Windows 10: Windows 10 product key blocked

Discus and support Windows 10 product key blocked in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I Upgraded from windows 8.1 that was already installed in my laptop to windows 10. Later because of hard drive issues restored my system to Windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ramp, Jul 12, 2016.

1. ramp Win User

Windows 10 product key blocked

I Upgraded from windows 8.1 that was already installed in my laptop to windows 10. Later because of hard drive issues restored my system to Windows 8.1 . After which I could not activate windows as it said the Key was blocked *Sad
    Cuz of hard drive crash I purchased a new one and installed windows 10. but I am unable to activate windows which still says key blocked .

Can someone help me with it.

:)

2. windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C003 blocked key solutions after upgrading from activated windows 7 or 8

Hi.

1-previous windows 7 OS was activated befor installing windows 10

2-yes I mean (product key)

But are you sure that if Windows product key blocked the system can be activated after clean install?because a lot of people suffer from activation errors after clean install( after product key block)..you might say that if OS upgraded from activated windows
    10 so its possible for clean install,this is when key not blocked in the server ..but from my previous trial clean install failed because I entered product key during install and key become blocked...so are you sure that blocked key in server that linked
    to device ID can activate( upgraded devices) after clean install?(because the key is the same blocked product key and not changed by process of repeating upgrade ,every PC get single windows 10 product key)

what about universial windows OS product key that can activate all upgraded Windows 10 Os from previuos activated Genuine windows 7 or 8(through previous recorded ID of upgraded devices saved in Microsoft servers) ? is that universal key exist or not? if
    exist that will be a great solution for any key activation error occure to the upgraded
    Genuine Windows

w10user_w10, Jul 12, 2016
  3. product key is blocked

this is the result what I found

Diagnostics file created at C:\Users\ICTPOINT\desktop\repfiles.cab

raquibraihan, Jul 12, 2016
  4. RBunning Win User

Generally when a product key is 'blocked' that means it was used more times than you're allowed to.

>>Your laptop likely came with a Windows OEM license preinstalled, meaning that it can be activated on only one computer- yours. When upgrading to Windows 10, you can activate by digital entitlement where they let you activate the new install of Windows 10 with the former product key on the condition you upgraded from your previous Windows install (you can't do anything on the line of a clean install with digital entitlement). That (digital entitlement) should have been done automatically when you upgraded.

>>The bottom line- it would still maintain the same activation status as before and if Windows lost its genuine state in 8.1 its going to stay that way in 10

You should probably look towards rolling back to Windows 8.1 to make sure its activated, then try and upgrade again. Otherwise, I'm going to need more information on specifically what is going on.

RBunning, Jul 12, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    We need three things to diagnose your problem properly:

1. Run showkey plus from this forum. Click on the product keys displayed to blank them out, then post the result here as a screenshot.
    https://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...7-showkey.html

2. Press Win + R keys to open a run dialog and run winver. Or just type winver in the search box and it should give you the option to run it. Run winver and post the results here.

3. Open a "Run as administrator" command prompt or command prompt (admin). Command prompt (admin) shows up as an option if you right click on the start icon. In the command prompt window, run:
    slmgr /dlv

Post the result here. There is no uniquely identifying info in that window, so you don't have to blank anything out.

Those three screens will tell us what is wrong. I suspect you installed the wrong version of Windows 8 then upgraded that to the wrong version of Windows 10. If the computer came with Windows 8 pre-installed, the Windows 8 product key should be in bios and an install of Windows 8 or Windows 10 should not be asking for any product key and should activate automatically.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 product key blocked - Similar Threads - product key blocked

2. WHY IS MY PRODUCT KEY BEING BLOCKED!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY IS MY PRODUCT KEY BEING BLOCKED!?: <- image 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-product-key-being-blocked/84758a04-34ad-47e0-839c-7b5325791b8d
  3. WHY IS MY PRODUCT KEY BEING BLOCKED!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY IS MY PRODUCT KEY BEING BLOCKED!?: <- image 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-product-key-being-blocked/84758a04-34ad-47e0-839c-7b5325791b8d
  4. Blocked Product Key

Blocked Product Key: Hello i bought a HP Pavilion p6-2301sx in 2013 in 2016 the motherboard died so i replaced it with a GA-H61M-S2PT but i didn't issue a hardware change report so back in may of this year i managed to restore the original os only to find that the product key of MY PC had been...
  5. Blocked Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked Product Key: Hello i bought a HP Pavilion p6-2301sx in 2013 in 2016 the motherboard died so i replaced it with a GA-H61M-S2PT but i didn't issue a hardware change report so back in may of this year i managed to restore the original os only to find that the product key of MY PC had been...
  6. The Product Key has been Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Product Key has been Blocked: Dear Team Support Microsoft,I have a problem with entering the original product key Windows 7 Profesional, I get a message saying "This copy of Windows is not genuine" on a Windows 7 Profesional system and, when I enter the original product key I get "The product key you...
  7. The Product Key has been Blocked

The Product Key has been Blocked: Dear Team Support Microsoft,I have a problem with entering the original product key Windows 7 Profesional, I get a message saying "This copy of Windows is not genuine" on a Windows 7 Profesional system and, when I enter the original product key I get "The product key you...
  8. Blocked product key issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blocked product key issue: Hello. I just bought recently a retailed USB stick Windows 10 home full version for my new laptop. Right now the 64 bits built is installed. When I'm trying to activate the product key, it doesn't work. I tried using command prompts to activate it, but it would tell me that...
  9. Reinstall: product key blocked?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall: product key blocked?: I originally got win10 through the free upgrade from 8.1 and did the install that only replaces system files etc. Some things weren't working correctly such as the sleep function and I kept being unable to login due to the start menu and Cortana not starting, so I decided to...
  10. Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Product Key: I have bought a Windows 10 Home edition 64bit. but I realize later, that windows 10 is not compatible with Autodesk. can I use my windows 10 original product key with windows 7 home edition 64bit ? are there any windows 7 home 64 bit legal download so I can use my orginal...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 product key blocked

2. windows 10 product key has been blocked

3. windows 10 product key is blocked

4. windows product key is bloacked,
  5. windows product key blocked,
  6. windows product key has been blocked,
  7. windows productr key is blocked,
  8. windows 10 product key is blocked acer,
  9. windows 10 key blobked ,
  10. wimdows 10 product key blocked