Windows 10: Windows 10 pro upgrade pack can not be used after a clean install

Discus and support Windows 10 pro upgrade pack can not be used after a clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So here is the situation, I have a dell desktop with OEM windows 10 HOME. Early this year, I purchased a windows 10 pro upgrade pack from Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by onthewestcost, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 pro upgrade pack can not be used after a clean install

So here is the situation, I have a dell desktop with OEM windows 10 HOME. Early this year, I purchased a windows 10 pro upgrade pack from Microsoft Store. Recently I decided to install a ssd to motherboard and move windows 10 to it. I did a clean install of windows on the ssd, but only the windows 10 HOME version is activated and there is no option for me to upgrade to the windows 10 pro even after I have signed in my microsoft account in Settings>> Accounts.

So called several times 855-801-0109, first time the representative hung up on me even before I could explain the situation. So is this how Microsoft treat your customers? awful...

Finally I got one guy willing to help, but he said "the upgrade pack can only be used once in your lifetime, that's why it's only $99. Since you have used it before, and now you did a hardware change, you have to re-buy the pack if you want a upgrade." He said this term (upgrade can be used only once) is stated in the agreement when people do the purchase. I cannot find the term again, so can not verify this.

So there is no way to restore my windows 10 pro? Now I just want to move the system from hdd to ssd, then the upgrade pro pack I bought before just disappears?

:)

onthewestcost, Aug 25, 2018

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Aug 25, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 pro upgrade pack can not be used after a clean install

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 pro upgrade pack can not be used after a clean install

1. Windows 10 pro upgrade pack can not be used after a clean install - Similar Threads - pro upgrade pack

2. 10 pro after a clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    10 pro after a clean install: I made a clean install Win 10 Pro but it only installed Win 10 home. How can I get Pro? I tried the process of changing product key with the key from before the clean install. Thanks...
  3. 10 pro after a clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    10 pro after a clean install: I made a clean install Win 10 Pro but it only installed Win 10 home. How can I get Pro? I tried the process of changing product key with the key from before the clean install. Thanks...
  4. 10 pro after a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I activate after clean install when using W10 upgrade ISO?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I activate after clean install when using W10 upgrade ISO?: I am in the process of updating my desktop to W10 from W7. I have installed W10, but it will not activate. Here are the steps I have taken. I downloaded the W10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool after entering my W7 license key. I did this about a year ago after seeing the...
  6. Windows 10 Home Laptop, upgraded to Pro and clean installs

Windows 10 Home Laptop, upgraded to Pro and clean installs: Hi, If I get a laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed, then upgrade it to Pro, what happens during a clean install? Will it install to Home with me having to upgrade to Pro again, each time I do a clean install? This will be a batch of machines for a business, with a...
  7. Windows 10 Pro to Education - Clean Install vs Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro to Education - Clean Install vs Upgrade: I recently received a key from my university for Windows 10 Education and want to upgrade my existing Win 10 Pro. Are there any benefits in doing a clean install straight from the Win 10 Education iso versus running an upgrade from Pro to Education? p.s. I ran a new...
  8. Clean Install after upgrade

Clean Install after upgrade: I got a legit copy of windows 7 and i did the update to windows 10, but my PC seems slow and it seems like there is a lot of junk and left over files... idk, i want to do a clean install, but i dont want to loose my genuine copy of windows. also, i have about 1tb of games...
  9. Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install

Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install: I've upgraded from Win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro x64 via the upgrade install. The system indicates the Win 10 install is activated. Presently, this install is to buggy. I intend to wipe the disk clean and perform a clean install via bootable USD flash drive and the downloaded...
  10. Windows 10 will not activate after upgrade / clean install?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not activate after upgrade / clean install?: Hey Guys I upgraded from 8.1 (genuine Sony Vaio ) using the media creation upgrade option, it installed and activated to windows 10 pro. I then used the same media creation tool to download the iso and used Rufus to put it onto a usb so that I could do a clean install....