Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Upgrade problem resolved.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Upgrade problem resolved. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new to this site but have had good experiences with Windows Eight Forums and I expect it will continue in Windows 10. I post this in the hope... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Yorky, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Yorky Win User

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade problem resolved.

Hi, I'm new to this site but have had good experiences with Windows Eight Forums and I expect it will continue in Windows 10.
    I post this in the hope it may help others who have the same problem.
    Allowing the auto-update was getting me nowhere and appeared to be stuck. After 24 hours of 'Failed Update' notices I used the Media Creation Tool (As advised in Tutorials - thank you) it took only some 30 minutes to download the Upgrade (using a 14Mg download). The actual installation took 59 minutes.
    I must say that my first impression is very good indeed and at the moment I'm just slowly finding my way through the changes.
    Hopefully this may help someone and they too have the same good result.
    Thank you.

:)

Yorky, Jul 30, 2015

2. Had windows 7 pro but upgrade only gave me Windows 10 home

I have the same problem.

I had/have Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8 Pro and then added free upgrades to 8.1.

I have been offered Windows 10 Home, and not Pro.

Please help resolve this issue.

Thanks

cris cross, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Beware Of Upgrading from Windows 10 preview to Windows 10 pro

Resolved had to contact help desk online and within minutes John C had it fixed it seems that by upgrading from Windows preview 10 to Windows 10 Pro is a mistake atm your best bet is to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro for less problems.

TracyLeeHoward67, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade problem resolved.

1. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade problem resolved. - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade problem

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 7 HP upgraded to Windows 10. Now I want upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro, but generic key is not accepted.slmgr /dli shows my translation from polish:Name: WindowsR, Core EditionDescription: WindowsR Operating System, OEM_DM channelPartial...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 7 HP upgraded to Windows 10. Now I want upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro, but generic key is not accepted.slmgr /dli shows my translation from polish:Name: WindowsR, Core EditionDescription: WindowsR Operating System, OEM_DM channelPartial...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem: I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Home and after making sure it was up to date I went to Settings/Update/Activation/Microsoft Store and purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade. I clicked Install on the Microsoft Store window and when done I got the following error. "We can't...
  6. Upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro problems

Upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro problems: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro on a USB drive. It has failed to install 3 times. I uninstalled unnecessary apps and disabled all anti virus software disconnected wireless internet and booted from USB drive after all updates were current. Sits at loading files for 4 hours...
  7. Problem with upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro

Problem with upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi, I bought a Dell Laptop one and half years ago which comes preinstalled with Windows 10 Home. On the month of October, 2019 I purchased Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store and my OS was smoothly upgraded. A few days back I reinstalled Windows 10 again in my machine with...
  8. windows 10 pro upgrade problem

windows 10 pro upgrade problem: I upgraded from windows 10 home edition to pro edition thru windows store. pc developed issues and now it has loaded win 10 home edition again and to upgrade to win 10 pro it asks for money again. I already paid and upgraded...
  9. Windows 10 Problems Resolved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Problems Resolved: Finally, after years of disastrous updates and issues with Windows 10, I have found a solution. I have been fortunate enough, because I have an old laptop running Windows 7, so when Windows 10 became unstable, I could always revert to my old trusty Windows 7 laptop....
  10. Problems with upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

Problems with upgrading to Windows 10 Pro: TL;DR The activation key I received doesn't work. Error code 0xc004f050 Context is as follows. I switched out my motherboard a while ago, which required me to get a new product key. I had previously been using Windows 10 Home, but I figured I'd upgrade to Windows 10 Pro...