Windows 10: Windows 10 pro

Discus and support Windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I used to belong to the insider program, ive left it about a year ago and im now using windows 10 pro as my main operating system. However my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nickynoo, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Nickynoo Win User

Windows 10 pro

Hi

I used to belong to the insider program, ive left it about a year ago and im now using windows 10 pro as my main operating system. However my laptop is old and sooner or later im going to have to replace it. I notice that most of the laptops that I see for sale have got windows 10 home on them. My question is this, if I buy one of these laptops with windows 10 home on it, when I put my Microsoft account details into it will the os upgrade by itself to win 10 pro. My current win 10 pro lists ," windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account"?

Thankyou
    Nick

:)

Nickynoo, Apr 12, 2017

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Apr 12, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Apr 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 pro

dalchina, Apr 12, 2017
  5. Nickynoo Win User
    So in other words its not possible, my windows 7 wasnt a legit copy, I joined the insider program and my 7 got upgraded to 10.

Nickynoo, Apr 12, 2017
  6. The Digital License is for the device. That device is licensed for Pro. It's not going to auto upgrade another different device that comes with, and is licensed for Home. Each device is listed separately under your account.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 pro

1. Windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - pro

2. Windows 11 Pro Calendar not working correctly!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Calendar not working correctly!!: This calendar makes no sense. Today is Wednesday 20th March 2024 yet the calendar clearly doesn't know what month or day we are in.Plus why are the first 2 weeks greyed out?One Calendar knows what day and date it is, so what on earth is wrong with Windows as usual...
  3. Windows 11 Pro Calendar not working correctly!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Calendar not working correctly!!: This calendar makes no sense. Today is Wednesday 20th March 2024 yet the calendar clearly doesn't know what month or day we are in.Plus why are the first 2 weeks greyed out?...
  4. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  5. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  6. I have problems with my buds2 pro when connects with the window laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problems with my buds2 pro when connects with the window laptop: Hi everyone!My buds2 pro works well on my smartphone, but when I connected my buds2 pro with laptop, the quality is really bad. The sound is interrupted continuously, losing sound every a few seconds. I asked my friends and some told me that let change from Free-hands option...
  7. I have problems with my buds2 pro when connects with the window laptop

I have problems with my buds2 pro when connects with the window laptop: Hi everyone!My buds2 pro works well on my smartphone, but when I connected my buds2 pro with laptop, the quality is really bad. The sound is interrupted continuously, losing sound every a few seconds. I asked my friends and some told me that let change from Free-hands option...
  8. How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?: Recently i need to install some software and found it not compatible with my osWindow 7 Pro, then i search thought the microsoft Community regarding update to window 10 from window 7 pro. Unfortunately the "Create Windows 10 installation media" not work for my case. i keep...
  9. How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?

How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?: Recently i need to install some software and found it not compatible with my osWindow 7 Pro, then i search thought the microsoft Community regarding update to window 10 from window 7 pro. Unfortunately the "Create Windows 10 installation media" not work for my case. i keep...
  10. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....