Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro will not see all users on Domain

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro will not see all users on Domain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Running SBS 2011 with all Window 7 computers except for 2. One was a fresh install of Win10Pro x64 and the other was an upgrade from Win8.1 Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by F1Racer, Sep 30, 2015.

1. F1Racer Win User

Windows 10 Pro will not see all users on Domain

Hi, Running SBS 2011 with all Window 7 computers except for 2. One was a fresh install of Win10Pro x64 and the other was an upgrade from Win8.1
    Both the PC's with Win10 (mine and my bosses) only see the same two users on the network (In this case 'Sally' and 'Michele'.

All the Windows 7 computers see everyone on the network plus, vitally, the server. In order for me to map a drive letter to a network location I have had to create a policy on the server that creates the drive when the user logs in. If not I would not have been able to contact the server to map the drive.

I have updated the network drivers (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) to the lastest one I could find.
    I have manually entered all TCP/IP properites in the adapter settings instead of using DHCP.

To be honest, I'm out of ideas. Both of these machines worked fine in this area pre-Windows 10 Pro.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

F1Racer, Sep 30, 2015
  2. SarahKong Win User

Deploy/change windows 10 Pro for all domain users via GPO or regedit or any other way possible

You are correct in assuming it does NOT work in Professional edition.

Below is a link of what policies only work in Enterprise and Education.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client...

Trust me I am as annoyed as you as I also support a network with a mixed mode edition of Windows.

SarahKong, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Deploy/change windows 10 Pro for all domain users via GPO or regedit or any other way possible

What am trying to do is to deploy lock-screen(logon screen) to all windows 10 pro users in the company. I used GPO to do this and it only worked for windows 10 enterprise. I would Like to know if that's possible for windows 10 pro's. I heard that this is
    not an option anymore with the new version 1709, but I really don't understand why would that be the case. After we started purchasing windows 10 pro's to upgrade our older PC's and now the new version windows 10 pro doesn't support what we need. I hope I
    don't have to purchase windows 10 enterprise licenses to customize a lock-screen. Microsoft please tell me that this is a bug or something or maybe another way to do this. Thanks!

Ibrahim6080, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro will not see all users on Domain

1. Windows 10 Pro will not see all users on Domain - Similar Threads - Pro users Domain

2. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Show all domain users in the logon screen: Hey!I have a Windows 10 PC that is part of a domain and has multiple Microsoft Entra ID accounts installed.How can I display all of those accounts in the Windows Logon screen?Right now it only shows the last account that logged in, but typing the email every time I need to...
  3. upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile: Good morning everyone, I'm trying to upgrade from windows 10 pro to 11 pro. the pc is in domain and is used by users with domain profile but with local profile data the procedure comes to the end and install windows 11 pro. If I log in with users who already had access to the...
  4. upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile: Good morning everyone, I'm trying to upgrade from windows 10 pro to 11 pro. the pc is in domain and is used by users with domain profile but with local profile data the procedure comes to the end and install windows 11 pro. If I log in with users who already had access to the...
  5. how to create a new user on a domain in windows 10 pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to create a new user on a domain in windows 10 pro: need to install a new user on our domain we are using windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-new-user-on-a-domain-in-windows-10/01f98fc0-6351-40e1-8d06-937b5a10fc2c
  6. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  7. [Win 10 Pro Ver1809] All Users (Domain Users) login Screen and lock Screen already changed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Win 10 Pro Ver1809] All Users (Domain Users) login Screen and lock Screen already changed...: [Win 10 Pro Version 1809] All Users (Domain Users) login Screen and lock Screen already changed without GPO Greeting everyone!! Have a question is. I'm setup a customize Windows 10 Pro lock screen picture for domain users but the GPO is only work for Windows 10...
  8. Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain: Hi, We are looking to have various windows 10 pro machines shared by various users via a domain. What we want to do is have multiple users accounts on one machine via a domain. So for instance, when you add another local user to the machine via settings>accounts>other...
  9. Domain Users and Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain Users and Windows 10: I upgraded from Windows 7 and my account transferred without an issue. My wife's account (who uses the same computer and we switch users) did not. I ended up deleting her account and recreated a new one. She can log in, but the start button and action center do not...
  10. Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro): Hi everybody, I am having problems with Cortana opening up on a domain connected PC, I haven't yet tested this problem out on to multiple domain accounts but I have tested it on a local account on the computer and it works fine. With the local account on the computer,...