Windows 10: Windows 10 Quick Access Disappears on Startup

Discus and support Windows 10 Quick Access Disappears on Startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago and the Quick Access menu was working normally. A few months back however, all of the pinned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by colsrobe, Feb 1, 2016.

1. colsrobe Win User

Windows 10 Quick Access Disappears on Startup

Hello,

I upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago and the Quick Access menu was working normally. A few months back however, all of the pinned items disappeared and I cannot pin anything to the quick access menu either. I've gone through all the posts and different solutions I can find and all I have been able to do is temporarily fix the problem by deleting the "5f7b5f1e01b83767.automaticDestinations-ms" file in the C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations folder.

Deleting this file does bring back the quick access folders that I had pinned before this problem started to happen, but every time I restart my computer, the quick access menu is again empty and nothing can be pinned to it.

I have googled and tried all of the different solutions that I can find so any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

:)

colsrobe, Feb 1, 2016

2. I can only pin one folder to Quick Access, if I try to pin another the first disappears.

Original Title: Quick Access is not quick access

What is the point of Quick Access when it doesn't keep the files you want quick access to pinned as you would like? I can only pin one folder, if I try to pin another the first disappears. It doesn't make sense. Is there a way to pull Favorites from Windows
    7 into Windows 10? It was actually useful. With Quick Access I have to drill down in files all day long.

DianeThomas28, Feb 1, 2016
  3. File Explorer/Quick Access

I recently started having a problem with File Explorer and Quick Access. When I start my computer, all works fine but then gradually the files as listed in File Explorer and Quick Access start to disappear and soon there are none present. I need to
    restart and again they are there but also again they start to disappear. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion to correct? Thanks/

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access / PC

William L Hurley, Feb 1, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome *Smile

One thing worth checking - are the two boxes ticked in the Privacy settings of Folder Options? Select Options on the View ribbon of File Explorer.

Windows 10 Quick Access Disappears on Startup [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 1, 2016
  5. colsrobe Win User
    They were originally clicked but are not currently selected. That was one of the many "solutions" along the way that I had tried. Do I want them to be clicked?

Thanks!

colsrobe, Feb 1, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Yes, they need to be checked as shown in my post for the Quick Access to function normally.

philc43, Feb 1, 2016
  7. colsrobe Win User
    Well, I went back in and checked them and tried restarting to see if that was the cause of the problem. All of the quick access folder disappeared again after restarting though....

Any other thoughts?

colsrobe, Feb 1, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

Did the Privacy check marks disappear too in the Folder Options?

philc43, Feb 1, 2016
  9. colsrobe Win User
    Nope, they stayed checked.

colsrobe, Feb 1, 2016
  10. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Feb 1, 2016
  11. colsrobe Win User
    Thanks for the link! Nothing there seemed to help though. *Sad I even went through and turned quick access on and off using the regedit method. No luck...

I did look again and it is actually deleting the "f01b4d95cf55d32a.automaticDestinations-ms" file in C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations that resets the quick access and brings it back (until restart of course). Don't know if that changed anything or not, but thought I would clarify.

colsrobe, Feb 1, 2016
  12. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Feb 1, 2016
  13. colsrobe Win User

Well I went through the process of turning it off and back on through regedit (changed the value data to a0600000, restarted, then changed the value data back to a0100000 and pinned a few things to the quick access and restarted again) , but the Quick Access menu still disappears after a restart...

Any other tricks?

colsrobe, Feb 1, 2016
  14. philc43 Win User
    Can you confirm that the changes you made from the tutorial work at first and behave as you want? From what you are saying it seems that the process of restarting undoes the changes.

philc43, Feb 1, 2016
  15. colsrobe Win User
    Sure. When I changed the value to a0600000 and restarted, the quick access option was not available in the file explorer (see below).

I went back in and changed the value back to a0100000 and restarted again and the quick access option is back (see below).

Then I pinned a few items to the quick access (see below).

I then restarted again to see if I could replicate the problem about the quick access disappearing when restarting and this is what I have (see below).

colsrobe, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Quick Access Disappears on Startup - Similar Threads - Quick Access Disappears

2. Quick access folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick access folder has disappeared: In Windows 11, suddenly Explorer has lost the quick access folder and all my pinned folders. I tried resetting the folders and doing the actions recommended on https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clear-and-reset-quick-access-folders-in-windows-11.4693/but they didn't restore it....
  3. Quick Access Disappeared from Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Disappeared from Windows Explorer: Quick Access has randomly disappeared from Windows Explorer left panel. I have shut down, restarted, restored Folder Options defaults, deleted Quick Access Cache files, and checked for updates but nothing helps. I use quick access a lot so this is a very annoying problem, any...
  4. Quick Access Disappeared from Windows Explorer

Quick Access Disappeared from Windows Explorer: Quick Access has randomly disappeared from Windows Explorer left panel. I have shut down, restarted, restored Folder Options defaults, deleted Quick Access Cache files, and checked for updates but nothing helps. I use quick access a lot so this is a very annoying problem, any...
  5. Quick Access has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access has disappeared: Just went to save a file and the 'Quick Access' option in the save dialogue has disappeared. I ran a scan using an elevated command prompt sfc / scannow and this came up clean. Attempting to add items to 'Add to Quick Access' via the context menu doesn't do anything. Thanks...
  6. Quick Access has disappeared

Quick Access has disappeared: Just went to save a file and the 'Quick Access' option in the save dialogue has disappeared. I ran a scan using an elevated command prompt sfc / scannow and this came up clean. Attempting to add items to 'Add to Quick Access' via the context menu doesn't do anything. Thanks...
  7. Quick Access Pins Disappearing On Windows 10, 20H1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access Pins Disappearing On Windows 10, 20H1: Problem is as mentioned.I dont even know when it starts disappearing. After a few hours, it just disappears from Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-pins-disappearing-on-windows-10-20h1/64d02b21-9b64-40a4-b185-f3e312143997
  8. Quick Access Disappeared Links

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Disappeared Links: File Explorer Quick Access is missing all of the links I added to it, leaving only the default "desktop" "downloads" documents" and “pictures". I’ve been on hold with MS tech support for two and a half hours. Should I just give up and rebuild it? I’d also been having issues...
  9. Quick Access Pins Disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access Pins Disappear: The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins stay, but the ones I add do not. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-pins-disappear/5596e1d2-9295-4c4c-a0be-d9080ac59077
  10. Quick Access Disappears...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Disappears...: When opening a folder/file in File Explorer from the Quick Access items, File Explorer sometimes, but not always will open up the tree under "This PC". This often takes me to sub-sub-sub-folders of the Quick Access item, and because the tree is so large, my Quick Access...