Windows 10: Windows 10 Quick Access/ file exploring hanging up

Discus and support Windows 10 Quick Access/ file exploring hanging up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We had an issue using file explorer and quick access in Windows 10: the never-ending "working on it" message whenever we tried to access our files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ramona1T, May 4, 2016.

1. Ramona1T Win User

Windows 10 Quick Access/ file exploring hanging up

We had an issue using file explorer and quick access in Windows 10: the never-ending "working on it" message whenever we tried to access our files.

The system never even got to the state where we could use the options menu to disable Quick Access... We ran McAfee Virus and found nothing, but Malware Bytes turned up many infections and resolved the problem!
    Our problems were caused by malware -- and Malwarebytes took care of it. I'd advise anyone else having this problem to give Malwarebytes a try!

:)

Ramona1T, May 4, 2016
  2. Wiedźmin Win User
    Wiedźmin, May 4, 2016
  3. Admrl Ackbar, May 4, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Note: I hate the default file explorer "Quick Access" window. I change mine to the windows 7 style. Open up file explorer, click the arrow to expand the ribbon, click view tab, click the options tab in the ribbon, click change folder and search options, click general tab if not already selected, in "Open file explorer to:" select This PC and click apply and OK.

Now your file explorer will open up to "This PC"

Plankton, May 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Quick Access/ file exploring hanging up - Similar Threads - Quick Access file

2. no quick access in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no quick access in my file explorer: there is no quick access on left side https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-quick-access-in-my-file-explorer/4e3be6da-128a-4d77-8fd0-c3b974eaca78
  3. Quick Access in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in File Explorer: For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me...
  4. File Explorer Quick Access

File Explorer Quick Access: I have pinned a folder to quick access, file explorer. Folder shows, no problems. I shut my machine down at the end of the day. When I restart and go into file explorer, the folder I pinned to quick access is not there. I have tried various solutions on-line and community...
  5. File explorer and quick access query

File explorer and quick access query: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user with all updates up-to-date. Recently, my File explorer icons look like a page with the corner turned over - no normal file image and at the same time the quick access search never finishes?...
  6. File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?: I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro vers 1909 on a new build. This is my first experience with Win10. I'm not sure what icons are supposed to be in Quick Access. But I have 3 yellow folders that correspond to drivers that I installed, in addition to 5 icons which appear...
  7. Speed Up Quick Access in Windows 10's File Explorer

Speed Up Quick Access in Windows 10's File Explorer: How to Speed up Quick Access in Windows 10's File Explorer Search for Files and Folders Select "Change Search Options for Files and Folders Click on the General Tab Under Privacy, UNCHECK "Show recently used files in Quick Access as well as Show frequently used folders in...
  8. In File Explorer Quick Access

In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  9. Quick Access Column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Column in File Explorer: How can I change the width of the Quick Access column in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/quick-access-column-in-file-explorer/eb2c6ef5-6b89-480a-af0b-7c4f879a5695
  10. Issues with quick access and file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with quick access and file explorer: Today after starting my computer, I realized that quick access items disappeared and I am unable to pin anything. In addition, all pinned items in the menu that appears when you right click on the file explorer disappeared as well. I am attaching images to clarify the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mcafee cause quick access in file explorer to hang