Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro reinstallation

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro reinstallation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I originally got my Windows 10 Pro as a free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro. If I want to reinstall Windows 10 Pro (from my downloaded DVD), What type of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nkoss, Mar 2, 2017.

1. nkoss Win User

Windows 10 Pro reinstallation

I originally got my Windows 10 Pro as a free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro. If I want to reinstall Windows 10 Pro (from my downloaded DVD), What type of activation code(s) do I need? I see that currently I have a Product ID shown on my Control Panel > System page.. But I never got an activation key like we used to have with Windows 7. Do I just need my original Windows 7 key?

:)

nkoss, Mar 2, 2017

2. Windows 10 reinstalled from windows 10 install disk went from Pro to Home

I obtained Windows 10 Pro from upgrading Windows 8.1 Pro. I created a windows 10 installation disk just in case.

I had to use it to completely reinstall my OS. after reinstalling all my applications I noticed I had windows 10 Home now. I should have Windows 10 Pro.

Please is there a way I can upgrade to Pro without paying the $99 or having to reinstall windows 8.1 pro and upgrade then reinstall all my apps again.

TyWiedrich, Mar 2, 2017
  3. newnow Win User
    Question About Repair Windows 10 pro

If I Reinstall Windows 10 pro for Repair with Media Creation Tool, it well going to be Windows 10 or Windows 10 pro

newnow, Mar 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You don't need a product key. It just knows. On the screen that asks for a product key click the link for "I don't have a product key."

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Also I advise OP downloads latest iso as it is likely dvd is old version, and it will get upgraded giving a double install. Also, it may be better to wait a few weeks for next version to avoid a triple install.

cereberus, Mar 3, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Your Windows 10 is activated with a Digital License, your hardware (the motherboard) has already been identified by Microsoft`s servers.

You can see that in Settings>Updates & Security>Activation

Just do as instructed and click skip or I don`t have a key during the install, and when you get online W10 will self activate.

Windows 10 - Clean Install

AddRAM, Mar 3, 2017
  7. nkoss Win User
    Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated

nkoss, Mar 3, 2017
  8. Windows 10 Pro reinstallation

When I tried to put an ultimate key when I was running Windows 7 professional it said that I couldn't do it. So in for Windows 10 could I put a key in for Windows 10 professional. When running Windows 10 home would it work?

hollyoaks777, Mar 7, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    A windows 7 ultimate key should work for windows 10 pro as that was the proper upgrade patch. It will not work for 10 home - you will need to upgrade to 10 pro first.

cereberus, Mar 7, 2017
  10. Thanks. I'm in 2 minds whether to go back to Windows 7 professional or go for Windows 10 professional. I don't really like 10 at all. Don't think 10 professional will be much more different. Would I get a forced update to 10 or would I be OK with 7 professional?

hollyoaks777, Mar 7, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    The days of forced upgrades and nagging to upgrade to Windows 10 are gone. You can run Windows 7 in peace now!

NavyLCDR, Mar 7, 2017
  12. Thanks NavyLCDR

hollyoaks777, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro reinstallation - Similar Threads - Pro reinstallation

2. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  3. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  4. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: After a hardware failure I did a complete reinstall of the system. No backup was available. Now Media Center will not Activate and Playready will not update.. 8.1 support ended, but I need t return to functionality....
  6. Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: After a hardware failure I did a complete reinstall of the system. No backup was available. Now Media Center will not Activate and Playready will not update.. 8.1 support ended, but I need t return to functionality....
  7. When upgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 11 Pro, will I need to reinstall my programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When upgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 11 Pro, will I need to reinstall my programs?: When upgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 11 Pro, will I need to reinstall my programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-upgrading-from-windows-11-to-windows-11-pro/7e5205aa-c833-4fe3-a08b-753beeefa1f1
  8. When upgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 11 Pro, will I need to reinstall my programs?

When upgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 11 Pro, will I need to reinstall my programs?: When upgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 11 Pro, will I need to reinstall my programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-upgrading-from-windows-11-to-windows-11-pro/7e5205aa-c833-4fe3-a08b-753beeefa1f1
  9. I recently reinstalled windows. ! was running and purchase Windows 10!11 Pro upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently reinstalled windows. ! was running and purchase Windows 10!11 Pro upgrade.: I recently reinstalled windows, it is now Windows 11 home edition.. ! was running and purchase Windows 10 / 11 Pro upgrade. How do we remedy this? My order is visible in Microsoft accounts....
  10. I recently reinstalled windows. ! was running and purchase Windows 10!11 Pro upgrade.

I recently reinstalled windows. ! was running and purchase Windows 10!11 Pro upgrade.: I recently reinstalled windows, it is now Windows 11 home edition.. ! was running and purchase Windows 10 / 11 Pro upgrade. How do we remedy this? My order is visible in Microsoft accounts....