Windows 10: Windows 10 pro PIN working but password is not

Discus and support Windows 10 pro PIN working but password is not in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; To start, I purchased the game Forza Horizon 3, which required me to link my email with my windows 10 account, which I did. After this I added a pin... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GrannyBucker, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Windows 10 pro PIN working but password is not

To start, I purchased the game Forza Horizon 3, which required me to link my email with my windows 10 account, which I did. After this I added a pin password to my account. Shortly after, I removed the email link and made the windows back to a local account. After attempting to change the password is when I noticed the problem.
    P.S I know the password is correct, as I had it written down in a notebook and I am the only one who uses the computer/with access.

:)

GrannyBucker, Jun 16, 2017

2. Windows 10 Sign in With Pin not working

Windows 10 Sign in With Pin not working

I'm Using Windows 10 Pro in my Dell Inspiron 13-7359 Two in One PC. It is Windows 10 Pro Build 14393. My Pin Sign in not working Some day earlier after updating Windows 10 pro from windows update in setting. I went to setting and sign in option and select
    add under PIN. It asked for my MS Account password. After I entered my MS Account password another window came showing "We need to verify your identity" and ask for my pin. As I enter my previous pin the window disappear and nothing happen. I tried different
    pin also with no luck. Yet no PIN Sign in option in Lock screen. I tried several time. I was using PIN Sign in for almost one year. Now for some unknown reason it's not working. Please Help me to solve the issue. Thank You.

ehsanulamin, Jun 16, 2017
  3. how do i cancel password and pin in windows 10 pro

how do I cancel password and pin in windows 10 pro.

alexMitchell411, Jun 16, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 pro PIN working but password is not

If you go to settings and then accounts, what does your screen say? Is there a link to "Sign in with a local account instead"?

Windows 10 pro PIN working but password is not [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 16, 2017
  5. Afraid not, here's what comes up:

Windows 10 pro PIN working but password is not [​IMG]

GrannyBucker, Jun 16, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jun 16, 2017
  7. This worked, thank you very much. Hope this shows up for anyone else with the same problem.

GrannyBucker, Jun 17, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Glad it worked for you!

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 pro PIN working but password is not - Similar Threads - pro PIN working

2. Pin not found and password not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not found and password not working: I turn on my pc and somehow it said something wrong pin not found. Have try many ways and the best method is hold shift and restart but when it's all done I have to login to my windows account with my password that somehow wrong even though it was correct in here. I also have...
  3. PIN not available, password not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN not available, password not working: My home computer, Lenovo ThinkPad Microsoft windows 10 - it will not allow me access. At its home page states: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. When I attempt to click on Set up my PIN - I'm unable/nothing occursWhen I attempt...
  4. My pin and windows password not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pin and windows password not working: Hello, I need some help, my pin is not working pin no longer available due to a change to the security settings os this device and when I click set up pin it doesn't work either the user profile service failed the sign-in and my correct password is not working for my windows...
  5. My pin and windows password not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pin and windows password not working: Hello, I need some help, my pin is not working pin no longer available due to a change to the security settings os this device and when I click set up pin it doesn't work either the user profile service failed the sign-in and my correct password is not working for my windows...
  6. My pin and windows password not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. No password pin don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No password pin don't work: Hello please help . I installed the latest update it was bsod or something. On my HP pavilion 15 gaming laptop. Everytime I turn on my PC and try to sign it It says pin is no longer avalible due to change of security settings in this device. I press setup my pin and it said...
  8. Windows 10 Pro change from PIN to Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro change from PIN to Password: I just got a new computer with Windows 10 Professional. In setting it up I created a PIN. I don't recall setting a password. I'm pretty sure I didn't. I now want to use a software application that requires a password, not a PIN. Using my PIN to access the account, I go...
  9. Is a PIN or password mandatory in Windows 10 Pro?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is a PIN or password mandatory in Windows 10 Pro?: Is a PIN or password mandatory in Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-pin-or-password-mandatory-in-windows-10-pro/c5491a43-2c29-40a3-bbad-7b3c2cdcf0ba"
  10. remove pin and password for windows 10 pro sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove pin and password for windows 10 pro sign in: I tried the method i found on the web to remove password / pin but it doesn't work, all it does it make it so i have to type in password and than set up pin again. 1. type netplwiz 2. unclick the "user must enter a username and password to use this computer" 3. click apply...