Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro x64 machines listed as "Vista" on my WSUS Server

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro x64 machines listed as "Vista" on my WSUS Server in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm running WSUS 3.0 on a Windows Server 2012 R2. It doesn't seem to recognize a Windows 10 machine because my Windows 10 Pro x64 machines are listed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mfaklis, Sep 20, 2015.

1. mfaklis Win User

Windows 10 Pro x64 machines listed as "Vista" on my WSUS Server

I'm running WSUS 3.0 on a Windows Server 2012 R2. It doesn't seem to recognize a Windows 10 machine because my Windows 10 Pro x64 machines are listed as "Vista" on my WSUS Server.

No WSUS update has been issued to bring WSUS up-to-date.

:)

mfaklis, Sep 20, 2015

2. SOLVED: When is this update KB4022716 for 1703 going to be available for download?

If all your machines are Win10 I don't understand why 4022716 won't install.

All I can think of is try installing it on a Win10 machine that's not connected to your WSUS server (or any of the other machines).

Mr. Wormwood, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Shameel N Win User
    WSUS Server(Windows 2008 Enterprise) and Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to Windows 10, the clients machines are reporting as Windows Vista even though WSUS server recognizes the machines as Windows 10 and releases the updates for those machines.

Shameel N, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Berton, Sep 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro x64 machines listed as "Vista" on my WSUS Server - Similar Threads - Pro x64 machines

2. My WSUS server does not go through WSUS services.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My WSUS server does not go through WSUS services.: Hi guys, hope you are all doing fine.I have an question regarding Microsoft Windows Server 2019.Here in the enviroonment we have several servers running with all his own services.2 dcs 1st one is AD-DS, GPO, DNS etc. 2d one is replication for AD-DS1 sync server with Azure for...
  3. My WSUS server does not go through WSUS services.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My WSUS server does not go through WSUS services.: Hi guys, hope you are all doing fine.I have an question regarding Microsoft Windows Server 2019.Here in the enviroonment we have several servers running with all his own services.2 dcs 1st one is AD-DS, GPO, DNS etc. 2d one is replication for AD-DS1 sync server with Azure for...
  4. WSUS Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS Server: Hi, I have a WSUS server Windows server 2012 r2.Some of the client windows 10 machines are showing not yet reported status.What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsus-server/283df429-9d8c-4efb-8405-d2e1a83a1c1e
  5. WSUS Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSUS Server: Hi, I have a WSUS server Windows server 2012 r2.Some of the client windows 10 machines are showing not yet reported status.What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsus-server/283df429-9d8c-4efb-8405-d2e1a83a1c1e
  6. WSUS server issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSUS server issue: In WSUS, we assigned a server to a specific group, and we can see it is in that group; however when I approved the updates to this group, all the other servers can detect the update except this server. But when I log in to the server, it could detect the update which has been...
  7. Reinstalling windows 10 on a vista machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling windows 10 on a vista machine: Was given this vista pc, I Made a mistake and reset the device to its original state. I got this computer very used but in good shape had a lot of things stored from the previous person. this was about 4 or for five months ago. Well I totally messed the computer up because...
  8. Wsus server consulting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wsus server consulting: Hello, IT Microsoft expert I have some issue with a new Wsus standalone deployment, below info: Infraestructure: Windows Server 2016 patch last update. WSUS suceed latest Sync Database is completly cleanup Destination computers info Windows 7 Windows 10 LTSB...
  9. Install WSUS Server Role on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install WSUS Server Role on Windows 10 Pro: Hi, Just wondering if it is possible to install the WSUS role onto a Windows 10 Pro. I have a client that needs WSUS set up, but they also want a way to save money (and not purchase Windows Server 2016/2019) by getting WSUS onto Windows 10 Pro. Thank you,...
  10. WSUS for windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSUS for windows 10 pro: hello MS community. Is it possible to use wsus on windows 10 pro? I need to update 5 PCs and only one of them has internet connection. I can't use any 3rd party software. regards Bartosz...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Widnows 10 machiens listed in WSUS