Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro start up slow on SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro start up slow on SSD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I feel my work laptop is starting up quite slowly (sometimes, it gets to the login screen quite quick, but certainly not as fast as some on SSD - 10 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TenneR, Feb 11, 2018.

1. TenneR Win User

Windows 10 Pro start up slow on SSD

I feel my work laptop is starting up quite slowly (sometimes, it gets to the login screen quite quick, but certainly not as fast as some on SSD - 10 to 15 secs).

Are there any programs I can runt o determine what may be slowing it down. Sometimes it only takes a minute to get to login, but once in, there are a load of programs running.

It's a decent spec system running on NVMe.

:)

TenneR, Feb 11, 2018

2. Messed with Bios settings. Please Help

I Changed BIOS OS mode selection setting from CSM to "UEFI and Legacy." Now laptop boots to blank screen. No bios splash screen. I hear the optical drive being recognize and the fans turn on. Fans intermittently
    speed up and slow down.

Samsung NP365E5C-S05US with Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit installed on an SSD. Bios version P07ABF.

-unplugged ac adapter and battery, pressed power button to drain system, reconnected and still nothing

-tried putting a windows 10 pro, 8, and 7 installation disk in. I can hear drive spinning but still blank screen

-tried f2 f8 f12 at start up but no response

-popped out ssd and tried rebooting, nothing

I made a stupid mistake. Guys please help me!

jstevens19822, Feb 11, 2018
  3. Restore Back From Windows 10 To (Window 8.1 / Windows 7)

I wonder if I can restore my computer to out of the box condition thereby wiping out Windows 10? Thoughts

I have a very powerful Boxx Laptop with an SSD...after the update from 7 Pro my computer crashes, starts and runs inconsistently and is extremely slow. I'm honestly shocked!

MichaelBoice, Feb 11, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

Drivers and startup programs don't always load in same order and One drive may be syncing. Surefire method for speeding up system start is to minimize number of programs that start automatically. Most of them could be started manually only when needed.

CountMike, Feb 11, 2018
  5. Steve C Win User
    Use Autoruns to stop programs / tasks / services loading at startup you don't need and check you have no disks connected other than your system drive having an active partition which can slow / confuse the boot process. All my SSD based PCs boot from cold within 15 secs.

Steve C, Feb 11, 2018
  6. Faith Win User
    Just to clarify, you have long startup times from the Windows login screen to the actual window and not during the Windows boot process (logo) or POST? You say there's load of programs running, surely some of them are causing it. You can open startup under task manager and start deactivating programs on launch to see if the time improves.

Faith, Feb 11, 2018
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro start up slow on SSD - Similar Threads - Pro start slow

2. slow Windows 10 start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    slow Windows 10 start up: Hi.I have a desktop with a DDR and an SSD. The DDR memory is small and was full. The SSD had almost nothing on it.I moved all my files really just music and documents from the DDR to the SSD.My computer used to boot up in seconds, and now it takes a much longer. It seems to...
  3. slow Windows 10 start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow Windows 10 start up: Hi.I have a desktop with a DDR and an SSD. The DDR memory is small and was full. The SSD had almost nothing on it.I moved all my files really just music and documents from the DDR to the SSD.My computer used to boot up in seconds, and now it takes a much longer. It seems to...
  4. slow Windows 10 start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow start up !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow start up !!: It must be the age old question "Why is my Windows 10 PC slow to start" ? I have had my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP about 7/8 years now and it is highly maintained. I check for updates each morning, I have little or nothing in my start up programmes, no background apps running apart...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 is slow starting up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 20H2 is slow starting up: Hello,I run Windows 10 20H2 but find that it is very slow starting up,I checked misconfg and untick any thing that I did not need starting up But still find that I still have the issue.Thanks...
  7. Slow start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow start up: I am having major issues with occasional slow start up with windows 10. Does this have to do with updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-start-up/77889e81-2666-48f5-bdcb-b03d7306799c
  8. Windows 10 Slow Start-up

Windows 10 Slow Start-up: Hello, I have an HP Envy Notebook 17 -n152sa and I have Windows 10. My problem is that I have a very slow boot time - 2 minutes and 10 seconds. During which a HP logo will come up then a blank black screen for 2 minutes before I reach the login screen. It has taken me to...
  9. windows 10 slow to start up

windows 10 slow to start up: windows 10 is taking ages to start up. its like having my old pc back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-slow-to-start-up/4a522db0-9e09-49a1-8a8c-6d895124f8e9
  10. Windows 10 slow start up with SSD, WPR provided

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 slow start up with SSD, WPR provided: Hi Folks My windows 10 i5,8gig, 256g ssdcomputer suddenly started to take 3 minutes to start up even on restart. I have ran antivirus, boot process viewer, malware byte but to no avail. Attached is my WPR, any guidance is appreciated (I dont know how to read the WPR even...