Windows 10: Windows 10: Project Spartan makes an appearance in build 10009

Discus and support Windows 10: Project Spartan makes an appearance in build 10009 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Not too long ago we've seen images of build 10009 of the Windows 10 Technical Preview leak on the web. The same people group that released... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10: Project Spartan makes an appearance in build 10009

Read more: Windows 10: Project Spartan makes an appearance in build 10009 - Neowin

Brink, Feb 6, 2015
  2. swarfega Win User

I hope it's standards compliant that most other browsers use.

:)

swarfega, Feb 6, 2015
  3. spartan does not open

Project Spartan does nor open all the time in Windows build 10130

A small window opens and then disappears after a few seconds

NitishBhukhanwala, Feb 6, 2015
  4. Windows 10: Project Spartan makes an appearance in build 10009

Will Windows 10 have Internet Explorer?

IE is still included in windows 10 BUT it is being retired and replaced with project spartan. Spartan is set to be the default browser in win 10 and it can import all of IE's favs bookmarks, etc.

I suspect there will be some gowning pains in getting used to Spartan.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 6, 2015
  5. caperjack Win User
    looking forward to it myself ,but I think IE dislikers will not even give it a chance

caperjack, Feb 7, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Now this is some good news and something to look forward to in the upcoming build. I really want to kick the tires of this new browser.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 7, 2015
  7. rfruth Win User
    Hope Spartan (IE12 ?) continues the recent trend of making big improvements *Biggrin

rfruth, Feb 7, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

It's not going to be IE12, it's Spartan a new browser. MS is dropping the name IE.

BunnyJ, Feb 7, 2015
  9. caperjack Win User
    nope you cant call it IE12 as its totally different ,

caperjack, Feb 7, 2015
  10. Vladimir Win User
    What I think is a nice way to go. Every technology has to be replaced one day and IE11 rendering engine is bloated and becoming obsolete.

But remember that...

Vladimir, Feb 7, 2015
  11. Let's just call it Spartan, I like that name but that icon is definitely circa dial-up era.

Coke Robot, Feb 7, 2015
  12. Hahaha, it does look a lot like one of those logos. Was it Compuserve?

blackroseMD1, Feb 7, 2015
  13. caperjack Win User

But remember that...
    oh, I remember and I prove it everyday *Wink

caperjack, Feb 7, 2015
  14. Dave44 Win User
    cant wait to try it out come on Microsoft let us have new build

Dave44, Feb 7, 2015
  15. Winuser Win User
    Even though I like Pale Moon, I definitely will give Spartan a try when it's released.

Winuser, Feb 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10: Project Spartan makes an appearance in build 10009 - Similar Threads - Project Spartan makes

2. How to change options on Project Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change options on Project Spartan?: Just started looking at Spartan today and I'm struggling to work out how to do a few things, that I think were on the 'Internet Options' tab in IE. Can anyone tell me how to: Change how tabs work so when I open something in a new tab I automatically switch to that tab...
  3. Project Spartan fails to open

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan fails to open: Ever since I upgraded to version 10074 I cannot get Spartan to open. It starts to activate then shuts down again before the blue splash screen has disappeared. As Spartan is set to default - whenever I use a program that requires access to the net, it cant do anything as...
  4. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  5. Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan: I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the download. Can anyone help with this? 5004
  6. Interact with Desktop using Project Spartan...

in Browsers and Email
    Interact with Desktop using Project Spartan...: I am a developer who currently has a web application that calls a COM object on the PC that IE is running on. With Project Spartan I'm aware that they are getting rid of Active X which is the method we used to be able to do this. What I'm looking for is what is the...
  7. Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan: I am using Build 10074. How do I pin a website to the Start Screen? In Win 8.1 Internet Explorer, I could "Add site to Apps", then pin it to Start. How do I do this with Edge? 5905
  8. Project Spartan and the Windows 10 January Preview Build

in Windows 10 News
    Project Spartan and the Windows 10 January Preview Build: Yesterday, we announced that Windows 10 will ship with a brand new browser, codenamed “Project Spartan.” Designed for Windows 10, Spartan provides a more interoperable, reliable, and discoverable experience with advanced features including the ability to annotate on web...
  9. Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10: Today I’m excited to share more details about “Project Spartan,” the new browser we are introducing in Windows 10. Project Spartan will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web. Project Spartan is designed to work...
  10. Project Spartan now available in Windows 10 Preview for Phones

in Windows 10 News
    Project Spartan now available in Windows 10 Preview for Phones: As Gabe just announced on the Windows Blog, the latest Windows 10 Technical Preview build for phones is now available. With it, we are delighted to announce that Project Spartan for Windows phones is available to preview in this build. It's been just over a week since...