Windows 10: Windows 10 Quick Access/ file exploring hanging up

Discus and support Windows 10 Quick Access/ file exploring hanging up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We had an issue using file explorer and quick access in Windows 10: the never-ending "working on it" message whenever we tried to access our files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ramona1T, May 4, 2016.

1. Ramona1T Win User

Windows 10 Quick Access/ file exploring hanging up

We had an issue using file explorer and quick access in Windows 10: the never-ending "working on it" message whenever we tried to access our files.

The system never even got to the state where we could use the options menu to disable Quick Access... We ran McAfee Virus and found nothing, but Malware Bytes turned up many infections and resolved the problem!
    Our problems were caused by malware -- and Malwarebytes took care of it. I'd advise anyone else having this problem to give Malwarebytes a try!

:)

Ramona1T, May 4, 2016
  2. Wiedźmin Win User
    Wiedźmin, May 4, 2016
  3. Admrl Ackbar, May 4, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Note: I hate the default file explorer "Quick Access" window. I change mine to the windows 7 style. Open up file explorer, click the arrow to expand the ribbon, click view tab, click the options tab in the ribbon, click change folder and search options, click general tab if not already selected, in "Open file explorer to:" select This PC and click apply and OK.

Now your file explorer will open up to "This PC"

Plankton, May 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Quick Access/ file exploring hanging up - Similar Threads - Quick Access file

2. File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working: Hi, I accidentally destroyed my quick access menu inside the file explorer: Quick Access does not contain anything [ATTACH] Some registry folder I found on the internet which might something to do with it [ATTACH] What happens if I try to add a folder [ATTACH] The...
  3. Quick access missing in file explorer.

Quick access missing in file explorer.: Cant get quick access to come up and not sure why [ATTACH] any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-missing-in-file-explorer/595eabd2-5403-42e8-b335-cfb9dc75b289"
  4. File explorer hangs

File explorer hangs: I'm a Windows Insider (build 18334) Since the latest 4 or 5 builds, file manager is behaving very badly. It takes up to ten or more minutes to build up the Quick Access list. Pictures folders often show white thumbs, green bar keeps rolling without success. Makes normal...
  5. Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10

Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10: Is there a way to Remove "Quick Access" folder in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-quick-access-in-file-explorer-win10/0fdb23e4-495d-4174-8fea-af02836f1d31"
  6. Quick Access Column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Column in File Explorer: How can I change the width of the Quick Access column in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/quick-access-column-in-file-explorer/eb2c6ef5-6b89-480a-af0b-7c4f879a5695
  7. Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10: Just for info: Remove 'Folders' from 'This PC' tweaks work okay in TP Build 10061. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html 3734
  8. Reset File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar to Default in Windows 10: I think this may have affected my system with undesirable results. I'm having popup tooltip problems in AutoCAD where the tooltips close too quickly and some forums say that a registry edit could have caused it. Do you know how to undo your downloaded registry edit here?...
  9. File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files: For some strange reasons, File Explorer no longer shows the Recent files. Is there any way to fix this?*Rolleyes 58261
  10. Issues with quick access and file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with quick access and file explorer: Today after starting my computer, I realized that quick access items disappeared and I am unable to pin anything. In addition, all pinned items in the menu that appears when you right click on the file explorer disappeared as well. I am attaching images to clarify the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mcafee cause quick access in file explorer to hang