Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently made a new windows 10 PC. However, I am unfortunately gaining severely low internet speeds in comparions to my old system. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VisualAudio, Jul 11, 2018.

1. VisualAudio Win User

Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable

Hello, I have recently made a new windows 10 PC. However, I am unfortunately gaining severely low internet speeds in comparions to my old system.

I have moved the cable from one PC to the other, with my existing windows 7 PC getting over 100mb on speedtest, however with the same cable my windows 10 PC gets around 20mb on speedtest. (I'm currently on 200mb broadband)

I am in the middle of trying to set up the new Win 10 Pro PC, but can't because I can't download any large audio libraries due to these slow speeds (it accesses a download manager which must be installed on the windows 10). It's rendered me at a stand still as some of these files are in excess of 30GB.

I have ran through the troubleshooting help, and it confirms everything is operational.
    I have turned off the firewalls, and it makes no difference.
    I have turned off avast, it makes no difference.
    I have test a change in Limit reservable bandwidth, with no difference.
    Test with and without autotuning, no changes.

I am at an absolute loss here. Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

VisualAudio, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 11, 2018
  3. broken pixel Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Volume Key Licenses, find a way.

broken pixel, Jul 11, 2018
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable - Similar Threads - Pro Slow Internet

2. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Slow Ethernet Networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Slow Ethernet Networking: I measure 43 Mbps download and upload with Speedof.me from a Intel I210 Gigabit NIC on a wired network. Other Windows 10 machines I plug into the port see 200 Mbps. Things I've tried to remedy: 1. I've run all the Windows 10 troubleshoots and no problems detected. 2....
  3. Ethernet cable unplugged

Ethernet cable unplugged: Hello guys i am having problem with my Ethernet connection. When i connect the cable to the computer nothing happend and if i try to do a troubleshoot it say that there is no calbe pluged. I bought the cable 6 hours ago so it is a new one. The think is i press to reset the...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable

Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable: Hello, I have recently made a new windows 10 PC. However, I am unfortunately gaining severely low internet speeds in comparions to my old system. I have moved the cable from one PC to the other, with my existing windows 7 PC getting over 100mb on speedtest, however with the...
  5. Windows 10 x64 slow internet connection problem (Ethernet)

Windows 10 x64 slow internet connection problem (Ethernet): Hello guys, I recently upgraded my Windows 10 32bit to 64bit and have noticed that my internet speed has dropped dramatically. After hours of trying solutions online I could not seem to find out what the problem was. On 32bit my internet was fine downloading around 700kb/s...
  6. Best CAT Ethernet Cable For my internet?

Best CAT Ethernet Cable For my internet?: Hello all, I have a at&t u-verse router that is the model NVG589, Motorola My question is: I game on my PC a lot and would like to know, what is the best CAT cable to get that my internet box can support? 66265
  7. Streaming Media Performance Windows 10 Pro v. 7 Ultimate??

Streaming Media Performance Windows 10 Pro v. 7 Ultimate??: is there any significant diff in Media Streaming performance Windows 10 Pro vs. Windows 7 Ultimate? the machine in question is a hardware raid config being used to store/stream media for other users on the small LAN. anyone seen both or before/after and is there any big...
  8. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!
  9. My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable

My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable: I just got my first pc and I turned it on and I tried connecting it to the internet, there was no routers showing up so I troubleshooted and it said I didn't have an Ethernet cable plugged in but aren't I supposed to be able to connect wirelessly? It's a modern gaming...
  10. New Ethernet Cabling, no connection

New Ethernet Cabling, no connection: Hi, I just had ethernet cabling done in my house from the router under the floorboards into my room which evidently doesn't work. Stupidly I didn't get the guy who did the job to check it and I don't want to call him out if it's just a software issue. He also installed a...