Windows 10: Windows 10 puts wrong user name - Microsoft Account

Discus and support Windows 10 puts wrong user name - Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I fresh install windows and set it up using my Microsoft account login the last couple of letters of my account name get cut off and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JaydenFraser, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 puts wrong user name - Microsoft Account

Every time I fresh install windows and set it up using my Microsoft account login the last couple of letters of my account name get cut off and I'm stuck with a user account linked with half a name

I already know the "Fix" is to create a local account, delete the Microsoft account and link your email to the local account with the correct name

I'm looking to fix the root cause that is to change the name that syncs to all new installs or delete that name and retype the name to create a new sync

plus pretty much all links in other posts explaining how to change this redirect back to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10 and does not help at all

:)

JaydenFraser, Jul 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 puts wrong user name - Microsoft Account

I already know how to fix this after it happens, there's answers on the community that tell you to make a local account with the correct name, delete the old account, then re-enter the MS Account (email) into the new one and enjoy...

The problem I have is that when I do new installs, I don't want to keep doing that over and over again. WHY is Windows putting the wrong user name in the first place? Can MS fix this on their end? I know it has something to do with the server side (sync)
    I was an insider since Win10 10130, had this problem form the beginning. I checked out my Microsoft Account to see if my name was spelled correctly in there, it was. Every time Windows is reinstalled, the user name is cut off by a few letters and it's soooo
    annoying... So I'm hoping MS might be able to check out my MicrosoftAccount and see if there's anything that can fix this.

Thanks!!!

Izlude Knight, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 puts wrong user name - Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

We suggest you to remove and read the account name and check if it helps.

Add note article also applies for Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-microsoft-account-name

I suggest you to give your feedback about this using Windows Feedback App.

To open Feedback App, type feedback app in search tab and press Enter.

Get back to us if you have any more queries related to Windows 10.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Deepak..Raghav, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Windows 10 puts wrong user name - Microsoft Account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 puts wrong user name - Microsoft Account :(

Zakin, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 puts wrong user name - Microsoft Account

1. Windows 10 puts wrong user name - Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - puts wrong user

2. User account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  3. User account linked to wrong microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account linked to wrong microsoft account: Sometime after making both my wife's computer and my computer discoverable and allowing them to share files, my wife's only user account on her computer was somehow linked to my microsoft account. It shows her user but my account in the settings app. How can I change this so...
  4. User account linked to wrong microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account linked to wrong microsoft account: Sometime after making both my wife's computer and my computer discoverable and allowing them to share files, my wife's only user account on her computer was somehow linked to my microsoft account. It shows her user but my account in the settings app. How can I change this so...
  5. Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?: I just installed Windows 10 on a workstation on my network there are many computers on this internal network. Since this network is secure and I'm the only employee... the same username and password is used on all systems... mine. This makes it very simple to use the...
  6. Windows 10 User Profile Name not getting updated with Microsoft Account Profile Name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 User Profile Name not getting updated with Microsoft Account Profile Name: Hello All, I have recently bought a PC and started setting up with multiple family members as users. When I try to add my user using the Outlook Account, I saw I am using *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as my sign in id for Outlook. So I have created an alias...
  7. Microsoft Account --> Change "Users" Name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account --> Change "Users" Name.: Ok, so I created a Microsoft Account and Windows seemed to assign the first 4 letters of my "sign-in e-mail" as my C: > Users name. What's the best way to change my "Users" name in C drive? Also, how do I delete profile images under "Settings" ? I see how I can switch...
  8. Wrong windows account folder name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong windows account folder name.: My windows account folder name has the last character missing! My first name is Partha. Everywhere it shows Partha in my laptop. But my windows account folder name is "parth" instead of "partha". I don't want to create a new MS account and delete my current account. I want to...
  9. Account name user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name user name: You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what you wanted instead? Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials [img]
  10. User Account Folder has Wrong Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Folder has Wrong Name: Just got a new Tablet PC. As it took me through the initial setup process, it truncated my User Name to the first letter. For example, for my username I entered 'Fred' but when I hit Enter the name was shown as 'f' and no way to get back to that screen to change it. After...