Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Re-install

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Re-install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro two years ago. My Windows Account shows that my laptop has Windows 10 Pro registered and has a set of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alastair G Scott, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Pro Re-install

I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro two years ago.

My Windows Account shows that my laptop has Windows 10 Pro registered and has a set of numbers which is probably a "digital entitlement."

My hard drive crashed and I replaced it, then used the OEM disks to re-install Windows 7 Pro on the new hard drive.

I have found it impossible to re-install Windows 10 Pro.

1. The installation procedure gives ABSOLUTELY NO choice to select "Windows 10 Pro", only a generic "Windows 10"

The information given on the Windows site is false.

2. The installation download takes hours and AFTER all of that time a validation is attempted, which give me the following message

"Setup has failed to validate the product key"

This has happened at each attempt. There is ABSOLUTELY NO screen during setup which requests or tells me anything about product key or digital entitlement. Why not attempt validation BEFORE the huge Gb download, and save time and bandwidth? And why am I receiving the message about failed validation?

Remember please that I am currently running on Windows 7 Pro.

:)

Alastair G Scott, Aug 28, 2018

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Aug 28, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Caring1 Win User

Windows 10 Pro Re-install

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Re-install

1. Windows 10 Pro Re-install - Similar Threads - Pro install

2. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  3. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  4. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...: I just installed windows from an OEM Windows 10 pro 64bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP ver.1909 system builder "kit" I bought back in 2019 but never used. Build date on it is 10/27/2019. It has an Part # code and COA barcode. With red seal that had to be broken to open it. Inside is the...
  5. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...: I just installed windows from an OEM Windows 10 pro 64bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP ver.1909 system builder "kit" I bought back in 2019 but never used. Build date on it is 10/27/2019. It has an Part # code and COA barcode. With red seal that had to be broken to open it. Inside is the...
  6. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app: I have now purchased 2 Windows 11 Pro licenses and have not been able to use either one. I have a Legion 7 Slim laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I have recently been digging into Power Automate through work and wanted to implement some flows into my normal day to day...
  8. How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app

How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app: I have now purchased 2 Windows 11 Pro licenses and have not been able to use either one. I have a Legion 7 Slim laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I have recently been digging into Power Automate through work and wanted to implement some flows into my normal day to day...
  9. Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro

Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro: I have done a repair install of Win10 Pro to try to address a recurring BSOD problem.I have started the update process to catch the operating system up to current. I've been doing "Restart and update" for about five hours now.When I try to look at Windows Update to see where...
  10. Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro: I have done a repair install of Win10 Pro to try to address a recurring BSOD problem.I have started the update process to catch the operating system up to current. I've been doing "Restart and update" for about five hours now.When I try to look at Windows Update to see where...