Windows 10: Windows 10 problem of sata card drives

Discus and support Windows 10 problem of sata card drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc but only accepts to select the installation disk path when windows will be installed only of the sata... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by georgioumarios, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Windows 10 problem of sata card drives

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc but only accepts to select the installation disk path when windows will be
    installed only of the sata drives that are connected to the motherboard but not the drives on the sata card i have.
    I'm using DVD of windows 10 and i have booted to it to select an empty hard disk. What should i do?

:)

georgioumarios, Apr 14, 2016
  2. suat.cini Win User

Storage Deletion?

They will be safe.

I have Windows 7 on one SATA drive, Windows 8 on another SATA drive, my data on another SATA drive and Windows 10 on still another SATA drive, meaning they are all installed on different drives connected at all times in my Desktop PC. I have installed Windows
    10 several times, both clean and upgrade, and non of my Windows installations or data files got corrupted.

suat.cini, Apr 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 BSOD while copying a 1.8GB file from one internal (fixed) SATA drive to another internal SATA drive

I suppose I can reply to my own question.

After thinking about this for a while, it occurred to me to try copying the same file to different internal SATA and/or USB drives to see if the problem could be reproduced.

Here is how I could reproduce the original issue to produce a BSOD:

Copy W:\File.ext Q:\File.ext

Since I have seven internal drives, including the source drive, and three external USB drives, I tried each of the following:

Copy W:\File.ext C:\File.ext

Copy W:\File.ext D:\File.ext

Copy W:\File.ext I:\File.ext

Copy W:\File.ext K:\File.ext

Copy W:\File.ext U:\File.ext

Each drive above is an internal SATA hard drive. Each destination drive below is an external USB drive.

Copy W:\File.ext F:\File.ext

Copy W:\File.ext G:\File.ext

Copy W:\File.ext L:\File.ext

Each of the copies above worked perfectly. However when I again tried:

as expected I got a BSOD. Obviously the problem is either with Drive Q: or with the controller card.

I have six SATA ports on my motherboard. Some years ago, I decided to increase the number of hard drives on my system, I bought a really cheap controller card with two extra SATA ports. The cheap controller card didn't indicate any problems under Windows
    7 so I never thought about it.

I switched the SATA data connections on Drive Q: and Drive I: and ran the following commands:

Copy W:\File.ext I:\File.ext

The first command worked while the second command produced a BSOD.

Problem solved: Get a new SATA controller card.

Hawk McDuck, Apr 14, 2016
  4. Windows 10 problem of sata card drives

The drive i want is not shown.

georgioumarios, Apr 14, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    That may depend on your BIOS and card/adapter and if they are bootable with that combination.

CountMike, Apr 15, 2016
  6. You may need to install a driver during the installation so the card is recognised.

Find a driver and hit F6 during the install when prompted i believe is the procedure.

Hearsepilot, Apr 16, 2016
  7. I have a Windows driver of this sata card that came with it. When i have installed it within Windows, the hard disks connected to the sata card are only shown in Windows. What driver should i find and install when booting from the Windows installation dvd to the Windows installation program? A Dos driver?

georgioumarios, Apr 16, 2016
  8. Windows 10 problem of sata card drives

Search for "F6 Driver" for that card that should give you a few hits

Hearsepilot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 problem of sata card drives

1. Windows 10 problem of sata card drives - Similar Threads - problem sata card

2. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  3. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  4. SATA drive issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SATA drive issues: I use a WD Black 6TB HDD SATA drive as a second drive for files not as a system drive. The operating system is on a M2 SSD. The drive has been working fine for a few weeks until I started getting an error message on startup saying that the $RECYCLE.BIN is corrupted. I get...
  5. external SATA drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external SATA drive: My win 10 cannot recognise my Prestigio external SATA drive when it previously can. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-sata-drive/5c2030a1-97ce-48d4-9f12-dc4980914ebf
  6. Sata hard drive failures in Windows 10!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sata hard drive failures in Windows 10!!!: Can we get any answers on a very long unresolved issue in Windows 10 please...? Me too have lost about 5 Sata Ide, different makes, speeds and sizes drives because of Windows 10. No answers seems to be given at all. Start up repair doesn’t work, and the only answer is try a...
  7. SATA CD drive

SATA CD drive: my HP desktop will not recognize the sata CD drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sata-cd-drive/5d6da69b-7d11-4954-9b7a-93a26cb3fb09
  8. SATA drives missing

SATA drives missing: My PC has just installed the latest Windows 10 updates but 2 of my drives are now missing. There should be a SATA HDD and Blue Ray disc drive. They are showing in the BIOS but when I checked Device Manager they are hidden, when I checked properties they are showing as...
  9. Adding a SATA RAID card

Adding a SATA RAID card: I'm wondering if I've made a schoolboy error here... I'm trying to add more disks to my desktop and have run out of SATA ports the motherboard has 6. I've just added a SATA RAID card (Semlos 4 Ports PCI Sata Internal Raid Controller Card Sil3114 Chipset with 2 Sata...
  10. which Hardware SATA RAid CARDs are compaitible with windows 10

which Hardware SATA RAid CARDs are compaitible with windows 10: I have an asus motherboard based off intel on windows 7. It prompts to say windows 10 update is available. I checked with Intel and ASUS and it seems there is no support for Intel RST Software raid in windows 10 on my motherboard. I need to find a Hardware SATA RAid Card that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sata drive problems

2. windows 10 sata drive issues

3. windows 10 sata cards