Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly crashes (black screen)

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly crashes (black screen) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, First of all, english is not my native language (I'm from Argentina, land of great soccer players and the worst politicians), so you'll have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aleconnolly, May 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 randomly crashes (black screen)

Hi,

First of all, english is not my native language (I'm from Argentina, land of great soccer players and the worst politicians), so you'll have to excuse my english.

Here's my problem: I have a desktop PC that I built 5 years ago. It's a little bit old, but works fine for me. I use it to surf the web, watch Netflix and movies with Kodi and some work (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Nothing that needs serious processing.

I have an AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20 GHz processor with an array of 4 Kingston HyperX 2 GB 800MHz DDR2, totalizing 8GB of RAM memory. The graphic card is EVGA GeForce GT 430.

I was using Windows 7 64-bits Ultimate and all worked fine. There were some crashes, but I think they average 5 o 6 times a year.

Few months ago I updated into Windows 10 Pro 64-bits. And the problems started. The crashes started to occur more frequently, and with the last major update, they always occur everytime I watch a few seconds of any kind of video (streamed, an MP4 or a MKV in my PC, autoplay in Facebook newsfeed, etc). What happens? The screem goes dark and my monitor led indicator start flashing, as it does when PC goes to sleep. But I cannot "bring it back": no matter what keyboard combination I type, the screen remains black.

I have my graphic card connected to a Samsung LED monitor via D-sub and to a Pioneer Audio Receiver via HDMI. The receiver sends the video signal to an Optoma Projector which I use to watch my movies. I have to say that when the screen goes black in the monitor, it also goes black in the projector (I have my desktop extended).

I downgraded my nVidia drivers to version 353.54, which I read was a stable version. The problem persists. I don't know what to do. Could somebody help me please?

Regards!

:)

aleconnolly, May 1, 2016

2. windows 10 browsers crashing after cumulative update KB4090913

Black screen and system crashes randomly when using browsers . Reboot is then required

billt49thompson, May 1, 2016
  3. MSVCR100.dll not designed to run on windows or containes an error for windows 10.

So, this stopped the error on starting up when on the desktop but still randomly after like 10 minutes all periphrials become unresponsive, all screens go black and say disconnected the speakers make a buzzing sound before turning off and the pc is basically
    crashed. Internally all fans are still on and the graphics card aswell along with the power supply. I cannot figure out why it keeps randomly crashing. Sometimes it doesn't crash at all and I can be on it working and filling out scholarship apps for hours.
    Or. It crashes 3 times in twenty minutes.

DavidAWitte, May 1, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 randomly crashes (black screen)

Ztruker, May 1, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly crashes (black screen)

1. Windows 10 randomly crashes (black screen) - Similar Threads - randomly crashes black

2. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screen Crashes: Hi all!I've been having issues where my screen randomly goes black and my PC crashes. Sometimes I can still hear audio in the background and sometimes it's a full on crash. Things I've tried:1. Updated all drivers2. Underclocked GPU3. Set GPU to Max performance from Nvidia...
  3. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screen Crashes: Hi all!I've been having issues where my screen randomly goes black and my PC crashes. Sometimes I can still hear audio in the background and sometimes it's a full on crash. Things I've tried:1. Updated all drivers2. Underclocked GPU3. Set GPU to Max performance from Nvidia...
  4. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen crashes: For almost a year now I've been having crashes with no discernible source, seemingly at random. I could be browsing the internet, playing a game, or literally doing nothing. Sometimes I've had my computer crash after a restart before I can even open a program. When it first...
  5. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random black screen crashes: For almost a year now I've been having crashes with no discernible source, seemingly at random. I could be browsing the internet, playing a game, or literally doing nothing. Sometimes I've had my computer crash after a restart before I can even open a program. When it first...
  6. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Black Screen Crashes: My computer will randomly crash to a black screen, continue audio for a little bit, then nothing. This usually occurs when streaming video, but occasionally occurs when browsing or doing something else. However, it has never crashed while playing a video game. I've tried the...
  8. Random crash whit black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random crash whit black screen: While it is hapaning i cant do anyting i cat even force close i reinstaled the graphic driver but it doesent work i need help asap please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-crash-whit-black-screen/d9e3ff06-10c5-4796-bd21-f0189e2a6bf8
  9. Windows 10 randomly black screens then crashes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 randomly black screens then crashes: Hey. For the past week my computer is randomly crashing. The computer freezes with a static noise coming from the speakers then there is a black screen without sound but the computer is on and then the computer crashes and starts booting to windows again. I tried sfc /scannow...
  10. Windows Crashes to Black Screen and Reboots Randomly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Crashes to Black Screen and Reboots Randomly.: Hi guys, I'm experiencing a strange problem on my secondary desktop (the crappy Alienware). Randomly, the machine restarts within a mere 5 minutes of it running. It also restarts just sitting on the login screen, so it doesn't only happen when someone is logged in. It,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4462930 crash