Windows 10: Windows 10 pro v1803... accidentally erased winre.wim

Discus and support Windows 10 pro v1803... accidentally erased winre.wim in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I am running Windows 10 pro v1803 I erased the winre.wim located in the system32/recovery Is it possible for someone to send me a copy? Is This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stevie, Jun 8, 2018.

1. stevie Win User

Windows 10 pro v1803... accidentally erased winre.wim

Hi
    I am running Windows 10 pro v1803
    I erased the winre.wim located in the system32/recovery
    Is it possible for someone to send me a copy?
    Is This used just to boot into the recovery environment??

Thank you!

:)

stevie, Jun 8, 2018

2. WinRE.wim file deleted

Hi,

My OS is Windows 10 Pro (version 1511). While scanning my PC using anti-virus, it displayed a result that WinRE.wim has been infeceted by an adware as - Detected: "EE:Malwr.Heur.fu8"

The complete path & its virus detection is as under:

C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\SafeOS\winre.wim/noname.xmp

Detected: "EE:Malwr.Heur.fu8"

I am using Quickheal Total Security (version 17).

Hence, while rescanning my PC, I had selected an option in my antivirus program to delete a virus (if detected).

Now the above file (winre.wim) has got deleted & is not found in my PC - even under C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\SafeOS\

Will it pose any problem for my system?

Plus, how can I restore winre.wim file without formatting my PC. There is no restore point created as well.

Kindly help me.

Regards,

Shankar

Shankar Subramanyam, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 pro v1803... accidentally erased winre.wim

1. Windows 10 pro v1803... accidentally erased winre.wim - Similar Threads - pro v1803 accidentally

2. creating Win11 pro wim image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating Win11 pro wim image: would it be breaking MS license to install a fresh version of Win11 pro install apps, drivers and etc... Then repackage as wim file and install via a USB stick licensed with the oem key of the laptop....
  3. creating Win11 pro wim image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating Win11 pro wim image: would it be breaking MS license to install a fresh version of Win11 pro install apps, drivers and etc... Then repackage as wim file and install via a USB stick licensed with the oem key of the laptop....
  4. WinRE Windows 10 Pro

WinRE Windows 10 Pro: Recently I tried to update Dell Support Assist on my Dell XPS 13 9360, which resulted in me receiving a Stop code: 0xc000021a. To try and resolve this problem I scanned the Internet for solutions.Most of the solutions I found involved using the "Start" button on the Desktop,...
  5. WinRE Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WinRE Windows 10 Pro: Recently I tried to update Dell Support Assist on my Dell XPS 13 9360, which resulted in me receiving a Stop code: 0xc000021a. To try and resolve this problem I scanned the Internet for solutions.Most of the solutions I found involved using the "Start" button on the Desktop,...
  6. Need .wim File For Windows 10 Pro

Need .wim File For Windows 10 Pro: When I look into Microsoft Deployment Toolkit In Deployment Workbench when uploading a windows 10 pro OS it says it needs a install.wim file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-wim-file-for-windows-10-pro/9dd7e249-33c9-4ff9-b74f-38da5a34c260
  7. Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803

Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803: Windows 10 Pro v1803 After running sysprep and rebooted i get " Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration, restart the computer" and obviously restarting did not fix the issue. So i pulled the log file from...
  8. Windows 10 v1803 Photos

Windows 10 v1803 Photos: I am trying to export a video project I created in Windows 10 v1803 Photos and I am just getting the "spinning circle" showing 0 percent. It stays like that for hours and doesn't do a thing. Also, where can I find the files that contain my project so that I can save them to...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Update To v1803 Fails

Windows 10 Pro Update To v1803 Fails: I have two PCs, both Dell Precision 490 workstations, but with slightly different hardware configurations. My wife’s PC has only 2 disks (one SSD and one HDD) and 4GB of memory. My PC has 3 disks (2 SSDs and one HDD) and 16GB of memory and a webcam. Both were running the...
  10. Windows 10 pro v1803... accidentally erased winre.rim

Windows 10 pro v1803... accidentally erased winre.rim: Hi I am running Windows 10 pro v1803 I erased the winre.wim locates in the system32/recovery Is it possible for someone to send me a copy? Is This used just to boot into the recovery environment?? Thank you! 111845

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winre.wim deleted

2. sysprep createfile winre.wim

3. winre.wim

4. cant find winre.wim windows 10,
  5. windows 10 moving winre