is easy enough but no guarantees it would work better. If you are sure you can find drivers for W7 for your laptop, just get W7 and do clean install deleting all OS and BOOT partitions. If you had W7 with license use it, if not buy one. That's all it takes.

CountMike, Feb 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro PIA - The 1709 Creators Update Is A Pile Of "Code". - Similar Threads - Pro PIA 1709

2. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  3. Question About Creator's Update 1709 Not Completing

Question About Creator's Update 1709 Not Completing: I was getting popups to install this newest creator's update #1709, but I kept closing them until I was ready to do it, and planned to keep my computer on all night for the update. I've been ready to do it for a week now and haven't gotten any popups, which I was getting...
  4. Windows 10 Creator Update 1709 hangs at 33% during reboot

Windows 10 Creator Update 1709 hangs at 33% during reboot: I have a Dell XPS L501X laptop that has been working very well with windows 10, until the latest upgrade. My desktop generally has the issues with Microsoft upgrades but this time it did the upgrade just fine and my laptop is having the issues. I’ve tried all of the advice...
  5. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 - Sound HDMI issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 - Sound HDMI issue: After updating to 1709 the sound to my AV reciever cuts off randomly all the time. Its connected with HMDI from my gpu (nvidia 980ti), and I've never had this problem. I've tried deleting drivers, updating them. I did a roll back to 1703 and everything was workig fine. Its...
  6. Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop: After upgrading window 10 to the Fall UC, i'm having some problems with remote desktop: two pc both with 1709: Sometimes the login stuck and i only see the login image with the user icon but it does not enter the descktop, some other times it ask for password again, it...
  7. Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues: I am having issues updating from 1703 to 1709, and I could use some help. I used the native Windows Update tool to download 1709. I restarted my computer when prompted to begin the installation. I got about a quarter of the way through the installation when I got a blue...
  8. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Pro/Business, version 1709 coming soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Pro/Business, version 1709 coming soon: As we previously announced, Windows 10, version 1709 (also known as the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update) will be available worldwide on October 17th, 2017. For IT organizations, that means that Windows 10, version 1709 will be available on the 17th on all relevant...
  9. Rumor: Fall Creators Update is Windows 10 version 1709

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor: Fall Creators Update is Windows 10 version 1709: it appears that Microsoft has referenced the version number for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in related documentation. A blog post (first spotted by WZor) related to the the Policy device description framework (DDF) file in Windows mentions "Windows 10, version...
  10. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available: I’m happy to announce the Fall Creators Update (version 1709) is fully available for all compatible devices running Windows 10 worldwide! Full availability is the final phase of our rollout process. When a new feature update is released, we begin by targeting a select set of...