Windows 10: Windows 10: Problem selecting apps from my Taskbar & Start Menu

Discus and support Windows 10: Problem selecting apps from my Taskbar & Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When there are multiple apps/windows open and visible on my taskbar, I'm having a problem selecting them. I can't switch between apps/windows. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by donna_1031, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10: Problem selecting apps from my Taskbar & Start Menu

When there are multiple apps/windows open and visible on my taskbar, I'm having a problem selecting them. I can't switch between apps/windows. If I click on some app/window from the taskbar it appear on the screen, but I can't grab or click into it, because it disappears when I move my cursor towards the screen. The same thing happens when search from the start menu/Cortana. I can't figure how to fix this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

donna_1031, Aug 21, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Taskbar Start menu

We appreciate your response. For us not to miss out on anything, we would like to know what troubleshooting steps have you performed. For built-in applications like Mail, Calendar, Calculator, you can try reinstalling them so that they can properly register
    with the Start Menu. Here are the steps:

• Open Start.
    • Search for PowerShell, right-click the result, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to reinstall all the built-in Windows 10 apps and press Enter:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

If you are dealing with apps that you installed using the Windows Store, you can reinstall them by following the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Apps.
    • Click on Apps & features.
    • Select the app in question, and click the Uninstall button.
    • Click the Uninstall button again to confirm.
    • Once you've completed the steps, open the Store, search for the app, and click the Install button, and now the app should appear in the Start menu.

For third party applications, you may need to reinstall them manually as well.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10: Problem selecting apps from my Taskbar & Start Menu

Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: Problem selecting apps from my Taskbar & Start Menu

1. Windows 10: Problem selecting apps from my Taskbar & Start Menu - Similar Threads - Problem selecting apps

2. taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive: my taskbar settings and other task bar utility like start menu button wi-fi volume etc are not responding I tried sfc /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthGet-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  3. taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive: my taskbar settings and other task bar utility like start menu button wi-fi volume etc are not responding I tried sfc /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthGet-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  4. taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Apps will not open from start menu or taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps will not open from start menu or taskbar: Hello, I am running windows 10 and when I open the start menu to search for a program, it will not open. When I click an app or file from within the menu, it says the following: "The item you selected is unavailable. I might have been moved, renamed, or removed..."...
  6. Windows Apps ,taskbar, start menu crash

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Apps ,taskbar, start menu crash: Hello, I had a problem with system restore so I followed the procedure to rename WindowsApps to another name. System Restore Worked but when I changed the name back to normal, several crashes occur. None of the windows applications opens, when I try to open one, the...
  7. Start Menu, Taskbar and Apps not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar and Apps not working: I have recently built a PC for gaming and it has been working for a month perfectly fine, but about a week ago, I have started to get the error critical_process_died frequently, and a few days ago, the taskbar stop showing apps and the start menu stopped working, it also...
  8. Taskbar/Start Menu Automatic Color Selection Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar/Start Menu Automatic Color Selection Bug: I've got a slideshow of images set as my desktop background, and under the Personalization settings for Colors I have the three settings "Automatically pick an accent color", "Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center" and "Make start, taskbar, and action center" all...
  9. Start up menu and Taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up menu and Taskbar problems: I have spent all day trying different cures for the Startup menu and task bar freeze problem to no avail. The problem does not exist in my user acct only in the wife's and she is getting upset. I did some how get it to stop locking out and forcing a restart. I wish I knew...
  10. Taskbar Search and Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar Search and Start Menu Problems: I did the sfc scannow, the powershell app thing, I think I did the DSIM thing too. What can I do? 28297

Users found this page by searching for:

1. selecting from windows task bar