Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Success!

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Success! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thanks for all the help on this site! Was able to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Win10 Pro (Activated) without any major problems. Had to force the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MickD, Aug 1, 2015.

1. MickD Win User

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Success!

Thanks for all the help on this site! Was able to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Win10 Pro (Activated) without any major problems. Had to force the Windows 10 upgrade via Windows Update deleting all files in the "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" folder, then use the "wuauclt.exe /updatenow" from an admin command prompt (details of this process on multiple threads/sites). Upgrade finished in approx 45-60 minutes with all devices working in Device Manager on an older Asus p8p67/2600K system. After upgrading ran into only 1 snag when using the Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 to create the ISO/DVD in order to perform a clean install later. Ultimately it appears IMGBurn was hanging the system and was unable to create the DVD so removed IMGBurn and used the Win10 built-in IMG CD/DVD burning tool via Windows Explorer without a hitch. Now all apps and devices I have are 100% working. With confidence I will proceed with clean install over the next 1-2 weeks. I have made a backup copy of all my drivers using DriveMax in preparation of the clean install but it appears Windows 8.1 drivers will work on 10. Thanks again, this site gave me all the confidence needed to force the upgrade.

:)

MickD, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Windows 10 pro upgrade installation problem

Hi ThofikhAham

My problem is a bit different but related with the above.

I did a successful upgrade to Windows 10. Then, a few days ago, my laptop began upgrading to Windows 10 Pro.

This upgrade to Windows 10 Pro only went up to 53% and did not complete. I have tried to see to it that it is 100% successful but am stuck.

Kindly advise as to what steps are needed to ensure the upgrade completes.

Kind regards.

JohnMusila, Aug 1, 2015
  3. clean install Windows 10-n after upgrade with Windows 10 activation failed

clean install Windows 10-n pro after activated upgrade with Windows 10 pro

activation failed tried phoning MS read out numbers no success

someone said you have to clean install same Windows 10 pro as was upgraded to I.e. NOT the ' N' version

is this true, is there a solution

red dwarf4ever, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Success!

1. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Success! - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade Success

2. Can't remember how I upgraded successfully from Win 7 PRO to Win 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't remember how I upgraded successfully from Win 7 PRO to Win 10 PRO: About 2 years ago, I inherited a laptop that had Win 10 PRO on it, but I already had another laptop running Win 7 PRO and I wanted to keep all my programs, personal files etc. the same moving to Win 10 PRO, so I recall that I cloned the Win 7 PRO Windows partition and put it...
  3. Can't remember how I upgraded successfully from Win 7 PRO to Win 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remember how I upgraded successfully from Win 7 PRO to Win 10 PRO: About 2 years ago, I inherited a laptop that had Win 10 PRO on it, but I already had another laptop running Win 7 PRO and I wanted to keep all my programs, personal files etc. the same moving to Win 10 PRO, so I recall that I cloned the Win 7 PRO Windows partition and put it...
  4. Can't remember how I upgraded successfully from Win 7 PRO to Win 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro: Unable to uninstall KB5008212 successfully

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro: Unable to uninstall KB5008212 successfully: Due to Outlook cannot search email after Windows Update KB5008212, uninstall KB5008212 is the way I figure out possibly resolving the Outlook search issue. Yet the success uninstallation of KB5008212 is not guaranteed, there are cases after click to uninstall KB5008212, the...
  6. Windows 10 Pro: Unable to uninstall KB5008212 successfully

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro: Unable to uninstall KB5008212 successfully: Due to Outlook cannot search email after Windows Update KB5008212, uninstall KB5008212 is the way I figure out possibly resolving the Outlook search issue. Yet the success uninstallation of KB5008212 is not guaranteed, there are cases after click to uninstall KB5008212, the...
  7. Windows 10 Pro: Unable to uninstall KB5008212 successfully

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. After successful upgrade of Win10 from Home to Pro ...

After successful upgrade of Win10 from Home to Pro ...: ... I am running out of space on my C:/ drive only 10.5 GB free out of 108GB. Since the upgrade was successful, is it safe for me to now delete the folder "Windows10Upgrade" and all of its sub-folders?...
  9. 8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success.

8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success.: Windows 8.1 Activated with Genuine Product Key (I've used Genuine Product Keys since Windows 3.00a). I upgraded to 8.1 Pro with another Genuine Product Key. I tried to upgrade to 10 Pro without installing updates on 8.1 Pro (over 100 updates) but no luck. I had to install...
  10. Has anyone successfully installed the 10 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has anyone successfully installed the 10 upgrade?: Has anyone successfully installed the 10 upgrade? And if you have, was the install glitch free? 9401