Windows 10: Windows 10 pro to Enterprise

Discus and support Windows 10 pro to Enterprise in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I have windows 7 professional. I did the the free upgrade to windows 10. I have HD images of both, so can switch between them. Apparently this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ianmozzy, Jul 19, 2016.

1. ianmozzy Win User

Windows 10 pro to Enterprise

Hello
    I have windows 7 professional.
    I did the the free upgrade to windows 10.
    I have HD images of both, so can switch between them. Apparently this ifs fine but cannot run both at once.

I am thinking of upgrading my windows 10 professional to enterprise.
    The reason is simple. I want to turn off all telemetry & tracking.
    I understand the enterprise version lets you do this. Is that correct?
    Can the enterprise version turn off the updates?

How is this done and what exactly would the cost be?

Thanks

:)

ianmozzy, Jul 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 Enterprise

Is it advisable to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise.

Is Windows 10 enterprise edition provide better security features than Pro?

Which Enterprise edition is better ? E3 or E5?

Shibu Varughese, Jul 19, 2016
  3. Installed the wrong version of windows 10 and cant activate

Originally I had windows 8 pro, then upgraded to 8.1 pro. when I upragded to windows 10 I upgraded to windows 10 enterprise by accident using the an ISO file. I thought enterprise was just the new name for pro. Obviously now I cant activate windows because
    I have a product key for pro not enterprise. So I think I need to reinstall windows 8 pro from the disc then upgrdae to 8.1 pro then 10 pro.

My question is with windows 10 enterprise installed if I install windows 8 from the disc will it delete all my files and programs?

dfatSalmon, Jul 19, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

You have two options to get Windows 10 Enterprise legally. First one is to contact a Microsoft Partner reseller for acquiring Volume Licenses, I believe the minimum of licenses you have to buy at the moment is 5. You can try to get an exact price quota at Microsoft License Advisor

More information about Volume Licensing: Microsoft Volume Licensing

The second option is to what was earlier called an MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) subscription, today it's known as Visual Studio Subscription. To get Windows 10 Enterprise licenses (each subscription gives you multiple licenses) you need Visual Studio Professional with MSDN subscription plan which costs $1,199 for the first year and thereafter $799 per year.

More about VS subscriptions: How to buy Visual Studio

5. ianmozzy Win User
    Thanks for the info.
    Looks like it will be cheaper to invest in a laptop for everything important & router software maybe a KVM switch. Obviously all using free linux based software of course.
    I guess the windows 10 machine will eventually be gaming only when I need directx12.
    Of course the router will be employed to block the telemetry a much as practical.
    When I am confident all the telemetry completely is blocked then I may use windows 10 for important stuff.
    All traffic to/from the gaming machine will be watched closely.
    Blocking the windows 7 telemetry it seems is straight forward.

ianmozzy, Jul 19, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just curious - you are so concerned about your data on your computer remaining private. Do you plan on keeping the data that you consider sensitive on that computer only? In other words, do you do anything online such as online banking, bill paying, ordering any kind of products and sending payment info? Renewing driver's license or auto registration/license plates? Heck, even logging onto this forum with a username and password is sharing information. How do you know what the security level of the computer is that you are sending data to? Do you ever share any of that type of information over the phone by voice? How do you know what they are doing with that info? Likely they are sitting there typing that info into their computer? Even if you go to the bank and do transactions in person, they are typing your info into a computer.

NavyLCDR, Jul 19, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 19, 2016
  8. ianmozzy Win User

I have had an email account hacked before. It could have cost me a lot if I did not act. Also other issues with viruses as many people have. I am aware that anything put on forums is public. There is the cost to consider in terms of privacy and money. All I can do is secure things as much as practical at my end. I see it as a little effort now to avoid a lot of potential grief later.

ianmozzy, Jul 20, 2016
  9. ianmozzy Win User
    Thanks for the info. May be useful. Updates are important to plug security holes. The problem is in doing that, the update may cause other privacy issues. As for windows my windows 7, stalling updates until July 30th. Also a benefit is that I learn a lot about computer networks.

ianmozzy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 pro to Enterprise - Similar Threads - pro Enterprise

2. can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?: can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-downgrade-windows-10-enterprise-to-windows/3bb5f55c-60f1-4c33-9fbf-b4b4c9453116
  3. can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?: can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-downgrade-windows-10-enterprise-to-windows/3bb5f55c-60f1-4c33-9fbf-b4b4c9453116
  4. can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  6. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  7. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I downgrade Windows 11 Enterprise Evaluation to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I downgrade Windows 11 Enterprise Evaluation to Windows 11 Pro?: I tried generic keys to downgrade/activate my windows 11 following this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-11-enterprise-to-windows-11-pro/9b3f8f5b-4767-494b-a2fe-b700f2cd0504 but they are just saying they are invalid...
  9. How do I downgrade Windows 11 Enterprise Evaluation to Windows 11 Pro?

How do I downgrade Windows 11 Enterprise Evaluation to Windows 11 Pro?: I tried generic keys to downgrade/activate my windows 11 following this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-11-enterprise-to-windows-11-pro/9b3f8f5b-4767-494b-a2fe-b700f2cd0504 but they are just saying they are invalid...
  10. How to windows 11 enterprise subscription to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to windows 11 enterprise subscription to pro: Hi Dave, I am try windows 11 pro key reinter activate but same windows 11 enterprise subscription only i am change key also pls helpe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-windows-11-enterprise-subscription-to-pro/cfcad934-0448-4290-8d00-ef5d970b742f