Windows 10: Windows 10 - Product Key/code Finder for upgraded version

Discus and support Windows 10 - Product Key/code Finder for upgraded version in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 - Product Key/code Finder for upgraded version I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Widows 8.1 (pre-installed) , on my "ACER Aspire E1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by garg, Feb 22, 2016.

1. garg Win User

Windows 10 - Product Key/code Finder for upgraded version

I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Widows 8.1 (pre-installed) , on my "ACER Aspire E1 472P- 6491" laptop by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 . I therefore do not have a Windows (8.1 or 10) product key , as the Windows was pre-loaded on the laptop .
    How & where I can find the Microsoft Product Key/code for Windows 10 installed on my laptop ? Is there any Product Key/code Finder/Viewer help/programme for upgraded version of Windows 10 ? This will be useful if system fails and/or HDD crashes in future. Thanks

======================================================================================

:)

2. anluis Win User

Windows 10 .iso image

Hi -D.-B. :

The best way to do a clean install of Windows 10, is to first do a upgrade, then use this Product Key finder:

ProduKey - Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Windows/MS-Office/SQL Server, to find the new Windows 10 product key. I've personally tried it and it works.

After the upgrade just use the Product Key finder, copy the key in a piece of paper, and use it to do a regular clean install. The installation process will accept the key, and you will find Windows 10, what ever your version, validated.

Good luck.

Angel Trinidad

anluis, Feb 22, 2016
  3. how do i find my product key so i can use it to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 for free?

The offer to upgrade to Windows 10 for Windows 7 has ended on January 16th Unofficially, but you can try upgrading.

Use Showkey Plus to get Windows Product key:

www.thewindowsclub.com/showkeyplus-product-key-finder

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 22, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 8.1 key is embedded in bios. Run showkeyplus to extract it.

Windows 10 does not actually use a key - licence is tied to hardware, so the key you see for Windows 10 is a dummy generic key.

Once Windows 10 has been installed and activated once, the MS activation servers remember your hardware and automatically activate future reinstalls. Occasionally, this glitches, and yuh can use old 8.1 key to reactivate.

Also best protection against hdd failure is to make an image backup using Macrium Reflect Free or similar.

cereberus, Feb 22, 2016
  5. garg Win User
    Thanks for your reply . Still there are a few questions .
    1.0 Can I use System Image via Windows ( Backup & Restore under Control Panel ) ? Or Macrium Reflect is necessary/ more useful.
    2.0 If the Mother Board or any other hardware has to be replaced in future , what has to be done ?
    3.0 What is the prime hardware , which is identified by Microsoft for Windows ?
    Thanks .

6. cereberus Win User
    1) yeah you can use the inbuilt image package (ignore Windows 7 reference). However Macrium is far superior, more reliable (in my experience), faster and makes smaller images, and has lots of additional functionality eg boot repair tools.

2) if you replace mobo, you would need a new licence as your 8.1 licence is oem and not transferable. Windows 10 inherits original lcence features ie oem or retail. Other upgrades eg ssd, gpu, ram will not affect licence.

3) As a rule any device that runs 8.1 will usually run 10 ok as 10 is effectively built on the 8.1 technical base.

cereberus, Feb 22, 2016
  7. garg Win User
    ================================================================

Hi ! , Thanks a lot .

garg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Product Key/code Finder for upgraded version - Similar Threads - Product Key code

2. Windows 10 Product Key Upgrade Fail - Error code: 0x8007251D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Product Key Upgrade Fail - Error code: 0x8007251D: So i got this PC which came with Windows 10 home a couple years back and i just wanted to do some personalization and some other stuff like having better protection etc, one of my family members works as an IT guy and has TONS of junk computers so i asked him if he had one...
  3. Windows 10 Product Key Upgrade Fail - Error code: 0x8007251D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Product Key Upgrade Fail - Error code: 0x8007251D: So i got this PC which came with Windows 10 home a couple years back and i just wanted to do some personalization and some other stuff like having better protection etc, one of my family members works as an IT guy and has TONS of junk computers so i asked him if he had one...
  4. Windows 10 Product Key Upgrade Fail - Error code: 0x8007251D

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Product Key and Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key and Upgrading to Windows 10: I live in Trinidad, but was working in the Middle East where I purchased a genuine windows7 Home Premium edition, on the box has activation restrictions to the Middle East and Africa. I am currently in Trinidad, this is a spare laptop i have and want to upgrade to windows 10...
  6. product key code

product key code: I purchased 2 computers and would like to put word on them, I purchased microsoft office a few years ago and have misplaced where i put the code can you please resend? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-code/8f232888-72c9-4332-b1d1-a10329f2275f
  7. product key code

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    product key code: Good day please could you tel me where i can find my product key code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-code/cdb4adb2-a035-47f7-81a1-13899a6232e0"
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 Home Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home Product Key: Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key but my computer needs a Windows 10 Pro License. Is there any way to upgrade my product key from Home to Pro? I would be willing to pay extra to upgrade but I don't want to pay for two licenses....
  9. Can't upgrade to an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro with product key

Can't upgrade to an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro with product key: Scenario: Bought Win10 Home OEM for new computer build. Installed it and all of my requisite 3rd party software. Then find out that Home 10 does not allow RDP connections. *cry Buy 10 Pro OEM for $128 (rather than pay $99 for an upgrade through the Windows store so I have a...
  10. W10 upgrade product key form prev. version

W10 upgrade product key form prev. version: I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU. No issues even though going from Gigabyte to Asrock. Windows recognised everything other than those items which needed an Asrock driver. Windows needed activating however. I was able to type in my old Win 8 upgrade product key....