Windows 10: Windows 10 Professional remote desktop error 0x4

Discus and support Windows 10 Professional remote desktop error 0x4 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have been connecting to a computer at another location (Windows 10 Professional) using my Mac for quite some time now. Suddenly, last week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JustinL88, Jul 11, 2018.

1. JustinL88 Win User

Windows 10 Professional remote desktop error 0x4

Hello,

I have been connecting to a computer at another location (Windows 10 Professional) using my Mac for quite some time now. Suddenly, last week the remote desktop program gave an error code "0x4". I tried connecting with the previous version of the RDP client to no avail. I also tried connecting with iPhone and another Windows 10 Professional – nothing seems to work.

The connection is over the public internet and I do know the correct IP for the device. No changes have been made to the network structure (e.g. port settings, or such). The environment in which the target computer resides is exactly the same as before.

How could I fix the problem? I'd like to note it is extremely hard for me to access this computer physically, so if it is possible by any means to fix this remotely I'd love to give it a try. I have not allowed other connection than RDP to the computer so I cannot SSH or use other measures to change the target computer.

:)

JustinL88, Jul 11, 2018
  2. RE1978_A1 Win User

Remote Desktop App error

Chris,

This is probably to do with the default certificate not being accepted through your router, i.e your phone being on the internet and needing to connect to your pc behind a firewall.

However, your post is very interesting to me, as I am having an issue on my internal WIFI network. Microsoft Remote Desktop App" from a Nokia Lumia Mobile phone. I will continue with my discussion for MS
    to answer

PHONE: Nokia Lumia 810

Operating System Version: 8.10.14234.375

IMEI: on request:

APP in question: Microsoft Remote Desktop

Version: 8.1.9.11

Client: Windows 10 Professional

Issue:

After discovering that windows 10 Home does not support RDP, I decided to pay for Windows 10 Professional to enable Remote Desktop from my phone.

Steps Taken:

Windows 10 Professional

• Click on Files and Folders | Right Click | Properties
    • Remote Settings
    • Allow Remote connections for this computer NOTE: ensure only allow connections from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (Recommended)
      Ticked
    • Select Users j*****@e****.*** is selected
    • Change Windows Account Password
    • open compmgmt.msc | Go to Local Users & Groups | Groups | Remote Desktop Users | check that account is in the members Window Example J*****
    • Open Windows Firewall with advanced Security
    Inbound Rules

Remote Desktop Shadow (TCP in) - Enabled Yes Public Allow

Remote Desktop User Mode (TCP in) -Enabled Yes Public Allow

Remote Desktop User Mode (UDP in) -Enabled Yes Public Allow

Outbound Rules

Remote Assistance (PNRP-Out) -Enabled Yes Public Allow

Remote Assistance (TCP-Out) -Enabled Yes Public Allow

Network and Sharing Center

• Right Click on Computer with plug in the
      tray | Open Network and Sharing Center
    • Click on HomeGroup | Change Network Location
    • Click Close
    Windows Phone 8.1 Update
    • Desktops | (+) Desktop | PC Name xxx.xxx.x.xxx
    • Credentials - Add Credentials | PCNAME\J***** OR MicrosoftAccount\J*****@E****.O**
      OR PCNAME\Administrator
    • Click
    ERROR MESSAGE

We Couldn't connect to the remote PC. This might be because of a network problem. If this keeps Happening, ask your admin or tech support for help

Inquiring minds may find this error code helpful: 0x704

| Close

Steps Taken to try and resolve 0x704

• uninstall 8.1 Remote Desktop App
    • Reboot Windows 10 Professional
    • Phone Microsoft support through third party +44 333 200 2197,,7355531217
    References

r/windowsphone - 0x704 Error on Remote Desktop App

RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC

Conclusion

MS is this because windows 10 professional is not supported by a free Microsoft remote desktop tool? Or can you clarify on where I was going wrong, as I need this to work.

Please contact me on *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

RE1978_A1, Jul 11, 2018
  3. RE1978_A1 Win User
    Error connection with Remote Desktop from wphone8.1

FelipeLanderos,

Mysteriously I have posted this before and mysteriously Microsoft made it disappear as if by magic.

This is probably to do with the default certificate not being accepted through your router, i.e your phone being on the internet and needing to connect to your pc behind a firewall.

However, your post is very interesting to me, as I am having an issue on my internal WIFI network. Microsoft Remote Desktop App" from a Nokia Lumia Mobile phone. I will continue with my discussion for MS
    to answer

PHONE: Nokia Lumia 810

Operating System Version: 8.10.14234.375

IMEI: on request:

APP in question: Microsoft Remote Desktop

Version: 8.1.9.11

Client: Windows 10 Professional

Issue:

After discovering that windows 10 Home does not support RDP, I decided to pay for Windows 10 Professional to enable Remote Desktop from my phone.

Steps Taken:

Windows 10 Professional

• Click on Files and Folders | Right Click | Properties
    • Remote Settings
    • Allow Remote connections for this computer NOTE: ensure only allow connections from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (Recommended)
      Ticked
    • Select Users j*****@e****.*** is selected
    • Change Windows Account Password
    • open compmgmt.msc | Go to Local Users & Groups | Groups | Remote Desktop Users | check that account is in the members Window Example J*****
    • Open Windows Firewall with advanced Security
    Inbound Rules

Remote Desktop Shadow (TCP in) - Enabled Yes Public Allow

Remote Desktop User Mode (TCP in) -Enabled Yes Public Allow

Remote Desktop User Mode (UDP in) -Enabled Yes Public Allow

Outbound Rules

Remote Assistance (PNRP-Out) -Enabled Yes Public Allow

Remote Assistance (TCP-Out) -Enabled Yes Public Allow

Network and Sharing Center

• Right Click on Computer with plug in the tray |
      Open Network and Sharing Center
    • Click on HomeGroup | Change Network Location
    • Click Close
    Windows Phone 8.1 Update

• Desktops | (+) Desktop | PC Name xxx.xxx.x.xxx
    • Credentials - Add Credentials | PCNAME\J***** OR MicrosoftAccount\J*****@E****.O**
      OR PCNAME\Administrator
    • Click
    ERROR MESSAGE

We Couldn't connect to the remote PC. This might be because of a network problem. If this keeps Happening, ask your admin or tech support for help

Inquiring minds may find this error code helpful: 0x704

| Close

Steps Taken to try and resolve 0x704

• uninstall 8.1 Remote Desktop App
    • Reboot Windows 10 Professional
    • Phone Microsoft support through third party +44 333 200 2197,,7355531217
    References

r/windowsphone - 0x704 Error on Remote Desktop App

RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC

Conclusion

MS is this because windows 10 professional is not supported by a free Microsoft remote desktop tool? Or can you clarify on where I was going wrong,

From <Remote Desktop App error>

RE1978_A1, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Professional remote desktop error 0x4

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Professional remote desktop error 0x4

1. Windows 10 Professional remote desktop error 0x4 - Similar Threads - Professional remote desktop

2. Windows Remote Desktop Client fails to connect with error code 0x4 on only one of my computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Remote Desktop Client fails to connect with error code 0x4 on only one of my computers: I encountered this error message while attempting to connect to a remote host on one of my PCs. I have two computers on the same LAN, and I can easily connect to the remote host using the Windows Remote Desktop client without any issues on my other PC. So this means the...
  3. Windows Remote Desktop Client fails to connect with error code 0x4 on only one of my computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remote Desktop Client fails to connect with error code 0x4 on only one of my computers: I encountered this error message while attempting to connect to a remote host on one of my PCs. I have two computers on the same LAN, and I can easily connect to the remote host using the Windows Remote Desktop client without any issues on my other PC. So this means the...
  4. Windows 11: Remote desktop error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Remote desktop error: I have a windows VPN connection to connect to one of the customers. But the remote desktop is giving the below error:I have the same configuration on another PC Windows 10. There I am able to connect to the RDP.So, why am I getting this error on Windows 11? What could be the...
  5. Windows - Remote Desktop Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows - Remote Desktop Error: Hi Support,I appreciate your advice how to resolve this frequent happened issues on and off periodsThanks, Victor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-remote-desktop-error/e0f67982-1466-494e-8aff-7cea5576cbbd
  6. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Is it possible to use Remote Desktop on a Windows 10 Pro machine in order to connect to a Windows 10 Home machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-remote-desktop/9178b31c-5268-4e85-baa0-decb47605b13
  7. Remote Desktop errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop errors: I have tried everything and can not get my desktop to connect through remote desktop. I have allowed it in the firewall settings, I have tried both the computer name and the IP Address and double checked all settings. I keep getting a can not find PC error. I did the ping...
  8. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Does anyone know how to make it possible to remote to my desktop from anywhere? submitted by /u/Vincent_29392 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0765h/windows_10_remote_desktop/
  9. Remote Desktop error

Remote Desktop error: As of today, the remote desktop application generates an error when attempting to establish a connection to my workstation. The application was working fine last night. When I click "connect", the application returns "An internal error has occurred"....
  10. Remote Desktop error

Remote Desktop error: I have been using Remote Desktop all day. Tonight I am getting the message "An internal error has occurred". This happened a few weeks ago, but the problem just went away. Does anyone know why this occurs? Thanks, jdw...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop error 0x4

2. remote desktop error code 0x4

3. microsoft remote desktop error 0x4

4. rdp error code 0x4,
  5. microsoft remote error message 0x4,
  6. remote desktop connection error 0x4,
  7. error code 0x4 remote desktop,
  8. microsoft remote desktop mac error 0x4,
  9. error 0x4 windows remote,
  10. remote desk top error code 0x4,
  11. microsoft remote desktop error code 0x4,