Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Upgrade missing folders and locks up

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Upgrade missing folders and locks up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I upgraded 2 computers to Windows 10 Pro. One being my laptop - the laptop is now missing my Pictures Folder (looked in Windows Old File not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AprilN, Sep 26, 2016.

1. AprilN Win User

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade missing folders and locks up

So I upgraded 2 computers to Windows 10 Pro.

One being my laptop - the laptop is now missing my Pictures Folder (looked in Windows Old File not there)

Second being a desktop - Nothing missing but whenever I open Outlook or any browser I can't type and it goes straight to not responding.

These are both computers I use for work any help would be awesome.

:)

AprilN, Sep 26, 2016

2. Failed windows 10 update

For the last 5 days. I see the following in Windows Update History:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Failed Important 8/3/2015

What is failing?

Am upgrading from Win 7 Pro.

I have a 5.67GB folder C:\$Windows.~BT with 16,962 files in it, including setup.

What's missing?

PeppyLepew, Sep 26, 2016
  3. Upgrading to pro from window hom

okay I have window 10 home I go to upgrade it and click up to pro for 99 and it freezes store just locks up and nothing

brittanythomas68, Sep 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, Laptop: hope you've got a backup if that's the only folder you're missing. There are threads about missing folders.
    E.g. try
    Solved Missing folders from the folder - Windows 10 Forums
    (I searched the forum for
    missing folders
    )

Desktop: You could try booting to e.g. Safe Mode with Networking and see if there's any change. If so, suspect 3rd party program conflict.

Have you tried the new Edge browser too?

It's possible that having upgraded, you have inherited something which is incompatible.

I've no specific ideas on this, but if you simply search for
    browser I can't type
    the number of results is quite surprising.

dalchina, Sep 27, 2016
  5. AprilN Win User
    I found my folders they had been moved somewhere else (I do have a backup on an external)

As for the desktop nothing works not even safe mode, we have our IT guy coming to pick it up.

Was just trying to figure it out without being charged 125+ an hour lol.

I will post his remedy though once he figures it out so I can hopefully help anyone else who has this problem.

AprilN, Sep 27, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Regarding your desktop- if you have a full backup, and you have checked the manufacturer's list to see it is approved to run Windows 10, I would suggest you clean install Win 10 if reinstalling the programs isn't too onerous.

That way you'll be able to confirm if it runs Win 10.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade missing folders and locks up - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade missing

2. windows 10 pro missing folders after shutting down or restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 pro missing folders after shutting down or restarting: windows 10 pro missing folders after shutting down or restarting Hi there I followed many topics published online all attempt to solve the issue, but it seems to none of which solved the problem practically. I tried all possible ways and lastly I reinstalled the system not...
  3. Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders: Just a few days ago Paint Shop Pro 7 started going non-responsive when ever I go to open a file. All I do is click on open, and then try to search folders for a file. The program goes non responsive as soon as I try to switch folders. I have to go into Task Manager and stop...
  4. Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders: Just a few days ago Paint Shop Pro 7 started going non-responsive when ever I go to open a file. All I do is click on open, and then try to search folders for a file. The program goes non responsive as soon as I try to switch folders. I have to go into Task Manager and stop...
  5. Paint Shop Pro 7 locks up when searching folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. folder locked windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    folder locked windows 10: Hi, I recently discovered on of my folders is locked, example below : All files in that folder have a yellow padlock icon in the right upper corner. It cant be opened no matter what i try. Ive tried a lot already. Acces denied. [ATTACH] im not 100% sure, but i must...
  7. Windows 10 Installation on MacBook Pro locks up and fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation on MacBook Pro locks up and fails: I've been having trouble installing Windows 10 Pro on my 2017 MacBook Pro running MacOS Catalina. I follow the Boot Camp Assistant instructions precisely, leaving aside 200 GB space for the Windows partition. Each time it boots up to the Windows partition and I get the...
  8. my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10: .I cant turn it off , the task bars dont show and the desktop just shows upgrading but stuck at 91%. I cant get it off or restart it. Please help...
  9. Folders missing after upgrade to 1511

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders missing after upgrade to 1511: Hello, Windows 10 on my PC last night upgraded itself to 1511. This morning, I noticed that when I open File Explorer that under "My PC" the folders and files in "Documents" have all disappeared. However, the files are still there and I can retrieve individual files by...
  10. Windows 10 locking up after recent hardware upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 locking up after recent hardware upgrade.: I recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and ram and evert since then i have been getting some very strange lock ups. They never happen when i am using the PC. It will only lock up after i have left it on overnight. When i wake up the screen is frozen and the keyboard and...