Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently made a new windows 10 PC. However, I am unfortunately gaining severely low internet speeds in comparions to my old system. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VisualAudio, Jul 11, 2018 at 3:42 PM.

1. VisualAudio Win User

Hello, I have recently made a new windows 10 PC. However, I am unfortunately gaining severely low internet speeds in comparions to my old system.

I have moved the cable from one PC to the other, with my existing windows 7 PC getting over 100mb on speedtest, however with the same cable my windows 10 PC gets around 20mb on speedtest. (I'm currently on 200mb broadband)

I am in the middle of trying to set up the new Win 10 Pro PC, but can't because I can't download any large audio libraries due to these slow speeds (it accesses a download manager which must be installed on the windows 10). It's rendered me at a stand still as some of these files are in excess of 30GB.

I have ran through the troubleshooting help, and it confirms everything is operational.
    I have turned off the firewalls, and it makes no difference.
    I have turned off avast, it makes no difference.
    I have test a change in Limit reservable bandwidth, with no difference.
    Test with and without autotuning, no changes.

I am at an absolute loss here. Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

3. broken pixel Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Volume Key Licenses, find a way.

broken pixel, Jul 11, 2018 at 3:43 PM
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable - Similar Threads - Pro Slow Internet

2. Windows 10 Pro Update To v1803 Fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Update To v1803 Fails: I have two PCs, both Dell Precision 490 workstations, but with slightly different hardware configurations. My wife’s PC has only 2 disks (one SSD and one HDD) and 4GB of memory. My PC has 3 disks (2 SSDs and one HDD) and 16GB of memory and a webcam. Both were running the...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable: Hello, I have recently made a new windows 10 PC. However, I am unfortunately gaining severely low internet speeds in comparions to my old system. I have moved the cable from one PC to the other, with my existing windows 7 PC getting over 100mb on speedtest, however with the...
  4. WIn 10 10586 64 Pro Slow Share Access over SMB and ReadyNAS 516

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIn 10 10586 64 Pro Slow Share Access over SMB and ReadyNAS 516: I have a share mapped to my ReadyNAS 516 to all of my media over SMB. There are multiple directories in that share from small to large. Every time I access that share from Windows 10 I get the green progress bar and it takes forever to cache and populate explorer - even when...
  5. Heaven Benchmark results slow on Win 10 Pro 16179 Preview

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Heaven Benchmark results slow on Win 10 Pro 16179 Preview: Just installed a new Asus GTX 1070 DUAL o8g graphics card on my desktop. Desktop has 3 separate SSD's (each with its own OS) and the results of the Heaven bench mark in the new preview build 16179 are disappointing compared to Win 7 HP 64 bit and Win 10 Pro (not preview). The...
  6. Windows 10 Pro start up slow on SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro start up slow on SSD: I feel my work laptop is starting up quite slowly (sometimes, it gets to the login screen quite quick, but certainly not as fast as some on SSD - 10 to 15 secs). Are there any programs I can runt o determine what may be slowing it down. Sometimes it only takes a minute to...
  7. Slow Performance in Surface Pro 4 - Core i5 8GB

Slow Performance in Surface Pro 4 - Core i5 8GB: Sup guys! I'm resorting to this forum, because I know the caliber of people that roam around here. I have a Surface Pro 4 - i5 w/ 8GB of RAM, and it's been painfully slow to do basic tasks. Excel, Web Browsing , Opening the Task Manager takes a lot; mouse lag; and maybe...
  8. Windows 10 Pro running abnormally slow on Lenovo T420

Windows 10 Pro running abnormally slow on Lenovo T420: Greetings everyone, I am running Windows 10 Pro for almost 2 months now on my Lenovo T420 laptop. It's been running great until a couple of weeks ago where it dived bigtime in performance. I suspected it was a new 3rd party battery (had been running great for a couple of...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Slowing Down

Windows 10 Pro Slowing Down: Most of the time it performs well with no lag between doing something like typing & it appearing on the screen. However, every now & then after doing a number of big downloads it really slows down with seconds between typing & seeing the response on the screen. I seem...
  10. IP build 10130 Home to 10147 Pro w/new key - Slow/Fast Build issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IP build 10130 Home to 10147 Pro w/new key - Slow/Fast Build issues: Hi I just installed the Win 10 Home 64 Bit Insider Preview Build 10130 about a week ago and had issues with it not allowing any updates other than for some of my hardware drivers and MS Defender updates (I am aware of the KBXXXXX patch to address that, however didn't use...