Windows 10: Windows 10 "Program Compatibility" Horrible Spam

Discus and support Windows 10 "Program Compatibility" Horrible Spam in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! Since my computer auto restarted last night for some reason there has been a Program Compatibility window that pops up about every 10 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by krunkkracker, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Windows 10 "Program Compatibility" Horrible Spam

Hello!

Since my computer auto restarted last night for some reason there has been a Program Compatibility window that pops up about every 10 seconds and continually even after disabling the service for the Compatibility Assistant in services.msc then restarting as well as uninstalling the program it is stating is not compatible to no avail.

Here is an image: http://puu.sh/x9NcI/c0465ed77a.png

:)

krunkkracker, Aug 13, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 13, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Windows 10 "Program Compatibility" Horrible Spam :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Windows 10 "Program Compatibility" Horrible Spam :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Windows 10 "Program Compatibility" Horrible Spam :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Windows 10 "Program Compatibility" Horrible Spam :)

musum, Aug 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 "Program Compatibility" Horrible Spam

Hello krunkkracker, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The tutorial below can help show you how to disable the program compatibility assistant.

*Arrow Program Compatibility Assistant - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

However, if you're having any issues with the program you're getting this message for, then you should check to see if there may be a newer version of the program to update to, or put the program in compatibility mode for the latest OS version it supports.

*Arrow Change Compatibility Mode Settings for Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Brink, Aug 13, 2017
  5. Neither of those worked, the regedit went through but gpedit.msc modification popped up with this error https://puu.sh/x9O53/ba29dde1d3.png . What I finally noticed was that while I did indeed delete the folder, it didn't finish all the way through and the RTSS.exe file remained. First I tried to re-install a new and the current version but the installers couldn't modify the exe then tried deleting it through cmd/powershell. After booting into safemode and deleting the exe the error messages stopped.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Just to verify, did you restart the computer after using the disable .reg file from option 1?

I'm glad to hear you managed to stop it by deleting the .exe though.

Brink, Aug 13, 2017
  7. Yes it was restarted afterwards.

8. fotafm Win User

You could try reinstalling (newer version if available) then uninstalling. The uninstall may not have been completed correctly.

fotafm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 "Program Compatibility" Horrible Spam - Similar Threads - Program Compatibility Horrible

2. Unable to set program compatibility on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to set program compatibility on windows 10: I'm trying to set program compatibility on windows 10. The property tab for doing this doesn't show up.I've checked the registry key. The AppCompat key is not there which means that the tab should be displayed.I've also checked the setting in the group policy editor. It is...
  3. Unable to set program compatibility on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set program compatibility on windows 10: I'm trying to set program compatibility on windows 10. The property tab for doing this doesn't show up.I've checked the registry key. The AppCompat key is not there which means that the tab should be displayed.I've also checked the setting in the group policy editor. It is...
  4. Unable to set program compatibility with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to set program compatibility with windows 10: I'm trying to set program compatibility with windows 10. The property tab for doing this doesn't show up.I've checked the registry key. The AppCompat key is not there which means that the tab should be displayed.I've also checked the setting in the group policy editor. It is...
  5. Unable to set program compatibility with windows 10

Unable to set program compatibility with windows 10: I'm trying to set program compatibility with windows 10. The property tab for doing this doesn't show up.I've checked the registry key. The AppCompat key is not there which means that the tab should be displayed.I've also checked the setting in the group policy editor. It is...
  6. Program not compatible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program not compatible.: I have windows 10 pro and have run this program Final Fantasy XI on it for years without any issues but all of a sudden the program is not compatible? which I know is not true as I run it on my lap top. Anyway I have tried reinstalling the program countless times, running it...
  7. Flight Simulator Program compatable with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator Program compatable with Windows 10: Days of research has left me very confused. One site says IL-2 Sturmovik will work in W10 then another says no way. most say all the x plane programs will not work. I tried to contact MS Gaming and they have no idea about anything accept X-Box. It seems a simple question....
  8. not compatable program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not compatable program: I downloaded PLEX MEDIA SERVER + PLEX MEDIA PLAYER, but can't get them to open [error codes] it seems i have to have xp service pack 3, i'm on win 10 and the plex website clearly states win 10 download. it seems the 2 prog aren't compatible any help you can provide pleasep...
  9. Program Compatability Trouble Shooter- Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Compatability Trouble Shooter- Windows 10: I previously reported: Windows 10,Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.137), Error Code 0x80070057 when invoking the Programs Compatibility trouble-shooter. After further analysis, I would like to clarify that the Programs Compatibility trouble-shooter works fine when accessed...
  10. windows 10 horribleness

windows 10 horribleness: are people at MS taking this seriously??? been on windows 10 for probably 2 years and it just keeps getting worse, i have always hated OSx, and love my Lenovo thinkpads, but damn, seriously contemplating. So much horribleness. can't even remember wifi networks.. comon...