Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro powers on itself every day at 6 a.m.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro powers on itself every day at 6 a.m. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, they are almost two months I'm stumbling with this issue. I've searched and tried all possible solutions - or at least I think I did. This is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DrLightman, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Pro powers on itself every day at 6 a.m.

Hello, they are almost two months I'm stumbling with this issue. I've searched and tried all possible solutions - or at least I think I did. This is my last resort.

Last stuff I tried, were the suggestions made HERE

A note about that complex command on PowerShell, it returned this:

I can't take this anymore. I find it useful to put the PC on sleep or hibernation because I have a lot applications open for work and I find it useful not having to close all down every day and reopen the next day. But lately, either I put the PC on sleep, hibernation or even I shut it down, it wakes up 95% of the times at 6 a.m.

:)

DrLightman, Oct 4, 2015

2. Someone gained access to the live id I use for my WP7, Xbox live, and Zune. they changed the actual live id name and now I cannot update any of my apps on WP7. How can I fix this?

I think your best course of action is to call the Zune support line to get some assistance: 1-877-GET-ZUNE (1-877-438-9863) [Available seven days a week, from 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time. In the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, hours are from 9:00
    A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Pacific Time.]

Julie fka profjulie, Oct 4, 2015
  3. auto power off?

Hi,

I am an ex-Panasonic mobile user that has recently switched to a Nokia 5310. One of the things I really liked about the Panasonic (GD-92) phone was that it had the capacity to automatically power off at a certain time, e.g. 2 a.m., every day.

I'm wondering is there an application out there that I can download that will switch off the phone at a certain time of day?

Thanks,

Garret

grater---01, Oct 4, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Windows 10 Pro powers on itself every day at 6 a.m.

If it's starting up at the same time every day, then it sounds like the automatic maintenance is set for that time. I believe there is a forum sticky on that somewhere.

Kanata, Oct 4, 2015
  5. Scheduled manteinance is one of the first thing that I disabled.

Windows 10 Pro powers on itself every day at 6 a.m. [​IMG]

DrLightman, Oct 4, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    OK, so it's not that then. Also I would not leave the auto maintenance disabled otherwise you will miss out on other important maintenance tasks.
    Were you able to check the Windows event logs and see what is reported at that time of day?
    Also run the command: powercfg /waketimers

Kanata, Oct 4, 2015
  7. Manteinance is enabled, it's just that I don't let it to reactivate the PC at a desired time.

In the event log I found this corresponding at 6:04 a.m. , 4 minutes after the last magical power on (sorry it's in italian):

As fot the waketimers:

DrLightman, Oct 8, 2015
  8. mopar3 Win User

Me to, here is what I found. My Dell with Win 7 would boot up every day at 6:00 A.M. After doing everything I could think of I went into the BIOS, sure enough it was set to boot at 6:00 A.M. I deleted it, everything has been fine since.

mopar3, Oct 8, 2015
  9. Couldn't find such an option in my ASRock H97M/ITX BIOS. *Sad

DrLightman, Oct 8, 2015
  10. DustSailor, Oct 8, 2015
  11. Try this, run CMD as admin and enter:

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Diagnosis\Scheduled" /Disable

TairikuOkami, Oct 8, 2015
  12. Done, let see if it works.

Lately, I've been forced to leave the PC on, better than being woken up in the middle of the night.

DrLightman, Oct 13, 2015
  13. Windows 10 Pro powers on itself every day at 6 a.m.

But I found the option

"RTC Alarm Power ON" set to "By OS"

Changed to "disabled". I think this is my last chance.

DrLightman, Oct 15, 2015
  14. Okay solved, found the culprit(s)

Intel Smart Connect Technology (boundled with the motherboard)
    Download Intel Smart Connect Technology

combined with the BIOS setting:

Advanced > Intel Smart Connect Technology = "Enabled"

and

another BIOS setting:

"RTC Alarm Power ON" = "By OS"

Solutions:

"Disabled" both BIOS settings
    Uninstalled the "Intel Smart Connect Technology" program from Windows

DrLightman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro powers on itself every day at 6 a.m. - Similar Threads - Pro powers itself

2. Surface Pro 6: SD card disconnects every time it uses a high computation power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 6: SD card disconnects every time it uses a high computation power: Greetings, I have a Surface Pro 6 running on Windows 10 Home, and because I'm running out of disk space, I'm using an SD card which I inserted in the card slot. I have some games as well as some code on it.The problem comes when a game or a code runs with a high power demand:...
  3. No BSOD Computer Restart itself on 1st day power on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No BSOD Computer Restart itself on 1st day power on: Since i replace my PSU in December 2020 i is running fine until February 2021. Corsair RM650 bnew. It usually occurs on 1st day power on. Last month i noticed that in event viewer my Drive E: has bad sector then i run check disk C: and E: then the error disappear. Im getting...
  4. SSD set to Retrim every month, but been Retrimming itself every day.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD set to Retrim every month, but been Retrimming itself every day.: submitted by /u/Codeboy3423 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m23ugf/ssd_set_to_retrim_every_month_but_been_retrimming/
  5. Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required: Over the years, I have always added a power on password to my laptops. This has always been set up in the BIOS. I am now the owner of a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 v20H2 [a lovely machine I might add] but have not been able to figure out how to set up a power on...
  6. Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required: Over the years, I have always added a power on password to my laptops. This has always been set up in the BIOS. I am now the owner of a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 v20H2 [a lovely machine I might add] but have not been able to figure out how to set up a power on...
  7. Taskbar locks itself - every stinking day!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar locks itself - every stinking day!: Windows 10 OS Build 18362.720 Everyday, without fail, my Taskbar locks itself. I right click on the taskbar and see that "Lock the taskbar" is UNchecked. I go into "Taskbar settings" and they are as in the attachment. The only way to get it to auto-hide is to restart the...
  8. Desktop powers on by itself every night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop powers on by itself every night: Every evening I SHUTDOWN, I do not sleep or hibernate. The next morning the computer is on. The system logs shows the power on happening at 12am everytime. I have tried all other solutions I can find but nothing works. I have checked or set the following and it still happens....
  9. Primary mouse button changes itself every day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Primary mouse button changes itself every day: I have two fairly new Dell Inspiron desktop computers running Windows 10. A few months ago, the primary mouse button started changing itself from left click to right click, on both desktop computers. This happens every single day and every single day I have to change the...
  10. Windows 10 Computer Powers itself On

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Computer Powers itself On: This problem starting occuring maybe 6 - 8 months ago. I will properly shutdown my computer and sometime during the night it will power on. I do not mean awaking from sleep. I mean actually starting up from shutdown. I don't know what is causing it or how to fx it. Can...