Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently made a new windows 10 PC. However, I am unfortunately gaining severely low internet speeds in comparions to my old system. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VisualAudio, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable

Hello, I have recently made a new windows 10 PC. However, I am unfortunately gaining severely low internet speeds in comparions to my old system.

I have moved the cable from one PC to the other, with my existing windows 7 PC getting over 100mb on speedtest, however with the same cable my windows 10 PC gets around 20mb on speedtest. (I'm currently on 200mb broadband)

I am in the middle of trying to set up the new Win 10 Pro PC, but can't because I can't download any large audio libraries due to these slow speeds (it accesses a download manager which must be installed on the windows 10). It's rendered me at a stand still as some of these files are in excess of 30GB.

I have ran through the troubleshooting help, and it confirms everything is operational.
    I have turned off the firewalls, and it makes no difference.
    I have turned off avast, it makes no difference.
    I have test a change in Limit reservable bandwidth, with no difference.
    Test with and without autotuning, no changes.

I am at an absolute loss here. Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

VisualAudio, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Tweaks

Volume Key Licenses, find a way.

broken pixel, Jul 11, 2018
  4. mixa Win User

Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable

1. Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable - Similar Threads - Pro Slow Internet

2. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  3. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  4. Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads: I'm running Win 10 Pro on a ThinkPad 430T i5 CPU, connected to my router via ethernet LAN. The router is directly connected to a cable modem. The internet service is from Charter/Spectrum and is provisioned to be maximum 400 Mbps down and 20Mbps up. Running speedtest.net on...
  5. Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads: I'm running Win 10 Pro on a ThinkPad 430T i5 CPU, connected to my router via ethernet LAN. The router is directly connected to a cable modem. The internet service is from Charter/Spectrum and is provisioned to be maximum 400 Mbps down and 20Mbps up. Running speedtest.net on...
  6. Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Ethernet network cable unplugged message on Windows 10 Pro

Ethernet network cable unplugged message on Windows 10 Pro: I recently received this message and noticed the data transmission light no longer flickering in the Ethernet port on my Dell Optiplex 9010 AIO. Opening the network properties on the installed IntelR 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection indicates “This device is working...
  8. Ethernet cable not detected on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet cable not detected on Windows 10.: Hey, so I have problems with connecting my ethernet cable to my pc, but it works fine on my PS4. When plugged into PC, it just says its unplugged, anyone know the cause or fix for this? submitted by /u/Real_Phase_1828 [link] [comments]...
  9. Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet

Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet: I logged onto my PC this morning and noticed I had no internet. I used another ethernet cable and they both did not work. I looked up some solutions and tried doing ipconfig/release and /renew but it says “No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable

Windows 10 Pro Slow Internet v Windows 7 - Same Ethernet cable: Hello, I have recently made a new windows 10 PC. However, I am unfortunately gaining severely low internet speeds in comparions to my old system. I have moved the cable from one PC to the other, with my existing windows 7 PC getting over 100mb on speedtest, however with the...